PDA

View Full Version : Republicans are all wet!!!

wolfdancer
11-18-2004, 12:23 PM
...but so were the Democrats, at the opening of the William Jefferson Library today, in the pouring rain. An amazing sight to see former Presidents, Carter, Bush, Clinton,and their wives,along with our fearless leader George Jr. on the "same stage".
I would have staged it a bit different...had "Raindrops keep falling on my head..." playing in the background, while GW, and Bill were circling each other on bicycles..."brilliant!"

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
"It's a strange,strange world YOU live in, Master Jack..." /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Wally, at last!!! sumthin that we can agree on.............
I'm afraid that Ohioans have never recovered from the Taft Administration, nor changed their political views...it was only after I moved from Cleveland, and Lorain, to the West Coast, that.....
Interesting to see all that power, former presidents, Mr. Bush, members of congress, reps. from foreign nations, etc..in one place...given the terrorist situation in the world today.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...Interesting to see all that power, former presidents, Mr. Bush, members of congress, reps. from foreign nations, etc..in one place...given the terrorist situation in the world today.
<hr /></blockquote>

The terrorists might stand out too much in Little Rock /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
11-18-2004, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...Interesting to see all that power, former presidents, Mr. Bush, members of congress, reps. from foreign nations, etc..in one place...given the terrorist situation in the world today.
<hr /></blockquote>

The terrorists might stand out too much in Little Rock /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Being born in The Natural State (used to be the Land of Opportunity" until some noticed there was none there) I assure you that whatever terrorists can find Arkansas without a a road map are severely outgunned, no matter how well armed they are.

Deeman
Granny's got an assault weapon.... </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
...(used to be the Land of Opportunity" until some noticed there was none there) ...
<hr /></blockquote>

If you're a master chicken plucker, Arkansas is your oyster.

SnakebyteXX
11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arkansas is your oyster. <hr /></blockquote>

True story: A while back I was driving with my wife and a woman friend of hers when we passed a car with Arkansas plates. My wife's friend (who doesn't get out of California much) reads the plate and exclaims, "ARE-CANS-US!?!? Where the Hell is that?" Took me at least a minute to convince her that the folks in that car were not from a foreign country but from the State of R-KUN-SAW. I happened to know how to pronounce it because my folks originally all came from Miz-zoo-rah and I'd had some practice with the regional dialect while growing up.

Snake

Gayle in MD
11-19-2004, 05:19 AM
My sister and I used to sing a song when we were little, "There was a little man in Arkansas" sure wish I could remember all the words.
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr>
..."ARE-CANS-US!?!? Where the Hell is that?" <hr /></blockquote>

that's funny

I was in the video store and a clueless teenage female clerk was telling a co-worker that she had had an allergic reaction to <font color="red">BRAY-zul nuts. </font color>

co-worker: <font color="blue">"What's a BRAY-zul nut?" </font color>

clueless:<font color="red">"You know, those big brown nuts that are about the size of your thumb" </font color>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bob_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I'm afraid that Ohioans have never ......... changed their political views <hr /></blockquote>

Why change when you've got it right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bob