PDA

View Full Version : Florida Tourneys

05-20-2002, 09:46 AM
I have a place near Hudson FL on US19 and was looking for a local bar type place for a small $5 or $10 tourney to just have fun. Remembering the last time that I was down there I played at an upscale kind of pool hall on US 19 past new port richey but not in tampa and Ray Martin, Steve Mizerak, and John Dovinsky were all there it was like a $20 or $25 tourney, I am trying to avoid that haha. Any local BAR TABLE tourneys are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for your help.

cheesemouse
05-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Indy,
If I had a chance to play Ray Martin for 20 buck it would be a good day. I have worn out his book.

Jay M
05-20-2002, 01:38 PM
You will need to find a tourney that isn't held in a pool hall to avoid players like those in this area. Even though the little 5-10 dollar ones don't draw Ray and Buddy, there are still others that are capable of playing on the florida tour (and some that actually do) that play them. One of the things about this area of florida is that there are so many good players around that the level of play of even an average player is at or near the A+ mark.

Jay M

05-20-2002, 01:56 PM
lol That's why im posting here to find a bar or such that can fit my wants. I don't go to my FL house that often so I can't keep up with where to play at. Now here in Indy it's a different story.