PDA

View Full Version : BD Melissa Herndon article

Wally_in_Cincy
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Melissa Herndon article is on BD front page

I think Melissa is a wonderful lady, a great pool player, and a beautiful woman.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/current_issue/dec_04/Web.Melissa2.jpg

PQQLK9
11-23-2004, 05:35 PM
me too

crawdaddio
11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Absolutely

~DC

Rich R.
11-24-2004, 04:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I think Melissa is a wonderful lady, a great pool player, and a beautiful woman. <hr /></blockquote>
I had the pleasure of meeting Melissa a couple of years ago.
You are correct, on all counts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't wait to get my BD and read the story.

9 Ball Girl
11-24-2004, 07:51 AM
If you're a desperado like me, then you'd read it here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/current_issue/dec_04/) and then again when you get the mag!

Wendy&lt;---thinks MH is hot!

9 Ball Girl
11-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Wally, I like this one of her better:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/current_issue/dec_04/Web.melissa.lead.jpg

Hot!

Rich R.
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> If you're a desperado like me, then you'd read it here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/current_issue/dec_04/) and then again when you get the mag!

Wendy&lt;---thinks MH is hot! <hr /></blockquote>
OK, so you caught me. I have my favorite set for the CCB forums and I skip the front page. There, I said it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I did have to take a short break from my work and read the story. Very nice, and a hot picture too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I met Melissa at VF a couple of years ago. She is a very nice young lady and I wish her the best. One thing is for sure. BD will NOT overlook her again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Melissa in CA
11-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Awwww shucks...you guys! You're making me blush... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was very worried about the tone of the article. I don't want people to think that I am perpetually angry and whiny at the world or BD...it is more about that one article from last Xmas being a very sore subject with me...LOL.

I very much appreciate BD's interest in me...and my thanks to them for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself to the rest of the billiards community.

Anyhow...thanks again for all the "hot" comments! A girl can't get too many of those....LOL. You guys are the best!!!!

Love - Mel

tateuts
11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Melissa impresses me both on and off the table.

What few people know is how hard working and responsible Melissa is in her job. She manages a healthy sized organization in an industry that is challenging to manage.

I respect her for excellence in not one, but two chosen careers.

Chris

9 Ball Girl
11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Melissa in CA:</font><hr> Anyhow...thanks again for all the "hot" comments!<hr /></blockquote>HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Wendy&lt;---too much time on my hands? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

crawdaddio
11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Merry Christmas, indeed................. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~DC

Stretch
11-24-2004, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Melissa impresses me both on and off the table.

What few people know is how hard working and responsible Melissa is in her job. She manages a healthy sized organization in an industry that is challenging to manage.

I respect her for excellence in not one, but two chosen careers.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Boy that says a lot dosn't it. Remarkable woman! St.

Chris Cass
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Melissa in CA:</font><hr> Awwww shucks...you guys! You're making me blush... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was very worried about the tone of the article. I don't want people to think that I am perpetually angry and whiny at the world or BD...it is more about that one article from last Xmas being a very sore subject with me...LOL.

I very much appreciate BD's interest in me...and my thanks to them for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself to the rest of the billiards community.

Anyhow...thanks again for all the "hot" comments! A girl can't get too many of those....LOL. You guys are the best!!!!

Love - Mel

<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Melissa,

After reading the post. I thought to myself, that's funny, I find all women are beautiful. I'm serious about that. I see beauty in all women, in some way or another. Even if they don't flip my switches, in a way of speaking.

I remember going to one of my first dances at school. I had asked this girl to dance with me. She hadn't been dancing with anyone the entire night as I wasn't either. I was kind of embarressed about not being able to dance very well. Also, kind of shy.

I finally got up the courage to ask her and she said yes. It was nearly the end of the night and all I did was hang out with my buddies. They later asked me why I asked her to dance? A few of the others were just plain mean about it, making fun of me. I told them all that she was really nice. I then asked them if they ever talked to her. Of couse, they never did and shut up too. See, I'm was no prize package either at that age.

I never thought much about the public personna till, someone once brought it up about Danny Basavich(sp)and ESPN coverage. Now, after reading your article. It seems there's more to it then just one persons beliefs of what the the press assumme the public wants. I don't agree with any of that. It's not what I want. I like to see the game played well and by whom ever.

Anyway, didn't realise you posted here. I do recognize your puter name. I think your a very attractive woman Melissa. That's coming from a happily married man. You go girl.

Regards,

C.C.

Melissa in CA
11-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Thank you Chris. It can be difficult to balance an office career and pool...but I do my best!

See you soon!

Melissa

Melissa in CA
11-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Chris - Thank you for that story. Of course, us women know that men like you exist out there....but it can be so find them! As for the press/media....they will continue to perpetuate the "beautiful = skinny" ideal as long as the majority of the public continues to buy into it. I accept that...and simply choose to surround myself with people who like/love me no matter what I look like...instead of getting upset and raging against the system. Of course, there are instances when it can be frustrating because society makes you feel like a second-class citizen...but I can't change who I am in order to conform to other peoples' ideals.

And while I do read the posts here all the time - I very rarely post. There are so many posts that I find it hard to keep up unless I spend all my time here....LOL.

All the best - Melissa

P.S. Congratulations on being happily married! In this day and age...it is great to find a couple who can stay happy and devoted to each other!

Chris Cass
11-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks Melissa,

The problem is I don't think it's the public that demands this sort of stuff. I think it's the industries thoughts only. That's bull. I remember how the airline stewardess' had to conform to a certain weight and height requirements and also the modeling industry too. They finally got a clue after yrs of this abusive control. These people have to wake up. imho Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It shouldn't have any factor in our sport. I do believe we all should dress to a certain crisp style, when in the public view. I don't think that a clean well groomed look is asking too much of any of the pros. Also, the main amature events. jmho

Regards,

C.C.~~my wife doesn't see too well herself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif