PDA

View Full Version : Gotta admit I'm jealous of the CCB'ers in Vegas

Kato
05-20-2002, 11:44 AM
C.C. sent me a brief e-mail telling me about all the people he met in Vegas. He told me everyone was really cool. I think it's neat that everyone was there rooting for everyone else, win or lose. Barbara, Spiderman, Fred, Carol.......ect, ect, ect, all get a high 5 from me. You guys are the nutz, one and all.

Kato

Rich R.
05-20-2002, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> You guys are the nutz, one and all.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
I wasn't in Vegas, but I have to agree. Every CCB'er I have met is nuts.......Oh, wait, you spelled that a little different. Oh, heck, must mean the same thing.
Rich R.~~~never could spell.

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Good afternoon:

Yes, it was great to hear about all the news and action taking place in Vegas. Especially since us WORKING STIFFS had to endure the daily grind in the salt mine.

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.

Barbara
05-20-2002, 11:57 AM
Well Kato, it was a real blast and a pleasure to hook up some names with faces. CC is a real hoot! He's got game, too! The last match of his I caught he was playing some jam-up 8-ball and running out! I know I learned a thing or two. His wife is really nice to talk to, too, and I hope his son learns a few things from his dad.

Barbara~~~so much for knocking CC's action...

Kato
05-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Tough to knock C.C.'s action with Voodoo and myself. He comes to SoFlo he goes bone dry.LOL

Chris speaks very highly of his family so I'm sure that KarateMom and KarateKid are jam up.

I was really pleased to hear how nice everyone was to not just Chris but his family as well. Warms the soul.

Kato

PS. First softball game in 4 years tonight. Last time I played I tore up my knee. I've been working out for 6 weeks preparing but I'll admit I'm nervous.

MikeM
05-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Good luck with the softball tonite. Do lots of stretching beforehand!

This is my first summer since 1979 not playing softball. I miss it!

MM

SpiderMan
05-20-2002, 05:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> C.C. sent me a brief e-mail telling me about all the people he met in Vegas. He told me everyone was really cool. I think it's neat that everyone was there rooting for everyone else, win or lose. Barbara, Spiderman, Fred, Carol.......ect, ect, ect, all get a high 5 from me. You guys are the nutz, one and all.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

Yes, and I also brought my Mom out for 5 days during the middle of the week. She thought everyone she met was very nice. BTW, I think Chris may have to give me the 8 (in 8-ball).

SpiderMan

CarolNYC
05-21-2002, 04:20 AM
Hey there,
You and Voodoo Daddy were ones I also wanted to meet and know someday we will, but I'll tell you one thing, after meeting everyone, looking at the posts has become a WHOLE different outlook!It is a great thing to now know the person because we can just see and hear them-its just unbelievable! Believe me, you were missed-maybe next year?
Carol~freezing in NY at 42 degrees,ha ha ha-C'mon 80"s!

Kato
05-21-2002, 08:31 AM
Carol, I'm not involved in BCA league's or singles or anything so I wouldn't be in Vegas unless I had a bucketload of free cash (yeah right) or something insane came up. I will be in Virginia in September and in Kentucky in January.

I have a list of people that I consider to be special people, either from what I've heard or what I've read. I can only hope to run into a fraction of these folks in September then more in January.

Kato~~~yes Carol, you are on that list (others will have to torture me to find out if they're on it).

SPetty
05-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi Kato,

You didn't keep the anger of the pool gods directed at you like you said you would. They came down hard on Barbara. Well, they came down hard on me too, but that's to be expected.

I guess cuechick must have done some special favor for you /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif to keep the pool gods' attention while she was playing?

Nice try though. I think it did work for a little while. At least things looked good before the tournament started. (in the mini-tournaments) You just couldn't keep their attention long enough!

SPetty~~~I'll torture you...tickle tickle tickle...

CarolNYC
05-21-2002, 04:49 PM
What a sweetheart-you take care of yourself and travel safely,okay? We will meet one day!
Stay well!
Carol~hoping it comes soon!:)

Kato
05-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Well SPetty, that's the best offer I've had in a while. I accept. I really tried and tried and tried. I played in a tournament and just dogged it last Sunday. I swore at the Gods and was sure there wrath was upon me. While youz guys was in Vegas I was practicing 4 hours per night and cursing them constantly. I'm sorry I didn't do better. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will try again next year.

Kato~~~had to quit playing because the God's came down like a ton of bricks. I'm absolutely afraid to pick up my cue. I did it all for each and every one of you and I'd do it again in a New York Minute.