PDA

View Full Version : I PREDICT...

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 12:21 PM
..........I PERDICT...this forum's know it all, lots of knowledge, but no talent posters will run off another world class pool playing ledgend. I've read all Mark has posted here and at AZ. He obviously is trying to express himself in the best way he knows. It appears to come from his heart( a very large heart) and I for one would love for him to get over his dilemma about whether pool is worth it or not and make a 'comeback' so his game could be seen by perhaps millions. He is only 39 and not over the hill. Mark dropped out of the game before the Internet really took off. Perhaps this new toy is new to him...let's cut him some slack for our own benefit and learn something from some one who has BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

I witnessed Mark roll over another professional caliber player(Bucky Something?) in a race to seven for 1K that rates in my eyes as the most overpowering display of total mastery of the game I have ever seen. He was in full flight and a beautiful gracefull thing it was...after that set Buckys backer wanted to double the bet and Bucky said "lets save our money, nobody can beat this guy right now". Tadd hit some full power stun shots in that match that were mind boogling and he did it with a casual nonchalance that bordered on boredom.

This guy has played the game at a level that 99.9% of us can only dream about. I think the nits on this forum and the other one should just sit back and listen to whatever he has to say in whatever form he wants to say it...enjoy it while you can before the sanctimonious amoung us run him off.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-13-2004, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
..(Bucky Something?)...
<hr /></blockquote>

Bucky Bell?

I saw him at Mike Massey's exhibition here a couple of weeks ago.

and ditto on 99% of what you said.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Good post Cheesy.. (as always)

Your prediction may be valid.

Mark Tadd was (and may still be) a great player and his reputation has been known in the pool arena since the eary to mid 90s.

Maybe he'll reconsider and contribute here as well as AZBilliard's forum.

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Wally......Yahhhhh! thats it....Bucky Bell...thanks Wally...I've been going nuts trying to remember that last name....geeez'usssss my mind is turning to mush... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
He hangs around Michael's Billiards in Fairfield sometimes, just down the road from where I live.

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Tom,

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he'll reconsider and contribute here as well as AZBilliard's forum.
<hr /></blockquote>

I sure hope so Tom...he seems like a thoughtful, reasonable guy. I know he is taking leap at some barbox tourney this weekend...I hope he catches the old passion for pool action and then comes back to the boards and decides to stick around inspite of the nit factor....good day to you.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> He hangs around Michael's Billiards in Fairfield sometimes, just down the road from where I live. <hr /></blockquote>

Buckys gotta be getting there age wise, he must be close to 60 by now...I've seen the guy play some, he isn't afraid...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
11-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Unfortunalty I have to agree with you on this one. I have pretty much stayed off of the threads so far as I didnt like the tone or direction they were going.

I think it is great when someone that plays or has played at the level he did comes onto the forums and will talk with us on many different subjects. I just hate to see it when they get jumped in a way that leaves a negative impression about the board.

Im not saying everyone has to agree with anything anybody says, anyone who reads my posts knows that. But we should be able to disagree in a manner that keeps the overall tone of the thread from getting to such a heated exchange.

I for one hope he stays around. He has had some great experiences, obviously knows a thing or two about the game, and has a passion for pool. What more could you ask for.

Rip
11-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Mark, I wouldn't blame you for making a quick exit from this board but I sincerely hope you'll stay. Cheese is dead on with his post. It seems that some long time CCB'rs feel they own this board and any new poster must meet their approval and accept their wrath. That's pathetic, imo. In this case, a super player is being ridiculed for his typing skills and has to prove that he IS who he IS! Get a clue! Mark's forgotten more about the game than the self appointed CCB Police will ever know.

Is it a concidence that the most outrageous and rude posts are made by those with the least amount of talent for this game? (I'm a perfect example since I can't run two balls in a row!, LOL)
If this post offends anyone...especially the resident loudmouth, excellent typing CCB Nits...that would be a good thing. Maybe if Mark had a CCB keychain he'd be allowed into the club?
I need a drink,
Rip~

Wally_in_Cincy
11-13-2004, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Buckys gotta be getting there age wise, he must be close to 60 by now...I've seen the guy play some, he isn't afraid...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

mid-50's I would say.

