PDA

View Full Version : Keith McCready vs Mark Tadd

trailboss
11-12-2004, 02:40 PM
I think Keith would really stomp on you in a race of 7 or 11, what do you think?

marktadd
11-12-2004, 02:58 PM
well you mean right this moment or when i was playing?
we have played 4 or 5 times by the way? lets take a vote

trailboss
11-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Well all said and done I will put 400,000 on Keith!

cueball1950
11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Mark,,, i believe keith has already asnwered this question over on AZ when someone asked him about ever playing you. I believe, and i may be wrong, that keith said that you broke about even or that you may have come out a game or 2 ahead. Regardless, Keith gave you a glowing tribute and stated that you are a gentleman in addition to being 1 heck of a player.........................mike

nhp
11-12-2004, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> I think Keith would really stomp on you in a race of 7 or 11, what do you think? <hr /></blockquote>

trailboss did you forget to take your anti-moron pills today?

Irish
11-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Now? I watched Keith lose to Edwin Montal for 3 large on the bar box in Vegas just over a year ago. Then again Mark has not been playing pool and probably would not be a great bet against Edwin atm either. It really depends how much Mark has lost in speed, some players dont lose much, they shoot almost as good as when they quit and take about 2 weeks of 8-10 hours a day to get back to 95% after years off. If Mark got back to 95% then I give him the edge these days, Keith is far past his prime. Back in the early 90's when Mark was playing awesome Keith was already past his prime, so that they could play close to even says alot for Keith. If Mark at his peak played Keith at his peak on the box I gotta like Keith, noone in the world wanted any of Keith at his prime on the box though. 9-foot, who knows how good Keith was on there, that is one person I wish footage existed of in the late 70's early 80's so we could see just how strong he played.

Long story short, impossible to get them matched up both in their prime. Mark being younger would probably get better then Keith is now in a comeback since he is of the age he could still play near the peak of his career. Sadly Keiths best days are behind him, but his golden years are still allowing for some damn sweet flashes such as the US-Open.

marktadd
11-12-2004, 07:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> Now? I watched Keith lose to Edwin Montal for 3 large on the bar box in Vegas just over a year ago. Then again Mark has not been playing pool and probably would not be a great bet against Edwin atm either. It really depends how much Mark has lost in speed, some players dont lose much, they shoot almost as good as when they quit and take about 2 weeks of 8-10 hours a day to get back to 95% after years off. If Mark got back to 95% then I give him the edge these days, Keith is far past his prime. Back in the early 90's when Mark was playing awesome Keith was already past his prime, so that they could play close to even says alot for Keith. If Mark at his peak played Keith at his peak on the box I gotta like Keith, noone in the world wanted any of Keith at his prime on the box though. 9-foot, who knows how good Keith was on there, that is one person I wish footage existed of in the late 70's early 80's so we could see just how strong he played.

Long story short, impossible to get them matched up both in their prime. Mark being younger would probably get better then Keith is now in a comeback since he is of the age he could still play near the peak of his career. Sadly Keiths best days are behind him, but his golden years are still allowing for some damn sweet flashes such as the US-Open. <hr /></blockquote>very interesting did you guys know in 93 i had to spot shannon daulon the 8 on bar table? for 5k

Ken_4fun
11-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Trailboss -

You could have got Mother Teresa in a fistfight. Mark Tadd is right...ask or suggest in a positive manner.

I have never seen Mark play, but I have seen Keither play and win (and lose). I would love to see that matchup, they both talk .....an entertaining match for sure.

Regards
ken

Dagwood
11-12-2004, 09:27 PM
I've watched Keither with the Ether in action, but have never had the opportunity to watch Mark play. However, from what my friends down in GA say, (Mark Gregory, Bruce Berrong, Matt Bulfin, Lenny and Richie Samosky), Mark was/is the best 'unknown' player that they have ever seen. From the way they were talking, I wouldn't want to make a call on the match between Keith and Mark, but as said previously, it would be a pleasure to watch. Welcome back to the game Mark. Look forward to seeing you play.

Dags

marktadd
11-13-2004, 03:14 AM
ty sir , me and keith have played many times. 12 , 13 years ago he could play beleive that. im 39 thats not young. i wont say who won cause i like keith but if you ask him and he says it ok i will tell.

trailboss
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Relax folks! I was just trying to get Mark a little riled up so he wants to play again. I guess the post did seem a little rude. I apologise Mark.. I hope you can get that fighting spirit back and begin knocking balls in!

ragin1
11-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I wish he would just go ahead and make the jump. He has the talent, that we know for sure, but he just hasn't found the heart again. I think every time he thinks negatively about pool for a living he should practice 1 hr. Every time he wants to share his negative thought on the cc board or az he should practice for 2 hrs. He'd be instroke in a wk.