PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Going To Be The WPBA's POY?

Barbara
11-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Karen Corr has been denied too many times after winning the WPBA Nationals, which is the litmus test for the WPBA Player Of The Year.

Hopefully the WPBA will recognize her this year and give her the POY she deserves!!

Barbara

landshark77
11-15-2004, 05:50 PM
When are they giving out the awards? I figured they already had the banquet.

Barbara
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey landshark77!!

I'm just trying to figure who BD and PB are going to have as POY since they've diss'd off Karen for so long. How long can they keep this going?

BTW, it was great to meet you and I'm glad you had a good time playing at Hagerstown. You should make it up to a State Championship event and play with these Pros. It's fun to make them sweat a game or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Stretch
11-15-2004, 07:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hey landshark77!!

I'm just trying to figure who BD and PB are going to have as POY since they've diss'd off Karen for so long. How long can they keep this going?

BTW, it was great to meet you and I'm glad you had a good time playing at Hagerstown. You should make it up to a State Championship event and play with these Pros. It's fun to make them sweat a game or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Woman don't sweat, they glow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif St.

landshark77
11-15-2004, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hey landshark77!!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Oh Ok...it's the blonde working over time, yet again...I thought you meant within the WPBA organization itself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I would love to make it up your way sometime, but I have some personal stuff that needs to be taken care of first. So maybe I'll have a chance before that tour card expires. (It's actually a good excuse...spend a few hundred for travel expenses just so I don't feel like I wasted $30. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

I doubt very seriously that I can make any pro "glow", although I have been practicing up for one in particular, LOL! (You know who you are!!!) But, I can talk some pretty big smack! Do you think that might have the big dogs shakin' in their shoes? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris in NC
11-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Barbara, I admit I'm a little biased towards Allison. However, I don't think there's any question that Allison's earning the title of POY over Karen in recent years (all but one year) was well deserved when you look at the stats - tournament wins in WPBA tour tournaments, tournament wins in other major tournaments, WPBA rankings, World rankings and of course head-to-head match results.

This year IMO it is still too close to call until all the tourneys have been completed. I believe they both have about the same number of WPBA tournament wins to this point, not including Allison's win in the Tournament of Champions - by far the biggest $$ tournament of the year in which Allison defeated Karen in the semi-finals.

They've both been a little inconsistent as far as not always finishing 1-2 in every tournament as they have done in recent past years. I think if you look at their WPBA points rankings for this years events alone (and not the past 10 events going back over 18 months), I'm sure they'd be neck and neck.

As the Player of the Year Title for BD, P&amp;B and IP magazines considers not only WPBA events but all other major women's events, I'd have to say that this title is still up for graps between the two - pending the outcome of the upcoming World 9-Ball Championships in Austria and the final WPBA tourney of the year in Miami. As for WPBA's own award for their POY, I believe the Miami event should help settle that. - Chris in NC

Rod
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't know who's gonna win. However I liked that pic of Karen in a kilt with bag pipes. It looked like she had a real genuine smile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Something the avg TV viewing audience doesn't see that much.

Rod