PDA

View Full Version : WHAT 2 DO HERE

05-19-2002, 08:39 PM
THE OTHER DAY THIS GUY WAS PLAYING SOME KID $40 A RACK. THE KID LOST $480 AND THEN TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T HAVE THE CASH .NOW WHAT SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS?

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2002, 08:47 PM
The guy that was playing the kid $40 a rack needs to learn how to POST up money prior to a bet.

The kid will probably end up being a banker or politician.

05-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Please define Kid for me??

Thank you..
This has happened to me on occassion. The thing about posting money is a great idea..

A guy stiffed me for about the same amount once, kept telling me he would pay me, and then skipped town..
Well he is back from his "road" experience and is even more broke than ever..

So, I have refused to play him.. Am playing in a league come the start of the winter season, and have told my teammates, that when I have to play him.. I will not, no matter what it cost the team. I believe he should be outlawed from all pool play til he pays up.. (this guy owes more than just me)..

It seems to be catching on in our league, and I have heard others, since I mentioned it, also state, that they will not play him til he pays..

It may cost us all "points", but it makes the even stronger point, that one must pay, or they are not going to be accepted by the pool playing population..

Hopefully this makes him clue in, but if it does not, he is going to get frustrated when none of the quality players around will give him a game..

We shall see..

If he pays me, I will play him, until then.. NOt a chance..

Not paying, it has to be stopped..

cArson

stickman
05-19-2002, 09:10 PM
I find it hard to believe that anyone would let this large a debt build up without seeing the kids money. If the money wasn't posted before the bet, I would have at least asked to square up after the kid's first loss. If he didn't have it, there would be no further bets.

Vapros
05-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Assuming there is nothing more to tell about this story, you should make every effort to have the kid barred from as many pool rooms as possible in your area until he makes good on this debt. If he really wants to play pool, this is the action most likely to be effective.

As far as the guy who got stiffed, it's hard to find any great amount of sympathy for him. I would say he lost not more than $80 gambling. The rest was a gift. Even Forrest Gump wouldn't let the meter run that long without some kind of accounting. I can't help feeling there's something more to know about this match.

Harold Acosta
05-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Take whatever the Kid has of value as a security deposit. His cue, case, watch, gold chain, ring, whatever...

rackmup
05-19-2002, 10:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Take whatever the Kid has of value as a security deposit. His cue, case, watch, gold chain, ring, whatever... <hr></blockquote>

He probably plays with a house cue, wears a Timex watch and drives his mother's Ford Pinto Station Wagon...

Chalk it up to experience.

And bad mouth him at every pool hall in your state.

Regards,

Ken

cheesemouse
05-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Just as a precaution the guy should find out all he can about the 'airbarreler' and make sure he isn't a desperate person. These guys normally don't have alot of walking around smarts. I would queer his action in your home room and mark it up to experience. The guy let him play on air and is partially to blame. Tell your buddy to put the stacks on the light; you never get the air barrel with the stacks on the light.

05-20-2002, 10:10 AM
THANKS I'LL TELL HIM WHAT WAS SAID BY YOU ALL.

06-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Must post-if playing by the rack pay and collect after each rack. 1st time that you are not paid after a game take the money that was posted for 1st game. Problem solved. Fred

OntheSnap
06-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Posting doesnt ALWAYS work though. I have personally seen money taken off the light and not handed over on 2 occasions.

There is another infamous case of 2 regional tour winners playing each other and the one who lost not only took his own post down but took the other players post and kept it as well. I did not witness that but its pretty common knowledge around the NE.

06-01-2002, 10:13 AM
well i would probably beat his ass

Chris Cass
06-01-2002, 10:12 PM
Hi Deadstroke,

First, I won't give you the post the money up speech seeing how it's after the fact. The way I see it is there's 2 ways to go about this. If the money means more to the winner, than don't harm the kid.

If the kid has a job and an income. This can be a guaranteed paycheck. The winner can tell the kid to pay him weekly payments and still come in the ph. Then, tell the kid he'll play him somemore to give him a chance to get even, after a showing of good faith and a few payments roll in.

Each week he'll play and the debt can go on for a couple of yrs. Then, for the $480. will end up with a yearly income. I would let the kid widdle it down to about $80. though. It would be a good idea to let the kid pay $30. a week. As long as he's a regular. Heck, if he cashes in any money with other players, he could always ask for a some then and there too. Just a little percentage.

The other way is to write it off to a bad deal. Beating him up would only cause future problems and still you won't see the doe. If he's a punk than, he may not have much of choice. It's not that he call mom a name or something. Reputation is everything though. He should have the reputation as being agreeable and willing to work something out, but not a sucker either.

He could alway's knock his action, but that's not cool. It's cool to set up some action and the kid win it back and give the kid a percentage.

Me? I'm willing to work it out. It's posted and no problems. If it's not posted and with a regular. I'll go by the whenever, I don't sweat it but disrespect me, and I don't see anything but red.

Oh, if the kid is a teen without an income, let it go. He probably let it get out of control, was afraid to say he didn't have the money, and sweated each game trying to get even. This could alway's make your friend look good, to give the kid a break too. Reputation. He could look at this as, he was once a kid too.

Regards and glad to see ya back Deadstroke,

C.C.~~doesn't hustle, but know's how to.

cueball1950
06-01-2002, 10:26 PM
here in Albany NY. Depending on who he stiffed... Maybe a black eye or something. But regardless he would be just about bared from every room around here after word got out....mike