PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge Hotel Info Needed

cueball1950
11-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Can anyone or several of you give me any idea where to stay that is close by. i am on a limited budget so i am trying to find someplace cheap.thanking you in advance....Mike

Barbara
11-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Mike,

There's a ton of hotels near the Convention Center now. You can do a yellow pages search and use "King of Prussia" as the city. At the most you'll have a 10-minute drive.

Or you can book with Priceline and specify a 3- or 4- star hotel and low-ball the price you're willing to pay.

In any case, you're smart to book NOW!

Barbara

PQQLK9
11-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I stayed at the Hampton Inn by the Mall.
It was resonable, continental breakfast, FREE broadband in every room.
If I go next time I will stay there again.

9 Ball Girl
11-21-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm staying at the McIntosh Inn. It's about a 2 minute drive to the convention center. They've got continental breakfasts every morning. I think they're in the midst of becoming a Holiday Express.

landshark77
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm staying at the McIntosh Inn. It's about a 2 minute drive to the convention center. They've got continental breakfasts every morning. I think they're in the midst of becoming a Holiday Express. <hr /></blockquote>

Is that the one that has the kitchens in the rooms? If so that is where I have stayed the past two years...I also satyed at the super 8 I think, but that is a pain getting to.

Jimmy B
11-22-2004, 01:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Can anyone or several of you give me any idea where to stay that is close by. i am on a limited budget so i am trying to find someplace cheap.thanking you in advance....Mike <hr /></blockquote>

Get a part time job or a roomie and stay at the convention center, IMO there is no other option, most of the fun happens late night. I've spent many a 4am downstairs at the action table or up at the IP party and would have never wanted to have to get in a car and drive 2 miles let alone 5 or 10 minutes. With the price of gas now it may be a break even event anyway.

JB

Eric.
11-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey Mike,

Like Jimmy said, your best bet is to get a roomie. I usually stay at the Sheraton, which is about 1 mile up from the convention ctr, on a side road. It's an easy hop if you've been drinking(for medicinal purposes) and the place is nice. I heard the Mc Intosh is cool too.

I usually book my room at the last minute(work screws up my fun life) but you're welcome to crash, if you need.

Eric

9 Ball Girl
11-22-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm not really sure. I make it a point to not get a kitchen when I'm away as the last thing on my mind is to cook! LOL I don't mind having a fridge though. I got the king suite this time (I'm hooked on suites).

Eric.
11-22-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm not really sure. I make it a point to not get a kitchen when I'm away as the last thing on my mind is to cook! LOL I don't mind having a fridge though. I got the king suite this time (I'm hooked on suites). <hr /></blockquote>

For that matter, all you need is the bed and shower. I don't think I've ever spent more than 5 hours in my room on any nite.

Eric

cueball1950
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
A part time job is definately not needed. some people just have to throw smart a$$ remarks in without knowing fully the situation.. i already have my hotel room anyway. So thank you to all the kind people that have given me advice on where to stay. And i will see you all there in March..................................mike

landshark77
11-22-2004, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm not really sure. I make it a point to not get a kitchen when I'm away as the last thing on my mind is to cook! LOL I don't mind having a fridge though. I got the king suite this time (I'm hooked on suites). <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe it was the Homestead Suites...I am so bad with names..I think they all have kitchens, but that is not why I stay there...it is cheap and like a stop light away from the convention center. Not a bad deal at all really...and yeah Eric, I am never in my room either.

HallofFame
11-22-2004, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Can anyone or several of you give me any idea where to stay that is close by. i am on a limited budget so i am trying to find someplace cheap.thanking you in advance....Mike <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/hotels.html

If the above link does not work, just use the main page and navigate.

Joe

Eric.
11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>..and yeah Eric, I am never in my room either. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, so where's the party?

Eric

landshark77
11-22-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>..and yeah Eric, I am never in my room either. <hr /></blockquote>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

How'd I know you were going to respond to this percise section of my post? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not sure of a party, VF is a pretty busy time, LOL. Hoping to make it down to the local PH at least one night...I have a score to settle with someone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric.
11-22-2004, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Hoping to make it down to the local PH at least one night...I have a score to settle with someone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Let's get readyyyy to rummmmblllllllle!

Sounds like you might need Michael Buffer for this one /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric

landshark77
11-22-2004, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>
Let's get readyyyy to rummmmblllllllle!

Sounds like you might need Michael Buffer for this one /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

ummm, Ok..who is the Micheal Buffer you speak of?

dg-in-centralpa
11-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Mike,
Like Wendy, I've stayed at the Macintosh the past several years. It's cheaper than at the convention center and the rooms are nice. I'm probably staying at the convention center this time, If I can get a room. See you then.
DG

Chris Cass
11-23-2004, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Eric,

I don't know about you but I never left the practice tables down stairs. I loved every minute of it. Action all night long. Matter of fact, I left one morning at about 4am. Poor Scott slept in his car waiting for me. Geez, he was really cool about that and I felt so bad.

Regards,

C.C.

Eric.
11-23-2004, 08:42 AM
I hear ya! I did the same thing on Fri nite. I was hanging by the action tables, then Jimbo(yea that Jimbo) tells me he's got a match-up worth watching...I checked into my hotel room at 5.30A or so. I'm glad I still had the reservation!

Eric

Jimmy B
11-23-2004, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> some people just have to throw smart a$$ remarks in without knowing fully the situation....mike <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, that would be me :-)))))
But seriously I've been drunk and tired more times at VF then almost anywhere and I know for a fact that if I didn't have a room close enough to stumble up to I'd end up sleepin in a car or worse. Also part time jobs aren't as bad as I made them sound :-)

Jim

Jimmy B
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I hear ya! I did the same thing on Fri nite. I was hanging by the action tables, then Jimbo(yea that Jimbo) tells me he's got a match-up worth watching

Eric <hr /></blockquote>
I can't even recall what time I left, but I know I was happy to leave with the shirt I came in with. BTW I didn't lie did I???

Jim

Eric.
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> BTW I didn't lie did I???

Jim <hr /></blockquote>

Nope!

Eric