PDA

View Full Version : CHOPSTICK Wins CCB PettyPoint 9 Ball Event! (LONG)

Deeman2
11-22-2004, 05:32 AM
In a closely contested battle, Chopstick beat Deeman in the finals of the 1st CCB PettyPoint 9 Ball Blast.

The Event got underway after much waiting for the celebrity group (Spiderman/Chopstick & entourage). In the opening match SPetty Kicked one of the pre-tournament favorites, Jimbo, to the losers bracket immediately losing her incorrectly assumed status (by this writer) as a good female player and stamping the simple label "PLAYER" on her game and Deeman's forehead. In accordance with long standing tradition that traveling partner pool players everywhere know all too well, Spiderman and Chopstick drew each other in the opening round. Happens every time! Chopstick sent Spiderman to the left on the bracket insuring stark fear in everyone on the loser's side (played on the Valley box).

Sid_Vicious, ceebee and PoolFool made good showings as the later had attached a secret flashing decoder ring to his shaft assuring everyone it was a anti-deflection device (some of the younger players bought this!) However, PoolFool is not a nine ball guy by nature and practice and, besides, he wanted to be done by 8:00p.m. He was.

Sid_Vicious and Deeman played in the semi finals of the winner's bracket but I have to admit, Deeman sharked him with a political shoulder patch and faced Chopstick in the winner's bracket finals.

Chopstick won the winner's side in a Hill-Hill Battle by what
many (me, my wife & my dog) consider unfair means, he shot well, played killer position and ran out consistently!

On the "B" side, Good showings were made by rushen21, Shin, Joey, Jimbo and SPetty. However, the Spider was just too tough on the small table (imagine playing David Matlock on that thing, both don't miss!) and he and Deeman met in the finals of the loser's bracket.

At this point Deeman broke his long standing rule of not drinking alcohol while playing pool in preparation for laying a valid excuse, later, if I made it to the finals and lost. Having the finals of the loser's bracket played on the 9 footer aided Deeman in getting to the finals againt Chopstick (now drinking an equal amount to Deeman in essence to re-set the stage of the famous drinking/playing scene in "The Hustler". The runors that Deeman muttered "be a man!" under his breath when Spiderman pulled out his jump cue are totally unfounded and, besides, he ain't got a witness with a tape!

I might note that Joey and Shin placed 4th and 5th with very respectable showings playing well under pressure. SPetty easily won the NINEBALLGIRL Award. Yes, we had one that read "I shoot like a Girl, Damn Good!"

In the closely contested finals, Chopstick and Deeman both played like weak imitations of W.C. Fields. When the size our hearts were compared, Chop's was the size of a grapefruit while Deeman couldn't find a pulse! Chopstick won the cash, a custom Golf Shirt emblassoned with the SPetty Logo, Champion, several non-political but blatantly crass commercial patches as well as a framed plague declaring his victory.

Several of the non-CCBer's who played in the event did well. I brought an East Texas BCA 7, Tony, who did well on the bar box until Spiderman showed up. ceebee eliminated him from the event but he whispered to me he learned more from spending 30 minutes with ceebee, after the tournament, than he had from anyone in many years.

The tournament paid four places.

Several interesting facts.

The top three finishrs all came from the same pool hall, Funland, Memphis, Tennessee circa 1970.

They are each within a couple of years of each other in age. (Poeple who do not understand the term "more fiber in your diet" did not finish in the top 5) All have been stalked by the AARP giving hope to geezers everywhere.

All are politically right.

All three have had their lives in danger in a place called "Voodoo Village".

All three believe we should not start naming streets after Yassar Arafat.

All three know the value of eating Coleman's Barbeque sandwichs in our youth to improve shotmaking ability.

All three loved seeing each other again (It's maybe 35 years since I last saw Chopstick!).

SPetty outdid herself again. I actually didn't tell folks about her tomales, hidden in the top of the bun warmer, (I wish I hadn't blown that secret) until they were half gone! Her chili poured over them is what made men like me fat. Spiderman brought his own chili that was great despite having beans in it! Sid_Vicious brought a great sausage laced Rotel and several brought fruit/cheese plates. No one went hungry....

