PDA

View Full Version : REPLYING TO REPLYS..:)

BritzSticks
11-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi yet again folks. I'm getting some Nice AND Helpful answers to my questions on this board. I have it setup so that it sends your replys right to my Mailbox. Is there a Way to reply to these Replys?? I'm wanting to thank people for taking the time to email me, but the return on these emails is the "Webmaster" of this site and that doesn't go to the writer, I'm guessing. For the one Gentleman, NO, I didn't get the Gold Crown I went and looked at today..TOO MUCH Wear..Looked like it had about 60 Trillion Games played on it. To the Lady who voted for the Ashbee..I understand..Naturaly, a Woman would vote for the Ashbee for looks over a Gold Crown..:)...Just teasing you a little..:)..I'm leaning Heavily towards the Brunswick Ashbee, and am taking the wife to look at it tomorrow...Just don't want to sacrafice anything Important in the way of playability...Thanks Again All..I appreciate your help..Nick..:)

DavidMorris
11-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Those e-mail replies you're getting are generated by this message board when someone replies to your post, it does not come from them directly, and does not include their e-mail address for a direct reply. To reply to their reply, return to the thread where you posted here, and post your reply there.

Pizza Bob
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by "Looks like...". You shouldn't base your buying decision on a visual inspection only. There are tons of GC's out there that Have had trillions of games on them and they are good for trillions more. With a visual only inspection, the wear on the clth alone could give that impression. How were the rails? Any loose spots? Do they seem dead? Did you get under the table and look? Don't get scared off the GC because of "looks". You should recover it when you move it anyway, so the cloth is the least of your worries - you need to ascertain if it is structurally sound and if the rails are in good condition. I'd take a used GC over a new recreational furniture line anyday. Stop and think about what the salesman told you - how could a furniture grade table with the same underpinnings as a GC cost less money???? He's blowing smoke up your arse (notice the British accent?). Good luck with whatever you decide, but my vote goes to the GC.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

BritzSticks
11-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Pizza Bob..I appreciate your Imput on the Gold Crown Situation I'm in. When I said that the table "Looks Like" it had Trillions of Games played on it, I Meant it was Trashed. I'm not a complete Idiot, I DO Know what is Repairable and all of that jazz. The Cloth on this Table was the least of the Problems. It had EXTENSIVE Metal Wear on Everything Metal, as well as numerous Dings and Scrapes and Dead Cusions and Filthy Cloth, which I KNOW is replacable, but was Indicative of how the Table has been treated. The End Ball Box was loose, not a big deal. The Structure appeared fine, but it was Definately for someone that would want to restore it, and Not for ME, who barely knows one end of a hammer from the other. I'm having a poolroom built onto my house as we speak and don't want to put a Dog of a Table in the middle of it. I have a Stack of Questions for the Brunswick Dealer whom I'm going to meet with later today. I DONT Want to make any misstakes, with this big of a purchase for ME. The Core of the Problem, is I'm trying to seperate Reality from Fantasy when it comes to Just HOW Much difference is there going to be between Brunswick Table A and Brunswick Table B, when so far, I know the Slates and Cussions are Identical...Anymore Imput is Greatly apprecited..Take Care all and a Special Thanks to Pizza Bob and the others who have contacted me during this Stressful, but FUN Aspect of setting up the New Room...All the Best, Nick..:) Here's a Pic Of me, if it comes through, so you all don't think I'm a little old lady in Pasadena...:) http://home.comcast.net/~Britzy/campics/pic501.jpg