PDA

View Full Version : Prophesy fulfilled

wolfdancer
11-14-2004, 11:52 PM
The People have spoken!!!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
--H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
But you can't believe everything these "seers" predict ....years ago, the great Pool Prophet, Nostrokedamus predicted that I would become a great player

The "docudrama" tonite on "The Reagans" was scary, if true....we had a President that couldn't really remember if he traded arms for hostages,with the Iranians???
And they wanted to impeach Bill for lying about smoking cigars with an intern?

Wally_in_Cincy
11-15-2004, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The "docudrama" tonite on "The Reagans" was scary, if true....we had a President that couldn't really remember if he traded arms for hostages,with the Iranians???
<hr /></blockquote>

you may want to remove the "docu" portion of your description and replace it with "fantasy"

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The People have spoken!!! <font color="blue">Kinda hurt's don't it? </font color>

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
--H.L. Mencken (1880-1956) <font color="blue"> So what you are saying is that we narrowly escaped Mencken's prediction by a few million votes this time. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
But you can't believe everything these "seers" predict ....years ago, the great Pool Prophet, Nostrokedamus predicted that I would become a great player

<font color="blue"> So, you are now saying the prophets are 0-2?</font color>

The "docudrama" tonite on "The Reagans" was scary, if true....we had a President that couldn't really remember if he traded arms for hostages,with the Iranians??? <font color="blue"> It's gotta be a bitch when your party can't even compete against guys with dementia. </font color>
And they wanted to impeach Bill for lying about smoking cigars with an intern? <font color="blue"> Oh. That's what they were doing under the desk, talk about a "Docudrama" rewrite...I didn't happen to catch Moore's "movie" of outrage on that one.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman
don't know much about history...

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 10:18 AM
jeez Wally, if it's on TV, it must be true...doncha think?
I couldn't really get into the program...it looked like a bad skit on SNL....but I do think he had dementia in his finalyears in office

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Uh, Texas.....right???
Sorry, I don't discuss politics, religion, animal rights, human rights, or the Bill of Rights with Texans.

Gayle in MD
11-16-2004, 06:31 AM
IIRC, the most pervasive Reagen answer during the "Arms,,,
investigations was "I don't remember"

Atleast he wasn't a liar like the bunch we have now.
Question:
What is the definition of a country divided?
Answer:
George Bush as president

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-16-2004, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> IIRC, the most pervasive Reagen answer during the "Arms,,,
investigations was "I don't remember"

<hr /></blockquote>

just like the clinton crowd

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Question:
What is the definition of a country divided?
Answer:
George Bush as president

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Good grief. This country has been divided back to LBJ, FDR, Lincoln-Douglas, Blue-Grey, Andy Jackson-Henry Clay, Jefferson-Adams. This is nothing new.

Sid_Vicious
11-16-2004, 07:10 AM
"The "docudrama" tonite on "The Reagans" was scary, if true....we had a President that couldn't really remember if he traded arms for hostages,with the Iranians???
And they wanted to impeach Bill for lying about smoking cigars with an intern?"

And we supposedly live in an intellegent society. I don't even wonder anymore why there is such a divided country. There are those with common sense and those with obviously note. Bill's squirming on that issue didn't kill thousands, but we still shut down the government for it. You know, the sick part is that it seems set in plaster and THAT is making a pathetic and dangerous world, especially for the children growing into there adult roles. Oh how this whole situation would be different if it weren't for rushing into Iraq, STUPID! SID

eg8r
11-16-2004, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And we supposedly live in an intellegent society....Bill's squirming on that issue didn't kill thousands, .... <hr /></blockquote> There is little to do with intelligence when someone makes that statement.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2004, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good grief. This country has been divided back to LBJ, FDR, Lincoln-Douglas, Blue-Grey, Andy Jackson-Henry Clay, Jefferson-Adams. This is nothing new. <hr /></blockquote> She is only looking at the "here and now".

I wonder, what if we were not divided, who would be devils advocate? Who would defend the other side of the issue? What would keep politicians from making wrong decisions just because they have the popular vote?

eg8r

Qtec
11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The "docudrama" tonite on "The Reagans" was scary, if true....we had a President that couldn't really remember if he traded arms for hostages,with the Iranians???
And they wanted to impeach Bill for lying about smoking cigars with an intern?"
<hr /></blockquote>

Sid, when Reagan got shot, he lost a lot of blood. For someone of his age, a severe blood loss can cause damage to the brain, affecting things like memory.
IMO, others took advantage of RR,s condition to impliment their own agenda, [ if the Pres cant remember what he said 2 weeks ago??????]you can manipulate the situation, rather like what has happened with Iraq.
In this case the ingredientes were fear, revenge and a Pres that never questioned what was put before him. He was surrounded by a group of Neo-cons who fed him info that he wanted to hear and he wasnt smart enough to realise it.

Q.