PDA

View Full Version : Powell Resigns, "You break it, You Own It"

Gayle in MD
11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Wonder if he said this to Littlb Bushy when he handed in his resignation. This is just great, he was the only voice of reason in the whole d**m bunch, although Little Bushy's motto seems to be "My way or the highway" so he never listened to Powell anyway, but atleast Powell didn't let them get away with the way they duped him. If he ran for president, he would have my vote in a heartbeat. The only honest man in the bunch.

No surprise he can't wait to grow some distance between himself and the Bushyites, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Gayle, I thought months ago, that if Bush won, and this war, almost guarenteed a victory....that Powell would resign. I didn't know the cabinet would resign "en masse"
Resigning indicates to me, his disapproval with the current policies, and his desire to distance himself from those decision-makers. Everybody resigns to "return to the private sector"

Wally_in_Cincy
11-15-2004, 10:43 AM
It is quite common for the majority of the cabinet to resign at the end of the first term.

hondo
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, somtimes, Wally, but did I detect a little
quiver in your voice when you posted this?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> It is quite common for the majority of the cabinet to resign at the end of the first term. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
11-15-2004, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Yeah, somtimes, Wally, but did I detect a little
quiver in your voice when you posted this?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> It is quite common for the majority of the cabinet to resign at the end of the first term. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not surprised Powell resigned. Are you? Everybody knows he was a voice of dissent going into the war. Plus he can make a hell of a lot more money in the private sector.

Rod Paige is 70 years old. Ashcroft has pancreatitis. Don Evans did his duty to his old pal Dubya now he wants out. Tom Ridge has had enough of the pressure.

Who did I miss?

wolfdancer
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
or indicted.....

SnakebyteXX
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is quite common for the majority of the cabinet to resign at the end of the first term. <hr /></blockquote>

To the best of my knowledge, this is a tradition of both Democrats and Republicans.

If a sitting President is re-elected ALL his first term Cabinet members are expected to proffer their resignations as a matter of decorum. The President has the discretion to accept the resignation or request that the resignee continue serving as a member of the new Cabinet.

Ross
11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree that cabinent turnovers are common in 2nd terms so I wouldn't read anything into it.

But I'm sorry that Bush is going to put Condi in there. I think she is a real downgrade from Powell in the international diplomacy arena. Of course this admin thinks international diplomacy is irrelevant, so I guess it fits.

Maybe Powell wants to run in '08. If he did, he would be a very strong candidate, although he would not appeal to the right wing of the Republican party. And they provide a lot of funding and get-out-the-vote energy and might be able to keep him off the ticket. He might have to run as a Dem.

Gayle in MD
11-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi Ross,
You are so right. I don't think Bush wants anyone to stay if they might at anytime have a different opinion, and have the nerve to voice it to boot.

Richard Clark's book tells the true story of her ineptitude as regards the middle east, and also documents her willingness to distort the facts, (As in Lie) in order protect Little Bushy.

Although I agree that many leave after one term, Powell was not asked to stay on. Interesting that the Bush administration refused to listen to the one man there who had ever been in a war.

I certainly hope that Powell tells the true story, although I am sure if he did, he would wait till we finally get rid of Little Bushy. Rice put him in a trick bag when he went to speak at the U.N., and I hope he exposes her for the liar that she is.

Had they been at the watch, I don't think they would have made such an effort to stop the 9/11 investigation. Clarks account of events leading up to 9/11 are enough to make the hair stand up on your arms. Bush already had an agenda to get Saddam, and there was a great deal of distortion engaged in by the Bushyites, particularly Rice and Cheney, to help him use 9/11 to achieve his quest.

Unfortunately, Clark and Powell, the two most knowlegable present on middle east affairs were muzzeled, and the King and his court marched forward in spite of them.

By the time 08 rolls around, I'm sure we will need a man like powell more than ever.

Rice, the worst possible choice IMHO

Gayle in Md.