PDA

View Full Version : Cream reunion? ! yeah mon!

nAz
11-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Clapton's Cream reunion?

Eric Clapton is reported to be reuniting his '60s trio Cream.

Billboard.com claims that Clapton will reunite with drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce for a week of gigs at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005.

The group played their final show together at the London venue in 1968 before briefly reforming to play at the 1993 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony.

Cream released three albums during their three years together, 1966's "Fresh Cream", "Disraeli Gears" in 1967 and "Wheels Of Fire" in 1968, plus the posthumous "Goodbye" in 1969.

Billboard.com adds that rehearsals are expected to begin in the new year and that it is not yet known if the week-long residency might lead to further dates or even a tour.

In 1997 Bruce said: "Cream was a great, hardworking band [...] and those original live albums were very good, probably the best records of their kind up to that point."

"Our studio recordings were probably more important, although there you can tell that each one of us had a different idea of what Cream should be."

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1116/3923664.jpg

dg-in-centralpa
11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Cream was one of my favorite bands from that era. My question is.. what kind of music will they play? Like they used to, or new music?

DG - interesting to hear what they do

nAz
11-24-2004, 02:24 PM
good question I would like to hear the old stuff as well as anything new they may put together, but if they lip sync i'll throw up!

9 Ball Girl
11-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah! One of my favorite groups! Hey nAzee, remember our night at the Eric Clapton concert? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif