PDA

View Full Version : BD CCB National Billiard Tour

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon:

Given the interest in CCB Tournament to be held in conjunction with the US Open in September, as well as those of us who will not be able to compete in the aformentioned event, maybe we should throw together some regional events dedicated to the CCB regulars and then have a national event for the ultimate bragging rights. There could be a Men's division, Women's division and a division open to Men and Women.

What do you think of the idea? It appears workable, especially when you take into consideration the fact that many of us are grouped in clusters around the country.

Additionally, if there is enough interest, we might be able to strong arm the Billiards Digest organization into supporting the events and the endeavor.

Just a little food for thought!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

MikeM
05-20-2002, 01:10 PM
That's a great idea Dr. D. I would be happy to help organize a DC Metro area get together. Maybe around a CAT tour stop. I travel a good deal for work and I think it would be a blast to participate in a CCB get together in someone else's back yard.

Maybe we could even find a corporate sponsor, get a TV contract, cash in on the big prize money and retire to a pool hall in the carribean!!! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.........
Sorry, got carried away there!

MM

Lester
05-20-2002, 01:17 PM
That's a great idea Doc, if Mike sets something up in the DC/Baltimore area -- I'm in. Probably increase the CCB user base as well. And Billiard Digest would have to take notice. ***Lester***

MikeM
05-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Okay I'll take it a step further. I have contacted my home pool hall, Breakers in Herndon and their upstairs room is available on Friday June 28th. The CAT tour's next stop is that weekend in nearby Arlington. This room is semi private, and has seven 9-ft. Connellys. For groups, they charge $15/hour/table. They have good food and cold beer (sodas too).

Anyone interested post a response or email me at masonmike@att.net. If anyone has any other suggestons for a time or location, let's hear 'em.

MM

rackmup
05-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Terrific idea Diana but have you noticed?...only 17 have signed up for the CCB tourney at the Open.

I would play anywhere, anytime, just to meet other CCB'ers but this one is going to be a tough one to get going. Case in point: They just held the "Dallas Open" and only had 55 contestants. I only know of a few CCB'ers that were there.

I wish there were a way to determine the number of CCB'ers in a given state/city.

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon:

I will be in Arlington, Virginia for the June 29th and 30th CAT 9 Ball Tournament, checking in my hotel around Noon on the 28th. Count me in for the Friday night event!

However, since the CAT event will be held at Champions, why not check them out as well.

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr>
Maybe we could even find a corporate sponsor, get a TV contract, cash in on the big prize money and retire to a pool hall in the carribean!!! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.........
Sorry, got carried away there!

MM <hr></blockquote>

My bags are packed and I am ready to go!!!

Dr. D.

Brady_Behrman
05-20-2002, 02:42 PM
I Second the Carribean Plan!
http://www.bahamas.com/photo_gallery/eleuthera/images/churchstc.jpg

This place will accomodate 5 Tables and a LAVISH BAR. We need a Bartender..I vote for world renowned KEITH McCREADY{Bartender extrordinare)

Lester
05-21-2002, 06:04 AM
Brady
From what I hear, Keith is his own best Bartender. However, he would drink up any profits we might anticipate. Maybe we should go with "born again" Tommy Kennedy, then we could have some "holy hangovers". ***Lester***

Holly
05-22-2002, 07:47 AM
This is a fine idea. We could do a whole development type thing, condo's, timeshares, private members only beach. Kind of a Hedonism IV type thing. However, can there please be a landing strip nearby. I have a hard time staying put in one place too long and get a strong wanderlust every few weeks. As far as bartender, hmmm I have two friends who are amazing mixologists and both pretty fine pool players too.

I would invest I think... : )

Gayle in MD
05-22-2002, 09:13 AM
You might want to consider Jillians in Annapolis, also, if you want to do this during the day on Friday. They are not located in the heart of Annapolis, but just off route 450, right where the ramp comes down from Route 50, hence, easy access. They have sixteen to twenty 9 foot GC's, good sandwiches, and a nice bar in the middle of the room. It is quite a large room, with excellent ventilation. Also, if you have lunch there, the tables are free! I could also probably work it out to get happy hour prices and a discount on the sandwiches if we have a group of sme size.
Gayle in Md
Gayle in MD

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 05:17 PM
My bags are packed and I am ready to go!!!

If, I'm not mistaken.. that reply is reminicent of a great PP&amp;M tune..

Doctor_D
05-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Good evening:

Absolutely !!!

Dr. D.

SPetty
05-23-2002, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> My bags are packed and I am ready to go!!!

If, I'm not mistaken.. that reply is reminicent of a great PP&amp;M tune.. <hr></blockquote>Hi Tom,

Just to be clear, that tune was written and originally recorded by none other than the late John Denver.

Harold Acosta
05-23-2002, 05:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> I Second the Carribean Plan!
&lt;img src="http://www.bahamas.com/photo_gallery/eleuthera/images/churchstc.jpg"&gt;

This place will accomodate 5 Tables and a LAVISH BAR. We need a Bartender..I vote for world renowned KEITH McCREADY{Bartender extrordinare) <hr></blockquote>

Barry, I would be willing to sacrifice myself and be the Manager of your Caribbean Billiards Inc., since I live in Puerto Rico. Nonetheless, you will have to do better than 5 tables, since we have a place in the Island with 4 nine foot tables and 8 bar tables. It was opened in May 2001 but it is located in the Northwest part of Puerto Rico. The new location could be in San Juan, Puerto Rico, maybe Old San Juan, were all tourists and Cruise ships arrive. I know the joint would be packed 24 hrs in Old San Juan.

Again, I am willing to sacrifice! Keep it in mind!

Harold Acosta

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2002, 07:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Just to be clear, that tune was written and originally recorded by none other than the late John Denver.
<hr></blockquote>

Peter Paul and Mary were one of my favorite groups in the early 60s

From the website bio of John.

"Denver's first major break came when he was chosen from 250 other hopefuls as lead singer for the popular Chad Mitchell Trio, with whom he sang for two years.

His songwriting skills were noted when Peter, Paul and Mary recorded his "Leaving On A Jet Plane" which became their first Number One hit."

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.dmamusic.org/ourmusicalheritage/johndenver/jdenver-bio.html>http://www.dmamusic.org/ourmusicalheritage/johndenver/jdenver-bio.html</a>

Lester
05-24-2002, 05:13 AM
Harold ---- While your offer is both heroic and noble, I think your location selection needs work. Puerto Rico is probably the worst place to set up shop. Even "shoe shine" boys can run at least 3 racks of rotation before missing. Everybody knows "Bata" would not have to travel at all, HE WOULD LIVE OFF US! ***Lester***