PDA

View Full Version : Patrick's Autographed Cards Update

TomBrooklyn
11-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi SPetty and All:

I heard from Patrick (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=164796&page =0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&vc=1) and he says he is doing well.

A thumbnail pic of my Limited Edition Autographed Card can be seen here. (http://poollogics.port5.com/old/autograph.htm) The full size version is a real classic beauty. If I can ever figure out how to get a website and put it on there, I will.

It's worth almost a thouand dollars now; percentage-wise, one of the best investments I ever made. Apparently because of the criticism Patrick recieved at the time for selling autographed cards of himself, he decided to give them away. But the giveaway ones only increase in value at 1/100 the rate of the paid ones.

Due to the subsequent increased rarity of a purchased card, I suspect the true value of it on the world collectable market may be quite a bit larger than the official estimate.

TomBk

jhendri2
11-13-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm new here, can you explain the object of him selling autographs of himself? I didn't quite get it on his website. It just looks like a scam or is he trying to raise money for lessons or college or what?

Jim

TomBrooklyn
11-13-2004, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jhendri2:</font><hr>can you explain the object of him selling autographs of himself? <hr /></blockquote>Hi Jimi Hendrix,
The same reason cards are sold of major league sports players. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jhendri2:</font><hr>It just looks like a scam <hr /></blockquote>
No, everything is on the up and up. Those who bought their cards recieved them. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jhendri2:</font><hr> is he trying to raise money?<hr /></blockquote> Of course. Isn't that what anyone who sells anything is doing?

TomBk

jhendri2
11-13-2004, 05:57 PM
First off my name is not Jimi Hendrix and I don't much appreciate that. Second, you cut out half of my post and sandbagged the reply.

WHY is he raising money? If you read my post I asked if it was for college or pool lessons or just a basic rip off. He is not a major league sports star, his cards are worthless.

"Those who bought cards received them"...I am sure they received signed cards. Why buy them?

Remember, it's just as easy to be an ass as it is to be polite. You choose which.

Jim

SPetty
11-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Barbara
11-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Sorry we cannot explain Patrick, you must experience him.

Barbara

TomBrooklyn
11-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Obviously I was mistaken earlier. That would not be the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Sid_Vicious
11-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Jim...You got a BUNCH of past history to catch up on here to understand about Patrick. To all of those here who understands, "You got to give the guy credit, he's got balls...well we don't know that for certain now do we?" Hell it made my day just knowing he ain't hiding out...sid

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Tom !!!! What an investment.....I'd buy it off of you at the current price of $953...which is a steal, one way, or another....but I spent all my "collectables" $$ on Beanie Bears. Now if I can only find that "secondary market" that they always alluded to, I'll sell one off, and put in a bid on your card.....always looking to add to my SS income, while I still got some SS income....just got to sweat out 4 more years

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Jim, Patrick is virtually, the best pool player in the known universe, and the unknown, I might add.
In addition to his amazing pool skills, which really have to be seen to be appreciated,or believed; he has a doctorate in Phantasmagoria

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Sid, I thought you was Patrick...you disappeared, an' he showed up, an he left, an you came back...but wait, then Fast Larry left.....it's all too confusing

SpiderMan
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Hey Tom,

Patrick should be an adult by now. Is he out working anywhere, or still living with his parents? Did he mature into someone who could function in the real world?

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
11-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Anyone can direct their questions directly to Patrick. I'm pretty sure he is monitoring this thread physically or at least mentally. I don't know if he'll reply, however, if people aren't nice to him.