PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dial Up users

Rod
11-23-2004, 08:23 PM
What ISP do you favor? Do you have a service or splitter of some sort that notifies you of an incomming call when online? The puter has a V92 modem. Oh and how is service? I know speed is directly related to distance from phone company. What have you?

Rod

landshark77
11-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey Rod,

At home I use MSN...I've had them for years and I like them Ok..never really had a problem. I do not have an incoming call notification. Huh, with the ammount of time I spend on the net maybe I should. But then again, do I wanna talk to who ever is calling me??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rod
11-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks, LS

Look at this, here are features available.

This first one is NetZero
1 = Requires V.92 access number, V.92 modem, compatible modem-on-hold software and call waiting service. V.92 access numbers not available in all NetZero service areas.

2 = AOL 8.0 provides a call alert service that indicates a call is incoming for an additional charge of $3.95 per month.

3 = MSN 8.0 provides a call alert service that indicates a call is incoming at no additional charge.

It appears they offer it at no charge. It says MSN 8 though.
I see MSN 9 shown on microsofts web site but no mention of 8. Maybe it's available on 9 and you have to ask. One thing for sure their not going to call you. LOL

Just searching for ISP's and solutions.

Rod

Rod
11-24-2004, 10:59 AM
For your info, MSN does have call notification. First you must have call waiting through your phone provider. Then you need a V92 Modem in the computer. What happens is it puts the modem on hold while on the net so you can take the call.

I have V92 but I won't pay rediculious charges for call waiting. It's such a simple service but the phone company is very proud of their service. LOL

Rod