PDA

View Full Version : For Gayle...more problems...

wolfdancer
11-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Have you ever wondered why you took "that" shot?...when you knew it was the wrong strategy?
Well, surfing the net today, I may have found the answer:

"Alien Hand Syndrome"...talk about your right hand not knowing what the left is doing...

Alien Hand Syndrome is an unusual mental disorder in which one of the sufferer's hands seems to take on a life of its own.
An Alien Hand sufferer can feel normal sensation in the hand, but believe that it is not part of their body and that they have no control over its movements. Alien hands can perform complex acts such as undoing buttons or removing clothing.(For instance,mine keeps smacking me in the head after I shoot.) Sometimes the sufferer will not be aware of what the hand is doing until it is brought to his or her attention. Sufferers of "Alien Hand" will often personify the rogue limb, for example believing it "possessed" by some intelligent spirit, and may fight or punish it in an attempt to control it.
It's caused by injury to the corpus callosum, which connects the right and left hemispheres...which might explain why I'm never in my right mind when I play.
Too bad I didn't know about this as a teen, the time my Mom came into the bedroom unexpectedly..... I could have been saying "Oh my God, stop doing that!"...instead of her

Gayle in MD
11-28-2004, 02:06 AM
LOL, too funny. Well, I guess we can add that to our list of pool diseases huh?

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
11-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Two old spinsters were spending the afternoon at a matinee, when one leaned over and whispered "Mae, this man next to me is playing with himself". "That's disgusting", replied her horrified companion, "Let's move". "We can't, he's using my hand!!".

SpiderMan