PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Vegas CCB'ers

05-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the CCB'ers who sweated my matches. Sorry I couldn't do better, but when I got down on my first shot against Loree Jon and saw three one balls, I realized I was in BIG trouble. Someone told me Rip was in the background saying, "What the hell is she doing?" Haha! Believe me when I tell you I couldn't see a damn thing. My eyes got red and blurry as soon as I arrived and stayed that way until I got back on the plane. It was really wierd. I played on pure instinct and I'm actually amazed that I managed to win a match and go hill-hill with Ushiroda.

Now I'm home with the flu...I wonder if it was related in any way. I guess it's time for a trip to the optometrist. You all may be seeing me with those big Howard Vickery glasses next year!

Again, thanks to all who endured my fiasco. I know you were there and your support helped me get through it all.

You guys are the best.

Fran

stickman
05-19-2002, 12:02 PM
Get well soon. I hope to get somewhere to meet some of the CCB family some day. I wish I could have been there. I already wear glasses, but have been wondering if it isn't about time for a new prescription.

Barbara
05-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Fran,

For what it's worth, the pollen count was at a record level while we were all out there, too. I was having major problems with my allergies and sinuses and Vegas is the one place where I love to go to because I usually don't have these problems out there.

Gotta love the way the ecology is changing out there... NOT!

But I hope you're feeling better soon.

Barbara

JimS
05-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi Fran,

I posted about 2 weeks ago asking questions about those big glasses.

Someone posted back that the glasses that Howard sells are the Decot Shooting glasses and then several others posted that they had tried them and that they were high quality and very helpful.

I went to www.sportglasses.com (http://www.sportglasses.com) and ended up buying a pair. I like'um.

Hope you're on the mend.

Rip
05-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Fran, I'm busted! Guilty as charged...I must have been thinking outloud! LOL! I was sitting two feet from your chair for the LJJ match and because I've seen you play before, I could tell there was something going on and you were not 100% focused. I guess it was because your focusers would not focus! I was also sitting inches from your chair for the Ushiroda match. You deserve an award for that match! It was obvious you were coming down with the "bug" but yet you were extremely polite to the young Ushiroda and you managed a few world class smiles during that match. You made a heck of a charge to come back in that match and the hill game was intense! The allergy season is nearly over here but there is still enough pollen available to bother some. Couldn't you have managed just one huge sneeze when Ushiroda was down on the game ball? Seriously folks, Fran exudes professionalism and when she was in the playing area she was number one in by book. Feel better soon Fran, Rip~~"what the hell is she doing?"...I didn't say it and I promise I'll never say it again! sheeeshh, busted again!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Just wanted to say thanks to all the CCB'ers who sweated my matches. Sorry I couldn't do better, but when I got down on my first shot against Loree Jon and saw three one balls, I realized I was in BIG trouble. Someone told me Rip was in the background saying, "What the hell is she doing?" Haha! Believe me when I tell you I couldn't see a damn thing. My eyes got red and blurry as soon as I arrived and stayed that way until I got back on the plane. It was really wierd. I played on pure instinct and I'm actually amazed that I managed to win a match and go hill-hill with Ushiroda.

Now I'm home with the flu...I wonder if it was related in any way. I guess it's time for a trip to the optometrist. You all may be seeing me with those big Howard Vickery glasses next year!

Again, thanks to all who endured my fiasco. I know you were there and your support helped me get through it all.

You guys are the best.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

Barbara
05-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Actuall Rip, you mentioned that to me and then I spilled the beans to Fran when she told me how dehydrated she was and how it affected her focusing when I saw her poolside. LOL!

Barbara~~~you men just can't win around us... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif!

CarolNYC
05-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey Fran,
To attend your matches was unconditional-besides the eyes,wind and heel thing ,PLEASE-you were great-National Lampoons Vegas Vacation!ha ha ha-you go girl!
love,
Carol~feel better lady-Im sweating sun poisoning on lower legs now!BUT, still wearing my DOWN JACKET-ugh-105 degrees to 46!Unbelievable!ha ha ha ha-You know in Apocalypse Now "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" for me "I love the sound of helicopters in the morning" BACK TO REALITY!See you soon!:)

05-19-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll tell ya, Carol, it was a heck of a trip wasn't it? LOL! You can't believe how sick I am right now. I dragged myself to the supermarket so I could make a pot of chicken soup and I was walking around like a gorilla with my knuckles dragging along the ground. Maybe we can put some of that soup on your legs. Haha!

