PDA

View Full Version : pay per view question

cueball1950
05-20-2002, 08:03 PM
if some one with enough money, brains and guts to take a chance wanted to do pay per view of the finals and semi's of a major tournament, say like the open, would you pay to see it and how much is the most you would pay...was just curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mike

Tom_In_Cincy
05-20-2002, 08:10 PM
I am paying Accustats $30 plus shipping right now.. and I also get to hear commentators that can easily relate to and explain what is happening on the table.

What more do you want? Commercials?

Ken
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
No commercials on PPV. It wouldn't be difficult to send the Accustats coverage out in real time rather than wait weeks to get your copy. It ought to be worth $30 per match, perhaps with the requirement that all three be bought as a package. Would they make as much as selling them weeks afterwards? How do you distribute it? Convince a thousand cable companies to carry it or just pay a lot upfront to PPV? With digital cable it shouldn't cost that much to get on PPV. I saw something offerred at $12 recently and movies are around $4. If Accustats did it they might kill their profits for delayed sales but they might make a killing.
KenCT

05-20-2002, 11:14 PM
I've never understood why Accu Stats hasn't made a bigger impact on the market. Is it just that they lack imagination? Their products are first rate now, and they have a brand name, shoot, they've even produced their own tournament! Why aren't they doing more?

05-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Thats obvious, they are way to expensive.
I watch every match of the world championship snooker for free on the bbc.
And the bbc is much better: they have much better coverage with a lot more cameras and they have better commentaters plus some nice extras between the frames.
And the snooker players are much better :-) much more proffesional too.
I did the pay per view thing of accu stats and i was very disapointed. I downloaded the us open final of 2001 and the accu stats invitational 8ball final.
All i saw was amateurs playing 9ball and 8ball plus the commentaters dont know what they are talking about.

05-22-2002, 07:09 AM
I have to agree with Malcom Snooker is King in its presentation. I followed the Embassy on line, there was more written word than there is in a monthly issue of BD. They have it all together.####

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 04:42 PM
I talked to Brady Behrman about this very issue for the US Open this year.

Costs were way too much. Accustats, wouldn't even touch it.