The event ended about 1:30 a.m. In a move to keep my Justis case from suffering the Texas rain. I pulled my Dodge Truck around and directly into SPetty's swimming pool! Now, I only admit this having consumed over a half bottle of Vodka and seeing that the press corps caught it on film. SPetty had to awaken her husband, LeeRoy (the most understanding man since Neville Chamberland) so he could get me out of the pool and back on the road.

As Tori and I left, Spetty was trying to find my map to PettyPoint and rip it up, ceebee was giving Tony some much appreciated advice on his game and Chopstick and Spiderman were patiently waiting for Tony to haul them back to Dallas while LeeRoy was muttering something under his breath about idiots from anywhere East of Terrel, Texas....

Tori and I arrived hom by 4:00 a.m. and I don't remember anything until 3:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Tori swears I had a good time.

Deeman

dtomasi
11-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Pics and/or Video (especially the pool [swimmimng] rescue /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)?

Barbara
11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Ditto!!

Barbara

PQQLK9
11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the report (if the tourny was held in Florida the result would still be in question) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sounds like a good time was had by all and I wish I could have been there. Oh well, wait till next year.

Deeman2
11-22-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dtomasi:</font><hr> Pics and/or Video (especially the pool [swimmimng] rescue /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Spetty &amp; Spiderman have all the pictures which will be reviewed for content by the SSCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Poolplayers) and will be posted soon I'm sure.

I can say I was wanting to do a Florida style recount on the outcome but when you're beaten, your're beaten....

Deeman </font color>

SpiderMan
11-22-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> The top three finishers all came from the same pool hall, Funland, Memphis, Tennessee circa 1970.

They are each within a couple of years of each other in age. (Poeple who do not understand the term "more fiber in your diet" did not finish in the top 5) All have been stalked by the AARP giving hope to geezers everywhere.

All are politically right.

All three have had their lives in danger in a place called "Voodoo Village".

All three believe we should not start naming streets after Yassar Arafat.

All three know the value of eating Coleman's Barbeque sandwichs in our youth to improve shotmaking ability.

All three loved seeing each other again (It's maybe 35 years since I last saw Chopstick!).

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, here they are, the "River City Wrecking Crew", two Memphis boys from Whitehaven and one from Westwood, reunited in a common bond to amaze and astound. BTW, I'll thank Chopstick for my finish, I never play nine-ball but he spent about 4 or 5 hours playing it with me on Friday so I wouldn't embarass our alma mater:

Chopstick wins the shirt (BTW, Dee was the only guy present who was big enough for that shirt - what was his plan?):
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/a8f2&amp;.dnm=2182.jpg&amp;.src=ph

Deeman2 (2nd):
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/a8f2&amp;.dnm=61ae.jpg

SpiderMan (3rd):
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/a8f2&amp;.dnm=f09a.jpg

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>

The event ended about 1:30 a.m. In a move to keep my Justis case from suffering the Texas rain. I pulled my Dodge Truck around and directly into SPetty's swimming pool! Now, I only admit this having consumed over a half bottle of Vodka and seeing that the press corps caught it on film. SPetty had to awaken her husband, LeeRoy (the most understanding man since Neville Chamberland) so he could get me out of the pool and back on the road.
<hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Deeman was lucky - SPetty and Leroy took out the pool a year ago, and when Dee missed the driveway by 15 feet he only drove into the mud field that used to hold the swimming pool. We spent the next 15 minutes watching him dig in deeper (I thought a 4wd was supposed to walk right through that stuff), listening to Tori saying something about "Dee never gets stuck", listening to Dee crying for Tori to bring him a cigarette (no way, it's more fun here on the dry porch), laughing, and preserving the moment for posterity:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/a8f2&amp;.dnm=c4b7.jpg

BTW, here's a group shot of CCB'ers around for the finale. I'm sorry I didn't gather everyone together sooner, I think the guest book showed we had over 20 attendees. From left to right, ryushen21, Chopstick, SPetty, SpiderMan, CeeBee, Shin, Tony, and Deeman2 (before he got muddy):
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/a8f2&amp;.dnm=a961.jpg

What a night!

Spiderman

Perk
11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Sounds like you all had some fun out west. Thanks for the writeup and pics.

BTW: Speaking of the Chili. A couple years ago, wasnt there some talk of a contest involving chili? Seems like I recall something about Spiderman or someone having the best chili recipe? Is my memory failing me?

Deeman2
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Sounds like you all had some fun out west. Thanks for the writeup and pics.

BTW: Speaking of the Chili. A couple years ago, wasnt there some talk of a contest involving chili? Seems like I recall something about Spiderman or someone having the best chili recipe? Is my memory failing me?
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Damn, Perk, You do have a good memory! Yes, now that I have tasted Spiderman's fare, I know it will be a close contest but will put mine up the next time we meet (probably Dallas to rob a calcutta, just joking, well, maybe not!)

His was good, mind you. I just think chili is w/o beans. I mean, 'ain't that bean soup? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif</font color>

Deeman
Thanks for the pics. I'll never live the stuck thing down... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SPetty
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Howdy Deeman,

Nice post. Glad to hear you made it home. You neglected to mention that it was ryushen21 that knocked me off of my winner's side high horse into the loser's side, without even the obligatory "let the hostesss win one"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The CCBers that attended were PoolFool, ryushen21, Deeman, Sid_Vicious, Spiderman, Chopstick, ceebee and me. (I hope nineball33 is OK - he was a no show and I haven't heard from him...)

Spiderman made his way out here without a map this time! I guess he can now be considered a "regular"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman went over and above and beyond and really outdid himself and anyone else around by making patches and plaques and prizes with graphics and twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif (in honor of Thanksgiving coming up... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) It was cool.

Deeman made a really great winner's shirt for that out-of-town ringer Chopstick - with all kinds of logos and graphics on it. It even had a patch of "Wally's World", a mostly red USA... He also brought special framed versions of different winner's prizes - I got the one that said I shoot like a girl... (yeah, rub it in!) But there was one for every event that we had anticipated playing. He brought shoulder patches, which none of us really put on, but the second sheet of shoulder patches were cut up to create markers so that we could keep our place on the challenge table when the table was open for play.

Sometimes it takes the involvement of other people to learn more about your family members than you ever knew. For example, if it hadn't been for one of the unlucky ill-fated guests, I never would have learned that Molly the Wonder Dog knows how to pick out the people she trips in order to lap up spilled Bailey's Irish Cream! One of the guests, who shall remain nameless, was drinking some Bailey's over ice. Well... I never knew how much Molly liked Baileys, but she apparently likes it enough to trip the person carrying it so that the Bailey's spills all over the front porch, where only a dog would lap it up! The aforementioned unlucky guest then picked up the cup that still had a few sips of the Bailey's in and placed it in a nearby trash can. After Molly lapped up all the spill that she could, also getting out months worth of dirt and sand and chicken poo, she wandered around until no one was watching and stuck her head in the trash can to finish off the rest of that Bailey's! I just never knew that about her!

We took out the pool about four months ago. PoolFool calls the area the crop circle, but until we figure out what we're going to do with that area, when it rains it turns into a swamp. It rained Friday and Saturday.

So as for Dee's foray into the crop circle swamp area - it might not be all his fault. Fall started this past weekend (it lasts about two weeks here), and a lot of the leaves on the trees had fallen to the ground. So the driveway and the crop circle swamp area were both covered with leaves that had fallen that day. It was late and it was dark, and Dee had never actually driven around the circle before, and his eyes were full of tears of sorrow and humiliation for having lost to that out-of-town ringer Chopstick, so I can see that it might be hard to distinguish the difference between an asphalt driveway and a crop circle swamp area. So he drove smack dab into the swamp. Buried up to his axles. Actually based on the ruts left behind, he was probably deeper than that! I think we all learned a lesson about how to get a four wheel drive truck out of axle deep mud, but not without first waking up LeRoy to get him out with the tractor!

ryushen21, I wish you well in your studies in Spain. You're such a good kid, as is Shin. (haha, y'all sure have me fooled!) Let us know when you're back in town and we'll do this again!

I hope everyone had a good time and I truly hope y'all come back again!

Rich R.
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif (in honor of Thanksgiving coming up... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) It was cool. <hr /></blockquote>
SPetty, you dusted off one of my few remaining memory cells with this.
Now, I'm just sitting on the "group W bench", waiting for someone to determine if I'm "moral enough". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif (in honor of Thanksgiving coming up... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) It was cool. <hr /></blockquote>
SPetty, you dusted off one of my few remaining memory cells with this.
Now, I'm just sitting on the "group W bench", waiting for someone to determine if I'm "moral enough". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

HUH???

Barbara~~~missing something here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> HUH???

Barbara~~~missing something here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, your too young.

Now, isn't that the best news you've had all day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
11-22-2004, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> BTW: Speaking of the Chili. A couple years ago, wasnt there some talk of a contest involving chili? Seems like I recall something about Spiderman or someone having the best chili recipe? Is my memory failing me?
<hr /></blockquote>Obviously, you're thinking about the first time Spiderman showed up at PettyPoint with his great chili (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=69149&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2004, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> HUH???

Barbara~~~missing something here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It's the lyrics to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie, the second LP I ever bought.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
...It even had a patch of "Wally's World", a mostly red USA...

<font color="red">I saw the pic and could almost read the words. I thought that's what it said. So I guess I was there in spirit anyway. </font color>

...Buried up to his axles....

<font color="blue">LMAO

been there, done that </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
11-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, it sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could have been there. I did not think Chopstick was going to get the tickets so soon after this idea was laid out on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats Chopstick.

eg8r

Barbara
11-22-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
It's the lyrics to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie, the second LP I ever bought. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh I get it now!!

We have U of Penn's radio station (WXPN) that plays "Alice's Restaurant" in its entirety every Thanksgiving at noon.

Barbara

Rich R.
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
We have U of Penn's radio station (WXPN) that plays "Alice's Restaurant" in its entirety every Thanksgiving at noon. <hr /></blockquote>
In my best Arlo voice, "You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice. " /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Deeman2
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> You neglected to mention that it was ryushen21 that knocked me off of my winner's side high horse into the loser's side, without even the obligatory "let the hostesss win one"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="blue"> Didn't want to give the young "Whipersnaper" the pleasure. (I have no idea what a whipersnaper is! but they got 'em in Texas!) Gaby Hayes 1934 </font color>

The CCBers that attended were PoolFool, ryushen21, Deeman, Sid_Vicious, Spiderman, Chopstick and me. <font color="blue"> ceebee!!! </font color> (I hope nineball33 is OK - he was a no show and I haven't heard from him...) <font color="blue"> Nineball33 P.M.ed me expressing his doubts about making it but too late, I'd left for the Point! He's o.k. just young and restless and believes he can beat me even.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Spiderman made his way out here without a map this time! I guess he can now be considered a "regular"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="blue">It is a wonder with that Whitehaven High School Diploma they handed him! Still a little rivalry after thirty plus years...talk about the Democrats rage!!! </font color>

Deeman went over and above and beyond <font color="blue"> Thank you for those kind words. Will you name the crop circle after me now? Dee's Bog? Deeman all cranked up and three and a half feet deep. Hey, most gamblers get "stuck" on occasion! </font color> It was cool. <font color="blue"> That it was my lady! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Deeman made a really great winner's shirt for that out-of-town ringer Chopstick - with all kinds of logos and graphics on it. It even had a patch of "Wally's World", a mostly red USA... He also brought special framed versions of different winner's prizes - I got the one that said I shoot like a girl... (yeah, rub it in!) <font color="blue"> You did not shoot like a girl when I was watching. Unless it was a WPA "girl". </font color> But there was one for every event that we had anticipated playing. He brought shoulder patches, which none of us really put on, but the second sheet of shoulder patches were cut up to create markers so that we could keep our place on the challenge table when the table was open for play. <font color="blue">A great idea, I wish I had thought of that, SPetty did. </font color>

Sometimes it takes the involvement of other people to learn more about your family members than you ever knew. For example, if it hadn't been for one of the unlucky ill-fated guests, I never would have learned that Molly the Wonder Dog knows how to pick out the people she trips in order to lap up spilled Bailey's Irish Cream! One of the guests, who shall remain nameless, was drinking some Bailey's over ice. Well... I never knew how much Molly liked Baileys, but she apparently likes it enough to trip the person carrying it so that the Bailey's spills all over the front porch, where only a dog would lap it up! The aforementioned unlucky guest then picked up the cup that still had a few sips of the Bailey's in and placed it in a nearby trash can. After Molly lapped up all the spill that she could, also getting out months worth of dirt and sand and chicken poo, she wandered around until no one was watching and stuck her head in the trash can to finish off the rest of that Bailey's! I just never knew that about her! <font color="blue">Molly is a wise old bird (dog, bird dog, what the heck, she's pretty sharp); didn't fall for my laser. </font color>

We took out the pool about four months ago. PoolFool calls the area the crop circle, but until we figure out what we're going to do with that area, when it rains it turns into a swamp. It rained Friday.

So as for Dee's foray into the crop circle swamp area - it might not be all his fault. Fall started this past weekend (it lasts about two weeks here), and a lot of the leaves on the trees had fallen to the ground. So the driveway and the crop circle swamp area were both covered with leaves that had fallen that day. It was late and it was dark, and Dee had never actually driven around the circle before, and his eyes were full of tears of sorrow and humiliation for having lost to that out-of-town ringer Chopstick, so I can see that it might be hard to distinguish the difference between an asphalt driveway and a crop circle swamp area. So he drove smack dab into the swamp. Buried up to his axles. Actually based on the ruts left behind, he was probably deeper than that! I think we all learned a lesson about how to get a four wheel drive truck out of axle deep mud, but not without first waking up LeRoy to get him out with the tractor! <font color="blue"> Friends make excuses for drunk friends...Thanks, I owe LeRoy one. </font color>

ryushen21, I wish you well in your studies in Spain. You're such a good kid, as is Shin. <font color="blue">Both will be exceptional players... </font color> ( Let us know when you're back in town and we'll do this again! <font color="blue"> Matt, one pocket, my place, anytime, unless you wait until I'm on social security.... </font color>

I hope everyone had a good time and I truly hope y'all come back again! <font color="blue">

You're gonna invite me back????? Thank-you, you were so nice to all of us until I discovered you're just another pool bum like us, with an understanding husband and great tables, and great food, and great hugs, and an even greater ability to stay up 'til the last cowboy saddles up... </font color>

Deeman
will stalk Chopstick until his dying day...

<hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
11-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I gotta get me to one of these gatherings!!!

Now which airport do I fly into?

Barbara~~~will bring the Cabo.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Wow, what a totally awesome event. From the feral chickens(I've never seen chickens in the tops of trees before) to the christening of SPetty's new vegatable garden(plowing courtesy of DeeMan). I wanted to get closer pictures of the chickens but the way they were clucking I figured they might dive out of the trees on me and I didn't want to get razzed about ChopStick gets attacked by wild chickens.

Molly...she came up out of that trash can with that cup in her mouth like hahah! Her tail went up in the air and her ears were up and she was taking off trotting away with it. I was afraid she would eat the whole cup so I happened to catch her and take it away from her.

I don't have any idea how I wound up winning. I didn't have any notions about doing that but when I saw that red shirt I just wanted it. I guess that's what did it. My match with Spiderman wasn't a pool match it was more like a fight. He'd been playing pro speed all day. I believe I've had enough of him for a while. I don't even remember what happened with DeeMan. I just remember looking at the last nine ball thinking "How'd this happen? Hurry up and make it before you screw up."

I missed my chili for breakfast this morning. I got my new BreakRak installed and it 's working great. I'm getting exactly the results I want now.

Thank Ya'll for inviting me. The shirt is hanging in a place of honor in my pool room.

ryushen21
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I think that i might object to being called a "whipersnapper." "Punk" would be far more acceptable!

Spetty, what can i say? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to whoop ya. It just kind of happened that way. Please don't take me off the invite list.

For those of you that missed it, one of the players out there, or maybe it was just a stupid shot that i made, switched me out of english and into Spanish. That really is a sight you have to see for yourself.

Deeman, after your "neutralizer" shot, i think i may be too scared to ever play one pocket again. By the way, you have to teach me how to do that shot. And thanks for the compliment, i just hope that i can live up to it.

I have to say that i am gonna miss the PettyPoint get togethers while i am abroad. But i'll make it back as soon as i can once i return stateside.

As is par for all PP events, great pool with a world class crowd. I love being able to go out there shoot great pool and have a good time.

And remember, you guys may have to enlist the translation services of Harold Acosta or one of the other Spanish speaking CCBer's when i start posting in Spanish.

Until the next time i see all you guys again, long days, pleasant nights, and great pool every time you're at the table.

Deeman2
11-22-2004, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Wow, what a totally awesome event. From the feral chickens(I've never seen chickens in the tops of trees before) to the christening of SPetty's new vegatable garden(plowing courtesy of DeeMan). <font color="blue"> You had to bring that up. again!!</font color> I wanted to get closer pictures of the chickens but the way they were clucking I figured they might dive out of the trees on me and I didn't want to get razzed about ChopStick gets attacked by wild chickens. <font color="blue"> If a rabbit can attack a sitting President (Carter) in a boat in the middle of a lake, the chickens just might get you. </font color>

Molly...she came up out of that trash can with that cup in her mouth like hahah! Her tail went up in the air and her ears were up and she was taking off trotting away with it. I was afraid she would eat the whole cup so I happened to catch her and take it away from her. <font color="blue">I was going to re-name you "Dances with Dogs" but you and Molly developed a close relationship quickly, a little too quickly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Was the Dog in on the game? I know we were both looking for advice from a higher authority about midnight. Tori bet me $20 that we'd all be on Jerry Springer before the decade is out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

I don't have any idea how I wound up winning. <font color="blue"> You shot the balls in the pocket, then proceeded to get position, then repeated the process many times over, great win. </font color> I didn't have any notions about doing that but when I saw that red shirt I just wanted it. I guess that's what did it. <font color="blue"> I don't care what Spiderman thought about my making the shirt for myself, I thought it was a perfect fit. Besides, you can tell potential mates you lost 100 lbs. recently. </font color> My match with Spiderman wasn't a pool match it was more like a fight. He'd been playing pro speed all day. I believe I've had enough of him for a while. I don't even remember what happened with DeeMan. <font color="blue"> Me either, I'd like to just claim a truck ran me over but it was still parked outside, not in the mud... </font color> I just remember looking at the last nine ball thinking "How'd this happen? Hurry up and make it before you screw up." <font color="blue"> I just learned when Chopstick gets that look in his eyes, you be dead money.... </font color>

I missed my chili for breakfast this morning. I got my new BreakRak installed and it 's working great. I'm getting exactly the results I want now. <font color="blue"> ceebee's book looked great. He let me have a half hour pre-publicatrion look at it. I'm gonna do a post on what I thought when I sober up.
</font color>
Thank Ya'll for inviting me. The shirt is hanging in a place of honor in my pool room. <font color="blue"> You made strong committments to wear it to the U.S Open. We will not forget.... </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for help making the weekend great, Chopstick.

Deeman

Eric.
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Some people have way to much fun...

Eric &gt;envy

Eric.
11-22-2004, 04:11 PM
wasn't it "just around the back, 1/2 mile near the railroad track"?

Eric

SpiderMan
11-22-2004, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> wasn't it "just around the back, 1/2 mile near the railroad track"?

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half-a-mile from the railroad track ...

SpiderMan

SPetty
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>We have U of Penn's radio station (WXPN) that plays "Alice's Restaurant" in its entirety every Thanksgiving at noon.<hr /></blockquote>And you know the significance of that, right?

Barbara
11-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Uh, 'cause it happened on Thanksgiving Day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Rich R.
11-23-2004, 04:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Uh, 'cause it happened on Thanksgiving Day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

NO, NO, NO! You missed the whole point. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We're here to talk about the draft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not to get political, but if some people have their way, a new generation will be learning this song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Deeman2
11-23-2004, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Not to get political, but if some people have their way, a new generation will be learning this song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Naw, never happen. Hey, I remember, through the Vodka induced fuzz, a picture of all three of the Memphis boys was made by SPetty or someone. I hope this picture survived as I want one.

By the way. I just made me a replica of the Winner's Shirt but in another color (to protect Chopstick's claim to fame) with a 2nd place decal (microscopic in size) so I'd not feel I didn't get something to hold the moment. I can make Spiderman a copy if he wants but I need that photo if it exists.

Spiderman, did my boy, Tony, get you guys back to Dallas before dawn? or did he worship ceebee all night?

In the future, I'd like all of us to meet at a pool hall in maybe Dallas for an already existing tournament, SPetty being the only woman with us (apologies to my wife) but only the "players" that are adicted to pool. Maybe in the Spring or Summer. Spiderman can pick an event. We don't do any of the work, but reap the rewards. We don't hear, "Are you finished yet?" This idea, if it flys later, in no way precludes SPetty from inviting any of us back for a PettyPoint meet. It's just that a tournament limits player's time at the table and while it was all great, her normal "Challenge" format may be more appropriate for the setting.

Thanks for the Memories...Bing Crosby

Deeman</font color>

SpiderMan
11-23-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Not to get political, but if some people have their way, a new generation will be learning this song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Naw, never happen. Hey, I remember, through the Vodka induced fuzz, a picture of all three of the Memphis boys was made by SPetty or someone. I hope this picture survived as I want one.

By the way. I just made me a replica of the Winner's Shirt but in another color (to protect Chopstick's claim to fame) with a 2nd place decal (microscopic in size) so I'd not feel I didn't get something to hold the moment. I can make Spiderman a copy if he wants but I need that photo if it exists.

Spiderman, did my boy, Tony, get you guys back to Dallas before dawn? or did he worship ceebee all night?

In the future, I'd like all of us to meet at a pool hall in maybe Dallas for an already existing tournament, SPetty being the only woman with us (apologies to my wife) but only the "players" that are adicted to pool. Maybe in the Spring or Summer. Spiderman can pick an event. We don't do any of the work, but reap the rewards. We don't hear, "Are you finished yet?" This idea, if it flys later, in no way precludes SPetty from inviting any of us back for a PettyPoint meet. It's just that a tournament limits player's time at the table and while it was all great, her normal "Challenge" format may be more appropriate for the setting.

Thanks for the Memories...Bing Crosby

Deeman</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

I'll make you a CD of all the pictures.

We can meet in Dallas for a well-attended tournamemt 'most any Friday night. Tony got us home by about 3:30, we talked a little but Chopstick fell asleep in the back seat.

Tony came out to my league get-together last night, and we played until about midnight. I think he's going to join up and shoot out of Rack Daddy's on Abrams. He auditioned with the left-handed team.

SpiderMan

SPetty
11-23-2004, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I'll make you a CD of all the pictures.<hr /></blockquote>Me too, please.

Can you post the one with the three amigos?

Deeman2
11-23-2004, 11:49 AM
You Da Man! Or at least The Spiderman!!!

Thanks,

Deeman

SpiderMan
11-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Don't have the CD with me today, but yes, I will.

SpiderMan