Massey recognized him right away and said "Don't nobody play that guy" then "Ooops I just killed your action. Sorry" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Woody,
[ QUOTE ]
I have pretty much stayed off of the threads so far as I didnt like the tone or direction they were going.<hr /></blockquote>

I was doing the same thing thinking the 'clueless' would bust his chops by nitpicking him until he just said "what the hell is this $hit" but the guy has a pretty thick skin...I like the way he handles himself. I only posted this because I hoped that while Tadd is gone for the weekend those of us who understand the value of his experiences could convince those that just want to crow to back off and let the guy spill the beans. It sounds like he truley is asking for our help and encouragement...what have we got to lose???

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Rip,

Vegas right???.....Vegas was part of Marks stomping grounds back in the good old days. Did you see him play much?

...have a drink on me....I just thru down a shot of brandy...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
11-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Is there a problem? LOL Hey you know Mark played when I was away from the game so I've never seen him play. He sounds like me, I also quit at the prime of my game. I think he'll stick around.

Yes there was some uncalled for comments but if your a thick skined pool player, you get past them. If your not well your not. It's unfortunate that stuff happens but that's the internet for you. I'm thinking Mark is learning those ways and won't comment to an obvious idiot. Could be wrong but thats what were here for as well. We'll just tie em up, then bring out the tar and feathers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

While I'm thinking of it, there's been some really dumb comments. Plenty of them really. I'll just comment on a couple. Such as someone saying someone can beat him. Or he can't beat someone. I know that one was in fun supposedly but he didn't know that. Not only that but he played the guy many times. So what's the point? What kind of tip, shaft, cue, hair dye, toe nail polish, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif etc do you use. Who gives a rats ass?

He may not mind but one thing for dam sure I ain't giving up my secret underware info. HA HA HA The point is this stuff, well not all, comes up in time during posts and it does not have to be directed to him. It's not all bad but it starts sounding like a bunch of kids in a candy store. If your the clerk you might want to wring there little necks!

How many pred posts, tips used, shaft slicker, questions about the game and a host of hundreds. I'm just suggesting ask as a group, if he or anyone want's to respond they will. Of course it's natural to ask if he will be at DCC and things of that nature. After all that's how we all got to know one another, per-say.

One last thing, Mark ain't no Saint or God like creature. I don't know any so take my word. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He has been out of line but I suspect it's a learning prosess for him as well. I think I already said that. Ok I'm done.

Rod

Rip
11-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes to both of your questions Cheese. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Rip

cheesemouse
11-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Rod,

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm done.<hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHA.....come on now Rod...you're not done, your hooked and you like too stick it to a nit booze every once in awhile. Your just more diplomatic than most of us...hehehe

I can tell you one thing about Mark Tadd. He flew under the radar screen for a long time. He knew where the money was and it wasn't in tournament play, that is probably why he is not so well known except to the truley addicted... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
11-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Ya well cheese I flew under it too. The radar was just older! There has never been any money in pro pool. Hell I knew that long ago.

Rod

Qtec
11-14-2004, 12:43 AM
I had never heard of MT before he posted on this forum. No surprise really because I,m a European!
Seems to me that, on limited info, Mark is more of a gambler than a pool player. he has no respect for money.
Thats his edge.
A normal person ,faced with a tricky shot or an easy run-out, might choke if he thinks how much the next ball is worth. IMO, Mark doesnt give a s%$t. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There is a difference between gambling and tournament play. When you gamble, providing you have enough cash, there is always the next rack. In tournaments, you dont always have this luxury.

IMO, anyone who can win a tournament playing with a graphite cue certainly can play, /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and deserves some respect whether or not he can spell or he is gramatically correct in his posts!

I look forward to more of his insights into the game. Carry on posting Mark.
Please.

Qtec [ you cant beat info from 'the horses mouth'so to speak ]

Deeman2
11-14-2004, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I had never heard of MT before he posted on this forum. No surprise really because I,m a European!
Seems to me that, on limited info, Mark is more of a gambler than a pool player. he has no respect for money.
Thats his edge.

<font color="blue">Gee, I hate to agree with you Q, but I guess it's safe on this side of the forum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think most really good money players have a pretty lukewarm rush about the money, they just get pumped over the action. </font color>
A normal person ,faced with a tricky shot or an easy run-out, might choke if he thinks how much the next ball is worth. IMO, Mark doesnt give a s%$t. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="blue">Or is so intently focused on the shot at hand, the cash is only a secondary concern. </font color>

There is a difference between gambling and tournament play. When you gamble, providing you have enough cash, there is always the next rack. In tournaments, you dont always have this luxury.

