PDA

View Full Version : Cuemaker or repair persons Help!

stickman
11-18-2004, 06:29 PM
I have a friend that has an early Predator cue. It was the top model for it's time. The first Predators used a 1 1/4" ferrule. As far as I can tell, the original ferrule replacements aren't available. The ferrules don't appear to be anything unusal to me. They are uncapped, unthreaded, and a white material, I'm guessing either fiber or PVC. They are soft, and scratch easily. The cue has considerable collector value, so he doesn't what to do anything that would decrease the value. I welcome and appreciate your ideas or suggestions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

Correction: They are capped, unsure if they are threaded. It's been several months since I replaced a tip for him, and my memory didn't serve me well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

trailboss
11-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi Stickman! I would recomend Ted Harris to check it out. Teds work is secound to none! Did you get the table yet? If so how do you like it?

stickman
11-20-2004, 11:55 PM
My divorce property settlement is still held up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe by the first of the year, I hope. Ted suggested Predator do the ferrule replacement. My friend said that the ferrules were no longer available. I e-mailed Predator customer service to verify if they can do it or not. If they can, he should send it to them. If not, we'll have to continue to explore other options. Thanks for the reply. How are you doing with the new table?

trailboss
11-21-2004, 12:47 AM
My new table is doing fine! The table mechanic really knew his stuff and leveled it perfectly! It is not a top table by any means but, I am happy with it.

stickman
11-22-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm glad you are happy with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Predator e-mailed back and told me that they can only replace 3/4" ferrules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif