PDA

View Full Version : Pool cues Stolen!!!

crawdaddio
11-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Some motherf#$%@r walked into my apartment and stole my cue case today---ON THANKSGIVING!!! They got a 59" bocote Zyler (my baby) and a scruggs sneaky pete. I am about to cry. I plead with anyone on this board that has acces to a zyler for sale to PLEASE send me a PM ASAP and let me know what you want for it. I need to replace it as it is the best cue I have ever touched. I wasn't ever going to have to buy another cue again......I liked it that much. Dirty, rotten, no good sums of bitc@#$!!!! I don't understand it.........stereo, computer, drum set, TV, tons of good stuff here, and ALL THEY TOOK WERE TWO POOL CUE CASES (one empty)!!!! Man, this sucks. Man this sucks, man this SUCKS.......Again, please let me know if anyone has a ZYLER (JC, you out there?) Also if anyone has a scruggs sneaky pete, I am your man. Let me know, please. Man this sucks..........yup, it SUCKS. I would say I feel better now, after venting, but I don't. Did I mention how much it SUCKS to be me right now?
Sorry for the public ranting cry babyism.

Peace
~DC

P.S. I posted this at AZ as well.

trailboss
11-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear that. It was done by a pool fanatic that likes Zyler cues for sure. Look around at people you hang with. A typical theif would have taken the stereo not cues! A professional theif would have taken everything in the house!

Pizza Bob
11-25-2004, 09:53 PM
crawdaddio:
It would help if we knew what part of the country you are from, then people in that area could keep an eye out at there local rooms. Have you played with any strangers in the last couple weeks? Not to make light of your plight, but you said, "...walked right in...", when I went to your profile to see where you were geographically it says that you're a locksmith!?!? Good luck. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

wantsumrice
11-26-2004, 01:09 AM
Extremely good idea! All for one, one for all /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jimmy B
11-26-2004, 01:59 AM
This story just doesn't sound right, it has to be an inside job, friend, or pool player. Who the hell would even thing to take cues, most pawn shops would only give $15 for a cue no matter who made it. I smell somthing fishy here. I would sneak around all the pool halls tomorrow and get the word out (hint reward) I would also check the pawn shops and bars. I once had a friend get his cue stolen and we found it 6 months later on a wall rack in a bar.

JB

PQQLK9
11-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Yea that really sucks. Sorry to hear about it.
I would file a police report and hope.
Do you have homeowners or renters insurance?

woody_968
11-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear that! Since they only took the cues and cases it was either someone that likes pool or some kids that just grabbed something that was easy to carry and the cases just happend to be it. I actually would lean towards the second one.

Like others have said, check the pawn shops and local places to play. A friend of mine had his cues stolen and I found them a couple months later at a pawn shop.

I know how it feels. I went to my car one night several years ago and found that someone had taken my cues. A couple of months later one of my friends called me at home and said some guy was in the pool room playing with my cue! I went down to the room and got all my cues and my case back. He said some guy had sold them to him for $10 so I gave him $10 and said I was taking my cues back /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope they turn up for you.

Woody

crawdaddio
11-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks to all for your sympathies, it is much appreciated.

First---The door was unlocked(don't ask why) so I guess it was partailly my own da@# fault.
Second---I didn't have any kind of insurance that would cover them.
Third---I don't think it was anyone that knows me and my cues, simply because there is only a pretty small poolplaying community here (Champaign\Urbana, IL) and I can't think of anyone that knows where I live that would do this to me.
Fourth---It also seems odd that if someone (a theif or punk kid) was just checking doors to try to steal something that they would try mine. I live on the third floor up a rickity set of wooden steps. It just doesn't make sense.

All I know is that my cues are probably gone forever, and I need to try to replace 'em. So again, if anyone has a line on a Zyler or a Scruggs sneaky, PLEASE let me know.

JC--Would you please PM me with Kerry's phone # and email addy, I seem to have lost 'em.~~~Thanks

Thanks again everybody
~DC

crawdaddio
11-26-2004, 07:32 AM
BTW-
Here's a link to some bad pictures of the cues..........

http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=5258&highlight=tools

~DC