PDA

View Full Version : Seems it could be Mark Tadd

jungledude51
11-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Even though he got the young lady that worked in my pool room's name wrong, he does seem to know quite a bit about Mark Tademy. A great talent and Popcorn should be ashamed to critic a pool player's english skills. My God, guys, while you were in the class room, Mark was running racks of 9 ball... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
11-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Gerald wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
My God, guys, while you were in the class room, Mark was running racks of 9 ball... <hr /></blockquote>

And some of us were running racks when Mark was in grade school. Not everyone that posts in this forum is 18 years old. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It is quite obvious that 'marktadd' has a pool players gambler's way with his words.

I assume you posted this in somewhat jest and also to give some credence to Mark's identity. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, 'The Green Felt Jungle' is a must read for all pool enthusists.

Popcorn
11-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I just suggested he use a word program to make it easier for him. His posts are some of the worst I have see on any board. Why not use a tool that is available.? He made one post that I swear looks like some kind of secret code or something. I had to read it multiple times to have any idea what he was talking about. Read this:
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=165215&amp;page =0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=1&amp;fpart=

NH_Steve
11-14-2004, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>
And some of us were running racks when Mark was in grade school. Not everyone that posts in this forum is 18 years old. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif &lt;snip&gt;<hr /></blockquote>So true /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A couple of years ago I got re-acquainted with a fellow NH player who like me had taken a pretty long sabatical from Manchester's pool clubs. Anyway, I noticed a poster here on the CCB commenting that he liked One Pocket, and his User Name mentioned NH. So I thought, jeez, how many One Pocket players are there here in NH, I've got to get in touch with this guy. So I sent him a PM and he replied to say he would be at such and such club after 3pm on Wednesday. So that Wed I went there about three -- knowing that his name was John and he liked One Pocket. Well it's a small club, but there was no-one named John in there for an hour or so, so I'm getting ready to give up and leave when a white haired gentleman walks in the door, and I overhear someone say, 'hi, John.' So I'm thinking, well this guy is a senior -- he's not going to be hanging out on an internet pool message board, but since I was leaving anyway, I might as well ask him. So I walked up and asked him if he was the guy that liked to play One Pocket -- not at all expecting that he was -- and sure enough, it was him, and we've had a regular game ever since then. So you just never know who's behind the keyboard /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, great to have a talent like Mark re-entering the game!!!!

SpiderMan
11-15-2004, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I just suggested he use a word program to make it easier for him. His posts are some of the worst I have see on any board. Why not use a tool that is available.? He made one post that I swear looks like some kind of secret code or something. I had to read it multiple times to have any idea what he was talking about. Read this:
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=165215&amp;page =0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=1&amp;fpart= <hr /></blockquote>

It's messy, but it's sincere. I don't have any problem reading it, but then I'm from Memphis. Sounds like he just can't type as fast as he thinks. It's worth reading.

SpiderMan

bomber
11-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Does it really matter...could you really be for sure...who really cares. If it is the great mark tadd, then fine...welcome aboard. If it isnt mark tadd then who gives a crap...either way it is entertaining...my two cents worth is this: Mark Tadd posted a thread that basically said "Am I the real Mark Tadd?" why would anybody post this unless they were not the person they said they was. just seems fishy too me. oh well, jmo. but who am I...im just a school teacher from west kentucky, im sure not a famous world beater....or am I?

Fred Agnir
11-15-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I just suggested he use a word program to make it easier for him. His posts are some of the worst I have see on any board. Why not use a tool that is available.? He made one post that I swear looks like some kind of secret code or something. I had to read it multiple times to have any idea what he was talking about. Read this:
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=165215&amp;page =0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=1&amp;fpart= <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not getting your point. Is it the lack of capitilization that you're pointing out or are you complaining about his writing style?

He was writing in metaphors. I find it refreshing on this board.

Fred &lt;~~~ likes to write in metaphors

DialUp
11-18-2004, 05:18 PM
I was reading a heated thread, the other day, and had to quit reading half way through... His posts were to long and I could not justify the effort spent trying to decypher his message. I would have liked to read the entire thread but his style was to trying... When the only form of comunication is writing, clarity becomes intrinsic...

Anyways, who cares who he is, or who any of us are? Whats with all the name dropping in this board...