PDA

View Full Version : THANKS GUYS for GOOD WISHES on GOLD CROWN!!!

BritzSticks
11-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi all Again..:)..I want to once again THANK ALL of you who have Written with your Good Wishes on the GOLD CROWN purchase I made yesterday. I Sense a lot of you are Wishing you could make the same purchase and the good news is YOU CAN!! I do NOT have deep pockets. I'm going into Debt over this. However, I'm going to be 50 in the Spring and I don't know about YOU Guys, but for me, time is FLYING FAST!! I still remember my High School Locker Combination for Crying out loud!!! Seems like about 5 years since I was THERE!! I can sit in my living room chair and Bask in the "Glow" of having all my Bills Paid or I can Upgrade my Life and Enjoy myself in the time I have left. I've always liked the bit about the guy who stated in his will "Being of Sound Mind and Body..I spent it all!!!"...:)...I was trying to find an proper analogy yesterday to explain buying this table to my wife. Since I also play a LITTLE bit of Guitar, I used THAT as a Good One. You an be put in an Arena, on stage, and be given a $39 Sears Guitar and Practice Amp, OR a Stack of Marshall Amps and a Les Paul!!!..I also equate a Gold Crown with Driving a Sports Car..There's Nothing like it..when you're games on..:)..Once Again..Thanks Guys..If any of you are up Spokane Way in the future..Drop me an Email..maybe we can shoot a Game!...Nick..:)

Pizza Bob
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Wait a minute....you're in SPOKANE?????? Here all this time I thought you were "across the pond" - here I find out your 6000 miles in the opposite direction???? Congrats anyway - you definitely made the right choice and now that we all know you're over here, you can expect to be visited by some of us from time to time <g>. I've always lived by the credo, "He who dies with the most toys wins!" - You've got a way to go to catch up, but I like your style.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BritzSticks:</font><hr>.... I'm going to be 50 in the Spring and I don't know about YOU Guys, but for me, time is FLYING FAST!!....
<hr /></blockquote>

You only live once. This is not a dress rehearsal.

and ...uh...

Go Zags /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Nick, I almost moved there a year ago,nice clean city, and the R.E. prices are ok.ended up in the West end of Wa though.
Hey, it ain't over after 50...one of the best golfer's I ever played with at Sharp Park, in Pacifica,Ca hit the longest drives I'd ever seen on 3 or 4 holes, and shot near par...he was 56. A friend recently was frustrated because 50 was around the corner, and he had never broken 80...A couple of weeks later, after he hit the half-way mark (We all hope) he shot 78...maybe that 2-ball putter I gave him for some minor legal services helped. I won a lot of bar tournaments, pushing 60..."it ain't over till it's over"...at least not 'till the fat lady sings ( avoid singing fat ladies...you'll live longer)

Williebetmore
11-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow!! I can really empathize. I got my new GCIV (single shimmed) about 6 months ago. I practice at least 2 hours a day, and I still think every time I go down to play, "this table is so cool," and it is just an exquisite pleasure to play on it. I play in a rock band (Les Paul Custom through Johnson and Marshall stacks) and it is EXACTLY the same feeling that you describe. Every time I hit a power chord and feel the room shake it still feels great. Now if I can just get that Ferrari I'll be all set.