PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Break Tips

RedHell
11-15-2004, 01:43 PM
I was just curious to see if anyone had a chance to test the performance of the Talisman break tip we got from Tony at the US Open.

I currently use a Talisman XHard on my break cue and wondered if it was worth replacing !

Thanks !

Wally_in_Cincy
11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
I put one on my break cue and I like it a lot. I seem to get more power with no loss of control. I can't really compare it to the X-tra hard because I have never used one.

RedHell
11-15-2004, 02:06 PM
What was on your break cue before ?

Just so I know what you compare it with !

Wally_in_Cincy
11-15-2004, 02:09 PM
I think it was a LePro. It played like a LePro.

It's a J & J cue and it's the tip that came with it.

RedHell
11-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Hmmm, J&J have a phenolic on the break jump. I'm surprised !

In any case, to a le pro I'm sure it performs a lot better.

I'm glad you like it !

Sid_Vicious
11-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Red...I had Tony send me one and I put it on a black BJ made my Mcdermott. It did ok but shortly after that day I had Spiderman transfer a bakelite tip from my Stealth, onto my regular breaker, and it was love at first break. I'd personally suggest the synthetic instead of an innovative rendition of a line of layered tips. You must remember though that I don't cut break in the least, so a straight forward controlled bust on a 9ball rack is sweet with the synthetic. That's what I'd do. M2c sid

Wally_in_Cincy
11-16-2004, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Hmmm, J&amp;J have a phenolic on the break jump. I'm surprised !

<hr /></blockquote>

It's not a break/jump, just a plain sneaky pete.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr>In any case, to a le pro I'm sure it performs a lot better.
<hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif