PDA

View Full Version : women pool players..

dvsmnstr
11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
hey people, this week in our friday night pool tourny a women showed up.. maybe 27 years old... All the guys were like I hope I get to play her!! she ended up having to play the guy who usally comes in first every week.. she kicked his ass and made a huge statement.. there was supposed to be 3 other games going on at the same time but nobody could stop watching this new girl beat up on our house pro.. she ended up coming in 3rd place but she was awsome and the feel it brought to the game that night was great! so to all you female players keep it up! it's great when you shut-up a cocky guy!

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> hey people, this week in our friday night pool tourny a women showed up.. maybe 27 years old... All the guys were like I hope I get to play her!! she ended up having to play the guy who usally comes in first every week.. she kicked his ass and made a huge statement.. there was supposed to be 3 other games going on at the same time but nobody could stop watching this new girl beat up on our house pro.. she ended up coming in 3rd place but she was awsome and the feel it brought to the game that night was great! so to all you female players keep it up! it's great when you shut-up a cocky guy! <hr /></blockquote>

Go Baby! I love it when a guy says, "I just can't play a girl." Then she kicks his butt and he says, "I'm a better player than she is!"

Buck up, Be a Man (Earl Strickland 1999). If you think you can't get beat by a woman, you are indeed, a Girlie man!!!

Glad to hear the story....

Deeman

bomber
11-15-2004, 05:09 PM
good story...i too love to hear about a succesful woman player. as a whole, it seems that they are behind in talent, but it is, in my opinion, mostly due to the fact that there are so many more male players. I believe that a woman can play just as strong as many or most males given that their environments are similar. Environment plays a big part in being a great player. I think that the farther we go in time, the more great women players we will see. I do feel, however, that the females will not top the males at the highest levels. I just dont see it happening. It isnt a sexist remark just my opinion...i could be totally wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr>I do feel, however, that the females will not top the males at the highest levels. I just dont see it happening. It isnt a sexist remark just my opinion...i could be totally wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Don't be confused. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's not a sexist remark and I agree with you 100%.

Rich R.
11-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Did you happen to get the name of this lady? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

She may be a known player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

gungadin
11-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I don't know if I agree. I think that's selling women short. Given that pool is one of the few sports in which physical size and strength are not necessarily advantages (except on the break, but Corey D. proved it's not necessary), I think that all things being equal, you could see a woman be one of the top players in the world, male or female. To me, it comes down to a question of talent plus hard work. If any player has the aptitude and talent, then the difference will typically come from who works the hardest and smartest at it.

9 Ball Girl
11-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I agree. I do believe that there are female individuals that are better than male individuals and vice versa. But, IMO, when you look at it as a whole, I believe the men are better.