PDA

View Full Version : US OPEN ON TV

JimS
11-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Jim Wyche drives me nuts trying to be exciting. He's awful.

PQQLK9
11-18-2004, 11:43 AM
You too...its painful /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
It's funny, I have heard him before and he wasn't that bad. But on the Open matches he is yelling nonstop. Someone must have told him to do that.

Rob Sykora maybe from BCn? He was running the show.

daviddjmp
11-18-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm taping it now. Don't tell me who wins LOL. JW is ok, never bothered me too much, but I will turn the sound off if he is too much to take. I will look at it tonight after work.

Fred Agnir
11-18-2004, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> It's funny, I have heard him before and he wasn't that bad. But on the Open matches he is yelling nonstop. Someone must have told him to do that.

Rob Sykora maybe from BCn? He was running the show. <hr /></blockquote>Cuz Sid wasn't with him?

bomber
11-18-2004, 12:02 PM
you might want to get that volume button ready because it was too much...yuck

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2004, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>Cuz Sid wasn't with him? <hr /></blockquote>

I posted previously that Wych seems to have contracted Sid Waddel disease /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

casual contact I presume

JimS
11-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I wanna hear Mark Wilson and Danny DiLiberto, like at the Derby. They were GOOD.

Rich R.
11-18-2004, 04:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I posted previously that Wych seems to have contracted Sid Waddel disease /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

casual contact I presume <hr /></blockquote>
I think your right Wally.
I liked Wych when he did a few of the WPBA TV matches, but now,he is terrible. He is definitely picking some some bad habits from Sid Waddel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
11-18-2004, 11:47 PM
That guy drives me nuts Jim. I saw the famous draw shot Corey made, just a good stroke. That new cloth delays action is all, not spectaular but good all the same. He isn't God yet.

Rod

eg8r
11-19-2004, 06:42 AM
LOL, I just turn the volume down a bit. Not all the way, but some of his excitement is digested easier at much lower volume levels. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides my baby would much rather listen to her Baby Einstein bouncer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~tired of hearing the Baby Einstein bouncer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Rich R, I have a trivia question for you. Who was the first person to high-five Gabe Owen after his US Open victory? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not talking shaking hands, I'm talking high-five

hint: it was the same guy that loaned Gabe a tip-scuffer during an earlier match that day /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
11-19-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Rich R, I have a trivia question for you. Who was the first person to high-five Gabe Owen after his US Open victory? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not talking shaking hands, I'm talking high-five

hint: it was the same guy that loaned Gabe a tip-scuffer during an earlier match that day /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmmmmmmm, let me think.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh, I guess that would be me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

=k=
11-19-2004, 10:21 AM
yes proved by missing the nine !!!! still looked impressive..

daviddjmp
11-19-2004, 01:26 PM
OK, after viewing the matches from yesterday, I have to agree that his tone is extremely annoying. He just is not the personality he wishes he was, and it shows. He forces himself way too much, he needs to relax and just be the anchor. I disliked the advertising on the carpet which could be seen from the top view of the table as well. All that being said, there was some fabulous shooting in those two matches, especially that four-ball shot Corey made where he drew the cueball with inside english. The ball curved against the long rail, the draw brought it down to the short rail and the inside killed it there. I don't think I have ever seen such a fabulous shot in a 9-ball match. He also made some amazing kick/bank shots as well. Just have to turn off the sound, I guess. I have heard JW commentate other matches and he was not nearly as obnoxious as he was in this one. Great pool, though. I will watch the other two when I get home tonight.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote daviddjmp:</font><hr>
...that four-ball shot Corey made ...

<hr /></blockquote>

we discussed that here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=164400&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

START(
%AB2[9%B[8\7%Ct3\1%Dd4M4%EE1S4%F^1Y4%Gt1\3%Ho5I7%II1S4%PH1W 5
%UE6L0%VC6I7%Wb4N1%XI5V9%[q7D9%\e4L6%]D1H7%^I7D5%eC1b4%_g7Z2
%`h6S4%ad9N1%bK5D2%cZ2J3%df5Z8
)END