Yeah, the heel thing was unreal. There I was in the middle of a match and I got my shoe caught in this steel plate thing near the table. My heel goes flying off, some guy holds it up, "Is this yours?". Then I'm doing the Mexican hat dance trying to get the heel back on and Carol's falling off the chair.

...and then the wind thing. Where the heck did that wind come from? You're down on a shot and suddenly you get hit with a blast of wind like it's a day at the beach. Really hard to stare down a shot with a 20 mile an hour wind blowing in your face.

It's a jungle out there.

Fran

Nostroke
05-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Think I understand fran. From the Stands on Friday i couldnt even focus on the table. It seemed all blurry around the rails. I was blaming the TV lights but Saturday it was fine. Still dont know if it was me, the lights, allergies or something else. My nose itched all week though!

05-19-2002, 10:28 PM
I think Barbara was on to something about the pollen count being exceptionally high. I wasn't aware of that. At first I thought it was the lights in the arena too, but sometimes it was worse than others, so it couldn't have been the lights. Maybe some of us are just more sensitive than others. I spent a lot of time outdoors too, which I'm sure didn't help the situation.

Fran

05-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Haha! Not a problem Rip. I just thought I'd explain so you didn't think I was a moron out there. Thanks for your kind words.

Fran

Rip
05-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Fran, the mysterious 20 mile an hour wind that blew through the arena? Simple, I saw Buddy H at the Mexican buffet! Aaaarrrggghhhhh! LOL! Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I'll tell ya, Carol, it was a heck of a trip wasn't it? LOL! You can't believe how sick I am right now. I dragged myself to the supermarket so I could make a pot of chicken soup and I was walking around like a gorilla with my knuckles dragging along the ground. Maybe we can put some of that soup on your legs. Haha!

Yeah, the heel thing was unreal. There I was in the middle of a match and I got my shoe caught in this steel plate thing near the table. My heel goes flying off, some guy holds it up, "Is this yours?". Then I'm doing the Mexican hat dance trying to get the heel back on and Carol's falling off the chair.

...and then the wind thing. Where the heck did that wind come from? You're down on a shot and suddenly you get hit with a blast of wind like it's a day at the beach. Really hard to stare down a shot with a 20 mile an hour wind blowing in your face.

It's a jungle out there.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

05-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jim. I bookmarked the site just in case.

Fran

CarolNYC
05-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Fran,
That heel thing was too much, I thought it was part of the bridge-we could have duct taped it, but you know what happens when you use duct tape,ha ha ha-and the wind? What rip said was very funny, but I was freezing! Feel better and maybe soon we'll be able to pet some ponies!ha ha ha
love,
Carol

SPetty
05-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Hi Fran,

It was great meeting you. For those that haven't met her yet, Fran is simply gorgeous in person! You are a true professional at the table, and I hope I'm not "guilty by association" by sitting with Rip to watch one of your matches.

SPetty~~O.K., I'll admit it, I enjoyed sitting with Rip!

05-21-2002, 10:17 AM
HighWides. Made for shooters. Newman wears them in the Color of Money.

05-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Fran, you have more excuses than Carters has pills.

Chris Cass
05-24-2002, 11:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Humph!:</font><hr> Fran, you have more excuses than Carters has pills. <hr></blockquote>

Odviously Humph,

You haven't met me. I know them all and as a matter of fact, I wrote the book. Oh, and by the way since Vegas, I've written some new ones. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~they put magnets in the floor of the Riv and sucked the can out of my hand. no $hit....hahaha RIP was my witness...

05-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Tell you what, Chris. Do me a favor and you take my place here and get flamed for me will ya? (Don't worry. I would never ask any of my friends to have to endure such crap.) Nice of you to try to make light of it but I see what's going on here.

I figure I've got two options here. I can argue back like I did in an earlier thread, I can ignore the comments, or I can go away.

I've learned through experience that there are a thousand [censored]@ for every decent human being, and once an asshol@ latches on to you, they'll follow you around like a disease and do everything in their power to try to publically humiliate you and make life miserable for you. That's their only goal in life at that particular time.

I consider myself lucky that I've had a good run here lately without being attacked for awhile.

