PDA

View Full Version : lots of empty seats

=k=
05-20-2002, 01:18 PM
i was really suprized at all the empty seats at vegas, at only nine dollars, i thought there would be standing room only, seating was at most 3/4 full, oh well i enjoyed every min. still looking for the big guy tony sent..

Vagabond
05-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Howdy Folks,
In the evening sessions,it was full. Day sessions,ofcourse,were empty.
Vagabond

Nostroke
05-20-2002, 06:58 PM
If you looked closer, there were seats all around for all matches including the finals It may have looked full at a glance but it was not-As an example, when the Mudhoneys won their semifinal team match, the Men's finals was in game 3 or so. The girls (7) ran down to support Tony and all got good seats in the same section and there were still plenty of seats around.

Sad but true. Most pool players could care less about watching the best players in the world, even if they are just down the hall.

SPetty
05-21-2002, 08:08 AM
I, too, was surprised at the number of empty seats. However, I guess my teammates are more "normal" than I am - they would rather sit and feed bills to the slot machines than watch the professional players. Weird, huh? I invited them over and over to see the pros and even offered to pay for their tickets, but they had to go to Circus Circus to win stuffed animals instead...

I do think there were more people in the stands for the women's finals than the men's finals.

There was one day that I was sitting with Rip and realized that we were watching Karen Corr, Allison Fisher, Jeanette Lee, Corey Dueul, Buddy Hall, Efren Reyes, Mika Immonen and more! ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I leaned over and said "This is cool". He replied "Yeah, it is".

My teammates don't even know who Karen Corr is.

=k=
05-21-2002, 08:40 AM
spety, Shoot i was probly sitting beside you all.. i asked a couple of people if they were ccb and got really weird looks so quit asking.. the ones i asked looked like the people in stickmans photo site.. maybe i need glasses?

cuechick
05-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Though this is true, esp in the earlier rounds and losers bracketts, there were still 100's of people in attendence durring the final rounds and far more than any other pro tournaments. I felt it was a great oppurtunity for the tours to photograph the arena as a selling tool to potential sponsors...IMO it wouls still be impressive, at least more so than the average tournament attendence.
It amazes me that people would not want to support the sport they flew across the country to play in, not to mention the chance to learn from the best....but oh well. I did offer my arm band to a young woman standing outside when I knew I couldn't make Karen and Allison's match because I had to play. A guy imediatly offered to buy it from me! I guess the BCA considered the finals sold out which was stated in the program, so many people did not bother... ( I gave the band to the girl and told the guy he could buy it from her!)