PDA

View Full Version : BRUNSWICK GOLD CROWN VS ASHBEE????

BritzSticks
11-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi Again Guys..:)..OK..I'm in Buying Mode for a 9 Footer to go into a Poolroom that is currently being built onto my house, and should be done in 4 or 5 Weeks. I Play a lot of competitive pool, and had myself 99% sold on a Gold Crown. I don't have Deep Pockets and This is a Lot of money for me to spend on a Table. I went to the local Brunswick Dealer and was looking at all the tables and kind of fell in love with a 9' Brunswick Ashbee, which is a hand inlayed (yes, I know, probably in China) reproduction of early brunswick tables. Like the Guy said..the Slates and Cusions are the same as the Gold Crown. This would save me about $1700 over a Gold Crown after Taxes. I guess My Question here, is..WHAT Am I going to be Giving Up if I go with the Ashbee??, from the standpoint of someone who plays a lot of Pool?? Is this a Viable alternative taking price and what I'm giving up in YOUR Opinion???? Or have I been Kind of Self "Brainwashed" into thinking that the only way to go is a Gold Crown??? Any Opinions??? Another Reason I'm attracted to the Ashbee, is that I'm a lifelong Antique Dealer and love the look. I WOULD Get an Original Antique Table, but that usualy involves some problems and a Good One would be more than that anyways, in a lot of cases..ANY OPINIONS HERE!..Someone PLEASE help me THINK!!..:)..Hope you're all doing Great..All the Best, Nick..:)

Elaine
11-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Definately the Ashbee....the Gold Crown looks like it belongs in a Pool Hall...
All the Brunswicks are made overseas anyhow. I confirmed that with them direct. Just curious what is the cost of the Ashbee. I recently bought an 8ft Olhausen - also a piece of furniture. Unless you have the ultra modern high tech home I think the furniture type tables are much more appealing....just a woman's point of view.
Let us know what you decide.
Elaine

DavidMorris
11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Not familiar with the Ashbee but for what it's worth, I bought a new Brunswick Avalon 8' table 2 years ago and love it. It's a beautiful piece of furniture as well as a great playing table. The table covered in Simonis 860 plus the Centennial Kit (which is an excellent set but pricey) set me back around $3500 IIRC.

Pic of my table (http://home.alltel.net/dmorris/billiards/pics/pages/table03.html)