<font color="blue"> This does make it more easy on the money player, if he has the cash and the heart. </font color>

IMO, anyone who can win a tournament playing with a graphite cue certainly can play, /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="blue"> The ever so painful truth that is apparently a secret and keeps us buying $500 to $3,000 sticks is that a very good player can beat a pretty good player with a Walmart cue with a screw on tip!

</font color>
and deserves some respect whether or not he can spell or he is gramatically correct in his posts!

<font color="blue"> True, I think his communications skills could be helped by participation on the forum but really don't care how he spells. </font color>

I look forward to more of his insights into the game. Carry on posting Mark.
Please.

<font color="blue"> Me too. I stayed out of this discussion on him when the flames started, unusual for me, but I have my reasons. I wish Mark every success and hope he can play a little more. I know he has the rep of being able to pick a cue up with no practice after years and run racks like me eating bacon. How can people do that? Sorta humbles you, you know? </font color>

Qtec [ you cant beat info from 'the horses mouth'so to speak ] <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Respectfully, Some on here don't know how difficult making it in life in this game can be. Also, out of respect. Rod and Tom do know. Rod from playing the game at a very high level and seeing the lack of rewards and Tom from both playing and being a front seat observer for many years. Neither is a nit in any term (not blaming you for that, just one of the other posts). They, like me, have seen the behaviour of players in public settings and even worse, the copied behaviour of kids playing the game. Ever listen to the kids at the junior championships wolfing and cursing? It ain't want the game needs. I'm not a preacher but if you get your insight from only pool forums and an occasional TV match, you don't know the half of how far we have to go to be a professional sport. Some are just saying, after years of heartbreak, a living wage at this game ain't ever gonna be that easy to obtain.

Q, I'm not ranting on you. Your post was excellent. I just cringe when I hear others say we have a little club here that keeps people out. For the most part, it has been kept clear of some of the major problems other forums enjoy because we have people to call us on things. F/L and a few others have not made it here. If they would participate in civil discourse, they would have contributed much. I am hopeful Mark gets the chance and will. Some of us knew it was Mark after the 2nd post. However,if my wife came on here under a strange name and claimed to be Efren and started saying some pretty opiniated things, it would not be fair to Efren if we didn't validate his identity. My only way of verifying Marks' identity might have been embarrassing to him or someone else, so some of us waited. But, we should not come down on the ones that questioned him until his identity was verified. I did so by PM to a couple on here right after he first posted but they, like me didn't want to stir even worse fires.

Good post my pacifist friend...May Holland stay 4 inches above sea level at least until my next trip.... </font color>

Deeman
wants a picture of Mark Tadd with W.C Field's cue...

Popcorn
11-14-2004, 09:42 AM
"this forum's know it all, lots of knowledge, but no talent posters will run off another world class pool playing ledgend."

Legend? Players like Buddy Hall, Mike Sigal, Steve Mizerak are legends. There has always been players that played great for a short time and disappeared for what ever reason, going back to, I think his name was, Keith Thompson who won Johnston City one year. Lots of players over the years had a brief period where they were unbeatable such as Billy Incardona, Richie Florence, Jimmy Marino and who knows how many others. I saw Buddy Hall win the biggest tournament held in pool up to the time in 1973 in Ohio and he was the pre tournament favorite and lived up to the hype. That was over 30 years ago and in all that time he has been a favorite to win any tournament he shows up at, that is a legend. Terms like "World Class" and "legend" are thrown around a little loosely.

In the past people have been accused of running off players that posted but I don't think that is true. Most never offered anything, Grady has never answered a question, neither has Charlie. If they do post it's always self serving or about themselves. I would love to see a pro come on here and just post to what ever subject is being talked about but they never do and if they do and someone tries to engage them in a discussion, you get accused of trying to run them off. My post to Mr. Tadd about his spelling was completely out of line and I was sorry I did it. When I tried to delete it, it was too late. Rather then post an apology and bring it back to the top I just let it go.
I think Mr. Tadd was a fine player and would be interested in what he has to add. We have yet to find out even what he likes in a cue, even when directly asked in one post we didn't get an answer. People say, why don't pros post here? The answer is, it's boring and why should they talk with us. Pool is old hat to them, talking about, How would you play this or that shot or, should I use a nickel or dime radius on my tip, has no interest to them. No one is chasing them away. They would not even enjoy reading most of this stuff on here in the first place.