PDA

View Full Version : Pledge on Shafts?

drawshot
11-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Can I use Lemon Pledge on my shafts?

I usually clean them with either Cue clean products or lighter fluid, then burnish them with a leather burnisher but wanted to get them to glide very easily. I thought Lemon Pledge would be nice? But is there any bad effects on the wood?

SecaucusFats
11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote drawshot:</font><hr> Can I use Lemon Pledge on my shafts?

I usually clean them with either Cue clean products or lighter fluid, then burnish them with a leather burnisher but wanted to get them to glide very easily. I thought Lemon Pledge would be nice? But is there any bad effects on the wood?

<hr /></blockquote>

Pledge raises the grain of the shaft wood.

If you want a real slick finish you can use any of the shine and frizz control hair products (I use Hask "Pure Shine and Frizz Remedy"). They're cheap and a small bottle will last for a year or more. You put a couple of drops on some paper towels and apply it in a burnishing stroke. (Products like "Cue Silk" and "Q-Glide" are essentially the same thing(silicone) but cost a lot more.)

I've used the stuff for years without a problem.

SF

Popcorn
11-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Cue Silk isn't silicone, it is however a common hair care product without the scent. I don't think I would use pledge on a cue shaft. They say not to put it on bare wood.

GStrong
11-11-2004, 10:57 PM
I have used the no wax pledge before with no problem. But really, I just wanted share something I used today; Mr Clean Magic Eraser is unbelievable for cleaning. My shaft looks brand new... lifted the chalk right out!! Unbelievable how clean and smooth it is...

SPetty
11-12-2004, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GStrong:</font><hr> Mr Clean Magic Eraser is unbelievable for cleaning. My shaft looks brand new... lifted the chalk right out!! <hr /></blockquote>I used it on a new used shaft recently as well, and was surprised at how naked the wood was after I finished. I wanted to "finish" it with something when I was done, but didn't know what to use so didn't use anything.

I've never heard of using hair care products on the shaft before. Could someone please provide a little more specific info - brand names and such?

PQQLK9
11-12-2004, 08:33 AM
take your choise /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/media/1111pic.jpg

trailboss
11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Ak AK AKKK..tell us what it is...I don't care about a scent!

trailboss
11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Pledge, car wax, silicone, or Armor all on a cheap cue shaft have all worked for me... Do Not use the above on an expensive Shaft!

SecaucusFats
11-12-2004, 03:44 PM
I've never heard of using hair care products on the shaft before. Could someone please provide a little more specific info - brand names and such? <hr /></blockquote>

"Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy"

"Citre Shine Miracle Anti Frizz Serum"

"John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum"

Prices run approx $5 to $6 for a 1.5 oz. bottle.

Clairol, St. Ives, L'Oreal, and every other hair care company offer similar products. All contain silicone in the form of Cyclomethicone and/or Dimethiconol.

SF

petel
11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
What I found works best for me is the stuff they use on snow boards. One application lasts for about 20 hours of play. It's cheap stuff for the amount you use and it is very slick. I mean real slick. It has a wet look to it after it dries (dries in 1 minute) and adds no thickness. I believe this works much better than Cue Slick.

trailboss
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Akkkkk....AKKKKK.. What does this mean????

SPetty
11-12-2004, 06:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> Akkkkk....AKKKKK.. What does this mean???? <hr /></blockquote>Are ya suffering from a hair ball there, trailboss? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

SecaucusFats
11-12-2004, 07:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote petel:</font><hr> What I found works best for me is the stuff they use on snow boards. One application lasts for about 20 hours of play. It's cheap stuff for the amount you use and it is very slick. I mean real slick. It has a wet look to it after it dries (dries in 1 minute) and adds no thickness. I believe this works much better than Cue Slick. <hr /></blockquote>

So are you going to leave us hanging? C'mon what is it and where can I get some to try out? (Middle aged fat guys like me don't go near snowboards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

SF

trailboss
11-13-2004, 09:53 AM
That snowboard stuff just might work! Where to get it might be a problem.. I will try and locate some on the net. Thanks for the tip!

petel
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
The product is Zardoz and can be found at http://www.zardozcanada.com/. This stuff is used on snow boards. I've used it often on my Predator shaft without any problems. I'm sure there are other products like it available on the Internet. To apply, wipe on cue shaft with applicator and then wipe again with a paper towel. It dries in 1/2 minute. After applied your cue shaft will have a wet look to it. It adds no thickness and is incredibly slick.

SnakebyteXX
11-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Zardoz NoWax - US availability - (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=NOTwax&amp;hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;sa=N&amp;tab=wf)

petel
11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
This is the one http://store.yahoo.com/snowshack/zarnotskiand1.html