PDA

View Full Version : FL ccbers...

landshark77
11-23-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm going to the Broward/ Miami-Dade area next week and was wondering what to pack clothes wise. I looked the weather up but it is getting cold here on the east coast and really, I have forgotten what 77 degrees feels like. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Plus how cold is the air conditioning down there? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm hoping you folks could give me a clue. Thanx. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-24-2004, 03:15 AM
Whenever I travel to Florida in the winter months I always pack one heavy winter weight jacket, and take some hooded zip up heavy sweaters, and slacks as well as shorts. If you take only summer clothing you will freeze in the restraurants. If they have a cold snap, it can get pretty chilly near the ocean.
Enjoy your trip /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Chopstick
11-24-2004, 07:17 AM
There's supposed to be a front moving through this weekend that's supposed to cool things down. It's 70s to low 80s in the day and 60s at night. The last front took it to high 50s at night. I wear a light jacket at most this time of year. It has been colder this year than it has been. Normally we are wearing shorts at night through December. Air conditioning, sun glasses, and umbrellas are things we take very seriously down here. Most women I know bring a sweater to the restaurants.

If the front brings rain with it it could get cool. Down around Miami it's always pretty mild. It's never been below freezing in the last ten years. Our winter starts for real in late Janurary.

As I like to tell my northern friends "Man we had a really hard winter last year. It was cold on both days."

landshark77
11-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanx alot Gayle and Chopstick! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif