PDA

View Full Version : Helluva time in Vegas!

CarolNYC
05-19-2002, 09:36 AM
As short as I can:
Chris Cass-you and the family are the BEST-I love you guys and you'll always be my "jumping mantra"!:)
Spiderman-what a doll-hope you went far with your team play!
Rip-no more duct tape "ripping" for me! ha ha ha
Spetty-how you got everyones schedule is beyond me but thank god for you!
Fran-my bestfriend!
Barb-what a pissa at your anniversary and many more!
Now, as for this BCA master team play-fuhgeddaboudit-played from 9am-9pm straight and as someone stated,YOU MUST KNOW THE RULES! I found the sportsmanship of the teams outstanding and the competitiveness great! Sadly, my team only won one round, but never surrendered-made the other teams sweat,mostly to the hill,so Im proud of my team-
Cuechick,which was mud n honey team,way to go!In the finals!
Sweetpeas team was our last round robin play,I asked them what brand of shirts they wore ,CLEARANCE,ha ha ha,or two for one,ha ha ha-but they got me good with our terry cloths from the seventies!ha ha ha-One very good thing I did pick up was the predator break cue-I did not have my breakstick with me,not pocketing a ball,after the predator,dropping 2-3 on the break,hooray!And, thank god for straight pool because it helped me alot in 8-ball-my keyball to the 8 was a plus for a runout!
Wish you all well-miss you all and cannot wait for next year!
love,
CarolNYC

cueball1950
05-19-2002, 09:46 AM
hi sweetheart.... i am so glad to hear that you had such a great time. maybe next year i can make it out there. if i can get my fat butt off the couch..lol. then i will be able to meet all the nice people that you are writing about in your posts.......gotta love ya..................mike

Barbara
05-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Thanks for being there too, Carol! It was a LOT of fun and we were the noisiest table!! Got my pix of Pete with his new "dos" on my mirror at home. Where'd you put Jimmy's pix??

BTW, thanks for NOT mentioning Danny Barouty's speedo swimsuit. I loved Megan's line when he appeared poolside in 'em - "It's like a train wreck, you have to watch." Hahahahahhahaha!!!

Barbara

SpiderMan
05-20-2002, 03:40 AM
Yes, meeting all of you was definitely a blast. It's great now to have faces to put to the names I read on here, and personalities as well! And I'm also glad that Spetty had our schedules all figured out, because I quickly realized that I didn't know enough "real" names to find many people on the tournament boards.

Thanks, Carol, for the team encouragement - we got eliminated on Friday night, but I felt very good about our 49th-?? finish. We won 7 consecutive matches before getting bumped off the charts. This was actually the first year that we made it out of the brackets and onto the finals board.

My only regrets were: 1. Didn't ever make it up to watch the pros. 2. Despite my best efforts, I never managed to hook up with Dave Barenbrugge to talk about a custom cue. 3. We didn't get everyone together at once for a CCB group photo, or a party. I guess everyone's schedule is too different. 4. Carol forgot to bring her unmarried twin sister.

SpiderMan

CarolNYC
05-20-2002, 06:08 AM
Hey Mike,
Its only fate and time that we will one day meet,my friend-theres plenty of time for that!You stay well, you hear me-our time is coming to meet soon!
Carol

CarolNYC
05-20-2002, 06:13 AM
Oh my God! 49th out of a million?ha ha ha-way to go! I am so proud to have met you-you are a sweetheart and a gentleman and a wonderful shooter! As for your meeting up with custom cue person, Im sure you will in the future-and I ,too, am sorry we were not able to all get together for at least one night out,but my goodness,schedules were crazy!Unbelievable! 49th or not,your number one in my book and my best regards to your Mom-what a great lady!
Respectfully yours,
Carol

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Good afternoon:

Carol. Wherever you go and whatever you do, I am certain that you will have One Helluva Great Time. Dr. D., always willing to party hearty with CarolNYC. She is one helluva lady !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

05-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Yes. Vegas was a helluva time. Spent a lot of time on my game and felt that i was on top. won first set 5-2, could not do anything wrong was really "spinning the rock" just before my second match the rock turned into a stone and was spinning me, kidney stones. By the Grace of God, a handfull of codeine and a pep talk with my good buddy Jack Daniels i managed 3 more sets with only 1 loss before throwing in the towel. whata disappointment. would of loved to found out how far i could of went, so many great players it was an HONOR just to participate. saw so many great matches during the tournament. Saw many good shooters get "pickled". Bobby Pickle whata guy,the real dill. Dropped his tournament winnings just to get the "big game". I know many players will say "i beat Bobby in the money matches or i saw Bobby get beat"-- better think again - it was a setup all the way. Bobby is a roadplayer and hustler to the extreme. Please do not get me wrong it was a sight to see, how he worked the table, his opponent and also the crowd, talk about cleaning up the game of pool.
As far as the PRO's go the ladies were just that, LADIES all the way.Always took the time to speak or sign whatever the fans wanted. Robin what could you do if you hadn't been jumping 10,000 balls a day?
Melissa, The Dragon Lady, Herndon, what a lady, you go girl. Must be your CAJUN roots, Thibodaux, La. Sharon Weis another LADY that will go far. Karen let me know when you need help with your luggage.
The male PRO's could learn a lot. Earl is a butt, Buddy a prick, Rempe thanks for nothing, Efren wash your hands, Cory work on your power break, "BATA" keep it up, JimmyR please return my jump cue.

SPetty
05-21-2002, 08:00 AM
Hi Carol,

Yep, helluva time! I had a blast - especially meeting all of the CCB'ers. I can only second what Carol said, as well as to mention Fred Agnir, who played great! Fred's energy level *almost* matches Carol's!