PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED ON GOLD CROWN QUICK!!!..:)

BritzSticks
11-17-2004, 11:27 AM
OK Guys..I need some QUICK HELP! I'm Hot on the Trail of a Gold Crown Table, and posted something the other day here, looking for some advice. One Nice Guy emailed me the following

"I believe only the GC I's and II's were dowelled, III's and IV's are not. The GC III's are the least desirable, I's, II's and IV's are better choices. In my opinion I would rate them II, IV, I, III in terms of desirability, but some I's duplicate II's so there is no firm and hard rule. Good luck."

I placed an ad in the Local Newspaper looking for a Gold Crown and just got a call about 10 Minutes ago and am going to go look at this table in about 5 Hours. It was bought from the local Hub of the Pool Shooting World, called "McQues" about a year ago. The Guy who currently has the table isn't sure if it's a I, or a II. Does ANYONE OUT THERE Know of an easily explained way to help me figure this out, when I look at the table? ANY Help is Great Appreciated..ESPECIALLY if FAST!!!..:)...Thanks Guys...Nick..:)

Billy
11-17-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BritzSticks:</font><hr> OK Guys..I need some QUICK HELP! I'm Hot on the Trail of a Gold Crown Table, and posted something the other day here, looking for some advice. One Nice Guy emailed me the following

"I believe only the GC I's and II's were dowelled, III's and IV's are not. The GC III's are the least desirable, I's, II's and IV's are better choices. In my opinion I would rate them II, IV, I, III in terms of desirability, but some I's duplicate II's so there is no firm and hard rule. Good luck."

I placed an ad in the Local Newspaper looking for a Gold Crown and just got a call about 10 Minutes ago and am going to go look at this table in about 5 Hours. It was bought from the local Hub of the Pool Shooting World, called "McQues" about a year ago. The Guy who currently has the table isn't sure if it's a I, or a II. Does ANYONE OUT THERE Know of an easily explained way to help me figure this out, when I look at the table? ANY Help is Great Appreciated..ESPECIALLY if FAST!!!..:)...Thanks Guys...Nick..:)
<hr /></blockquote>

I may of posted this twice but if the metal on the table(the pocket castings,feet,etc.)is bronze or smoked in color it is most likely a GC III - if the metal is silverish in color it is most likely a GC I or II,hope this helps

jmo

DialUp
11-17-2004, 02:20 PM
I can't quite remember all the details I found while searching but I was able to determine mine was a Gold Crown 1 by a few things.

Non adjustable legs
Bolt plates in rails were half moon shaped.
White base with yellow apron

Also - The pocket castings were dated. Mine had a date of 1962 (or something close to that)

Brunswick sent me pictures of all the version and a installation manual (PDF) for free.

Here are some things I remember:

1's and 2's had the plastic apron extension to hide the bottom of the pockets. Ones used shims to adjust the legs. Two's, threes's and four's had adjustable legs. Fours have the shimless slate (A bunch of adjusting screws instead). Ashtrays in the cornors were only on Two's (I think) Scoring wheels were larger on the One's than the Four's, not sure about Two's and Three's. I also think Ash vs. Poplar is a way to tell. My One was made of Ash.

Surely my facts are off /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif So do some searching on the web and you will find enough clues. I am pretty sure I found several discussion on these forums that gave me a good idea of what I had.

Good Luck

Barbara
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
GC 1 and 2s had some interchangeable parts. I have a GC1 but it has adjustable legs and that's how the original owner, from whom I purchased it, got it from Brunswick.

Barbara~~~white base with blue apron...

SPetty
11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi BritzSticks,

Did you look at the table? What did you find? Did you buy it?