Well, guys, maybe some other place and time, but I'm afraid I'm going to have let the parasites carry their disease around without me.

Until whenever, maybe never, I have no idea.

All the best to my CCB friends.
Fran

Chris Cass
05-25-2002, 01:15 AM
Hi Fran,

I don't have to stick up for you. You do a well enough job on your own. You can't possible take these comments to heart. Your being envied(sp?) if you don't know it. Only someone jealous of you would make such a comment. Besides, your credentcials(sp?) speak for you on there own.

Pro's alway's have to put up with smart ass comments. Also, most anyone in the public eye. It comes with the territory. That's how it is. I would choose to egnore it, myself. If they had any real problem with you they would put their money where thier mouth was and play some, or atleast post their name. So, basically who cares?

You have tons of friends here and after meeting only a few myself. It's worth staying. Your a pretty smart woman Fran. Don't let the less fortunate control your life. By the way, I also had a hard time focusing in Vegas. My eye's didn't seem right either. If that's an excuse, than so be it. I've ran into a lot of my friends also that had problems with the elevation.

These tourneys in all different parts of the country and the times between each match have a lot to do with the outcome of your play. That's the part we all have to deal with. It's tough and those who don't compete don't have a clue what really plays on our ability to compete.

Please don't look into what some railbird says as something note worthy. JMHO

Best Regards,

C.C.

05-25-2002, 02:30 AM
Hey Chris, I'm totally fine. I really am. There really is no other way to get rid of the parasites once they start. I've seen it happen enough times. Ignoring doesn't work, because even if I ignore it, someone else won't, and then it just gets into this big old ugly mess.

I appreciate your concern, but it's really ok. It was just a matter of time...I knew that when I decided to post here again. I'll probably check the CCB every few weeks or so and post only if I feel I need to say something very important.

See you around.

Fran

05-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Bye Fran. Be sure to stop by and say hi once in a while. Maybe some day I'll get to play you. And I don't want a spot from anyone. Take care. I'll miss your posts.

jjinfla
05-25-2002, 06:36 AM
Fran, You can't please everyone, and if you try to then you end up pleasing no one.
As a point of reference. The other night I was at our local bar 8-ball tourny and in walks a guy I know who I would classify as semi-pro. He drops in whenever he wants to win the $75 1st prize. He plays a lot with the big boys at Fat Cats on the 1st of the month. He tells me about a handicap tournament on tuesday nights there that I should enter. I ask him what his handicap is and he tells me a 10. So I ask him what I would be and he says that I am about half as good as he is so I would probably be a 5. Here I have been seriously studying this game for the past 42 months, practicing just about every day for 2 to 4 hours. Watching videos. Watching the pros play. Reading what I can. And still I am only half as good as he is. And I can beat everyone in the bar on any given day. I just can't seem to beat them all on the same day. LOL. And I really feel good about my game. I know what I am doing and what I should do and feel I am ready to leap to the next level very soon. But still he says I am only half as good as he is. So I have to ask myself how much more is there for me to learn? And then he cannot compete against the pros. I suppose he is about half as good as the pros? It starts to get mind boggling how much there is to learn about this game. And how much room for improvement there is. My point being that there are so many players out there who are not even up to my level, and know very little about the game, and they are the ones who are the first to try and point out someones mistakes. In their minds they believe it elevates them in the eyes of their peers I guess. But it is human nature to make comments, and ridicule another, and I think you would be better off if you just ignore them and consider the source. Jake~~~ will have to try that tourny on tuesdays. Can't believe that I can get spotted 3 balls and lose. I can see Fran spotting me 4 or 5 balls and beating me but not these guys. Time will tell.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-25-2002, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr>You're being envied if you don't know it. Only someone jealous of you would make such a comment. Besides, your credentials speak for you on their own.
<hr></blockquote>

Greetings Chris,

As usual you're right on the money.

These anonymous flamers make me wanna throw up. Fran has always been a class act. Hopefully her hiatus will be short-lived.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-25-2002, 08:30 AM
Fran,
Of all the posters on CCB, your posts are the ones that I find I am reading first.
See ya when you get back.. keep in touch..

Sid_Vicious
05-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Fran...I hope you are all better, the flu had me in the pits for damn near a month in all, a pesky cough mostly, but the first week was terrible. Take care...sid