PDA

View Full Version : Glass City Open report

pass
11-17-2004, 10:23 AM
We were down at the Glass City Open all day Saturday, this was the first major tournament I have been to. First let me say that it was a great event and we had a great time. The play the pro for 5 dollars table was a lot of fun, especially with it right by the bar so everybody could have something to watch.

I think the most interesting thing that happened was the Archer-McAninch match. Iím surprised nobody has really said too much about it. We were pretty disgusted with McAninchís behavior, well, alright, it was pretty good entertainment, but stillÖ. I saw the whole thing although I couldnít hear much, until he started yelling anyway. Hereís what happened, it was midway through the match and McAninch missed what looked like an easy half-table shot in the side pocket and just blew upÖF-THIS F-THAT, YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED at the top of his lungs for about 5 minutes straight, not just once or twice. Apparently Archer was trying to shark him one way or another, I wasnít close enough to really know if he was doing anything or not. Anyway, the entire room was quiet except for McAninch swearing loudly about F-ING WORLD CHAMPION MY A** or something. Keep in mind that there were kids present. They took a break and he was still going off, everybody was trying to get him to quiet down including the tournament director Scott Smith and Tom G.

I donít know what Archer was supposedly doing, but even if he was trying to shark him, thatís not a good reason for McAninch to behave like a complete lunatic. He didnít show much class at all. But like I said, it was entertaining if nothing else. After that the match was really interesting, during the last game the entire room was whisper quiet, no kidding, the loudest noise in the room was the ventilation duct, and when Steve made the final shot the room just EXPLODED. It was by far the most entertaining match of the day.

Immediately after the match Johnny walked over to Steve and shook his hand with a smile.

Our only minor complaint about the tournament was the seating, not the view, but the actual seats. We couldnít watch the last round of matches because we were too sore from sitting on those wooden bleachers all day. It was torturous. Anybody with a bad back will know what I am talking about. the only reason I mention this is so hopefully they might think about improving the situation in the future.

Like I said though, all in all it was a great event and we had a great time. The mood and atmosphere was really fun and everyone was having a good time.

bomber
11-17-2004, 10:29 AM
i had a short conversation with Buddy Hall last night at side pockets in paducah kentucky...he was passing through on his way to visit family in metropolis, illinois i pressume...anyway, he said that that the glass is a great tourney and with good folks running it...buddy is a nice guy and very approachable, of course we arent friends or anything, just chatted with him on occasion...its kind of neat having a legend in your home room

PQQLK9
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
His butt should have been tossed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif