PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Glass City Open Updates??

mike6262
11-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Anyone know where we can find GCO updates. I hear Duele and Basavich are playing well. Anyone know for sure?

landshark77
11-14-2004, 03:21 PM
There are all kinds of updates on the AZ forum as well as the front page.

RailbirdJAM
11-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, I'm sure most of you know that Texan Charlie "Hillbilly" Bryant won the 2004 Glass City Open! The semi-final and final matches were recorded by Accu-Stats and BCn and will be available soon. I can't wait to see the Accu-Stat scores on these matches. All four players -- Troy Frank who came in fourth, Corey Deuel who came in third, Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich who placed, and Charlie Bryant -- put in a first-class exhibition of professional pool.

I didn't want to leave until the finals, even though I had a 7-1/2-hour drive back home to D.C., and I'm glad I stayed!

Every single pro player was treated like a king, and the promoters laid out the red carpet. When Mark Jarvis, who had a speaking role in "The Color of Money" as "Guy at Jennel's," got knocked out of the tournament, the promoters gave him the opportunity to be one of the pros at the charity table. It was a win-win for all those who participated in the Beat the Champ challenge table that raised money for Children's Miracle Network. Keith McCready, Gabe Owens, Corey Deuel, and Buddy Hall were some of the other pros who played. For 5 bucks, anybody could challenge the "Champ," and if they beat him, they got an autographed T-shirt. It was a lot of fun. I got an autographed T-shirt from Hall of Famer Buddy Hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's a few pictures I took at the GCO:
RailbirdJAM's pictures taken at 2004 Glass City Open in Toledo, OH (http://hometown.aol.com/jamalloy/2004glasscityopen.html)

RailbirdJAM

cueball1950
11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Nice pictures Jen.... Give Keith my best and hopefuly i will see you both soon................mike