PDA

View Full Version : I woke up this morning,and...

wolfdancer
11-19-2004, 01:18 PM
...the sun was shining in
went to the pool room, grabbed some balls, and then
Said, " I just dropped in, to see what position, my position was in"

9 Ball Girl
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM
it was cloudy. Took a shower got dressed, got to work and said, "Is it time to hit some balls yet?"

Wendy<---my usual Friday morning banter upon arrival at work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Ah, the lifestyles of the idle rich......what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

9 Ball Girl
11-19-2004, 01:56 PM
More like the lifestyles of a New Yorker!

Deeman2
11-19-2004, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...the sun was shining in
went to the pool room, grabbed some balls, and then
Said, " I just dropped in, to see what position, my position was in"
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Eight miles out of Memphis and I got no friend, just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in.....Had no shot and couldn't think of a brilliant three rail escape.... good thoughts Wolfdancer. Did you take your name from "Dances with Wolves?" I would prefer "Dances with Blonds." Have a great weekend.</font color>

Deeman

wolfdancer
11-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Neat song, great, but off beat movie it was featured in."The Big Lebowski" (The amazing Coen Bros).
the character in the movie was Lt. john j dunbar...same,same
and besides Laura had already grabbed "Bluewolf" ..must be a democrat.
Hey, everybody's got a little "big Lebowski" in 'em
And here's the link to the random quote generator
http://www.dymphna.net/randomquotage/lebowskiquotes.shtml

and some samples:
"You're not dealing with morons here."

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that."

dg-in-centralpa
11-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Sung by Kenny Rogers when he was good. I didn't like him when he went country. Even tho' he had more success.

DG

SPetty
11-21-2004, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Sung by Kenny Rogers when he was good. I didn't like him when he went country. <hr /></blockquote>Does anyone here remember "The Ballad of Calico", a two album release by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition? It was one of my favorites, and I've never been able to find it on CD. One of these days, I'll figure out how to get my old scratchy vinyl onto CD...

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2004, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> One of these days, I'll figure out how to get my old scratchy vinyl onto CD...
<hr /></blockquote>

I believe that is fairly simple to do. My computer-illiterate friend has a device for that. A technologically savvy person such as yourself should have no problem.

BTW, K Rogers recorded one of my uncle's songs. It was not a hit but he did get a royalty check for $31,000

dg-in-centralpa
11-22-2004, 02:32 PM
If any music stores in your area deal with import CD'S, check with them. It might be available from Germany or Japan. They used to be the biggest for putting out music such as this, when the US was trying to put out current music. I'll try to do some research for you and let you know.

DG

SecaucusFats
11-22-2004, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Sung by Kenny Rogers when he was good. I didn't like him when he went country. <hr /></blockquote>Does anyone here remember "The Ballad of Calico", a two album release by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition? It was one of my favorites, and I've never been able to find it on CD. One of these days, I'll figure out how to get my old scratchy vinyl onto CD...
<hr /></blockquote>

One other alternative is to try a music service like Rhapsody, Napster, Music Net etc.. Chances are good you will be able to find the album you want from one of the services, and then all you have to do is download it to your hard drive and burn it to CD. BTW all of the big music services give you a free trial so you can see if they have what you want before you spend any dough. Downloads usually run from .79 to $1.00 per song. One thing though, you must have a broadband connection (cable or DSL) and (obviously) you must have a CD-R/RW drive installed in your PC.

One other alternative is a peer to peer service like Morpheus (no charge for downloads), but there are are legal issues still unresolved as regard peer to peer music file sharing.

SF

SPetty
11-22-2004, 03:51 PM
It would be great if you could find something. Believe it or not, I've done internet searches out the wazoo on the "Ballad of Calico". Couldn't find anything at all...

Just redid the search and found a guy that liked the album as much as I did:
http://www.perrific.com/cds/calico.html

http://www.perrific.com/cds/calico_t.jpg

dg-in-centralpa
11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I did some research and couldn't find it. Although Amazon has an import Best of First Edition that has one or two songs from that album. You may want to keep an eye on Ebay as well for it.

DG - Good Luck

SPetty
11-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I've got the album. Bought it brand new. Played it a lot. Cats claws got to the cover. It'd be nice if they'd release it on CD.

Thanks for looking!

Mr Ingrate
11-23-2004, 04:16 PM
My favorite from his early days when he was doing POP is "Washington Woman". Anyone remember that one? If that isn't a country song, I don't know what is.