PDA

View Full Version : cant we all get along?

marktadd
11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
i really dont want to talk about my poor typing skills or caps. how i didnt dot an i or cross a t? is that what were are here for?
im here just to see whats going on in the pool world and mabey learn something and mabey give some helpful advice. and if you guys want to debate something im all for that if you have questions i will do my best to help . if i have questions i hope you can help me. if we dissagree then lets be professional about or grown up. im guilt of not being grow up at times . so lets just have fun good day people:)

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2004, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marktadd:</font><hr> if i have questions i hope you can help me. <hr /></blockquote>

Mark, although I have never seen you play I have heard of you and it is good to see you here.

The only thing I would suggest is this. Slow down, read a little bit more of the posts, get to know the people on the board a bit before you make any assumptions about someone's personality or their motives.

Someone who you think is trying to antagonize you may actually be asking a legitimate question or trying to offer helpful advice.

trailboss
11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Yep...Thats correct...forget about the spelling errors, it dosn't matter! We would like your input on everything concerning Pool!

marktadd
11-12-2004, 03:10 PM
well i understand but with questions like( i think keith will stomp you in a race to 7 or 11? instead of mark who do you think would win in a race to 7 or 11 you or keith. i think he would what do you think. am i to understand that some of the people on this forum are just really nice folk but dont quit come across as nice? and that im taking it wrong? hmmm ok if you say so i will still post and try to answer questions. i feel like ive come out of a nice neighborhood to the ghetto. but that ok cause i lived in both just didnt know it was like that.
all is well i understand now /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan
11-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Mark,

Welcome. Hang in here, I think you have a lot to contribute, and I don't care about your typing. I'm pretty careful with mine, but maybe it's all I have to brag on. Sometimes showing up here is like the first week at a new school when you're 13 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

marktadd
11-12-2004, 04:57 PM
yes i know thats why i left school /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cueball1950
11-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Hi Mark.... Sometimes there are people both on here and on Azbilliards that just cannot comprehend what it is/was like to be a road player/gambler without throwning personal attacks out there if for no other reason than to start some type of posting war. Who the heck cares who would win betwen you and keith until such time it happens. They did it over on az with Keith and Keith stopped posting for a few months. You are right. they just make stupid comments rather than ask questions and gain something from your expertise. Sad part is, the moderator allows these personal attacks to go on, eventually people will not bother posting on these boards anymore. These people know who they are and they love causing aggrivation on both boards...Just my .02 cents worth............................mike

marktadd
11-13-2004, 03:21 AM
well i dont mind a healthy debate that has a purpose. im not worried
i think i can handle myself. with these gentllemen:)

Rich R.
11-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Mark, you will find good and bad people on all forums.

There are a lot of very nice people, all pool lovers, on this forum. Your input is very welcome, but keep in mind, there are many people here, who you could also learn from. Don't consider yourself to be the know all and be all, and you will get along a lot better.
There are many sides to any discussion and none are totally right or totally wrong.

MINISTRY
11-13-2004, 08:12 AM
I think Wally's advice is good for everyone even the vets of this forum. With that said, some people are just more positive than others - Hang in there, cause your love of the game and persuit to improve it is what is important, not some misguided persons attempt to compare skill levels on a discussion forum.

My first post was met with some interesting responses to say the least, as you can see in the link below.

First Post (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=160568&amp;page=8&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)

Tom_In_Cincy
11-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Mark,

I am pleased that you have decided to continue to post on this forum.

Like many posters have said, AZ Billiards and CCB are the two most read forums on the internet (some would argue this, but, I see the same posters on both forums all the time)

Don't worry about your typing skills, grammer or explainations/opinions, there is always someone here or on AZ that will assist.

BTW, good luck

woody_968
11-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Mark, Just wanted to say that I hope you hang around, I enjoy seeing all the different oppinions and I would certainly value yours.

Woody