PDA

View Full Version : EG8R in California

Tom_In_Cincy
11-29-2004, 11:35 AM
What a plesant visit I had with Ed. He drove 120 miles from San Jose to Sacramento to visit, watch the final matches of the Sunday 9 ball tournament and play a set with me.

Ed is a great shooter, and I suspect he's even better with his own cue on more forgiving pockets. Hard Times has some very tight pockets that do get some 'getting use to'.

It was my pleasure having him there as a guest at Hard Times.

Thanks Ed, for taking the time to visit.

tateuts
11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
So when are you coming to Southern California????

eg8r
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Funny you ask...I will be in Southern Cal on Wednesday night. LOL, I should be there about 30 minutes waiting for my connecting flight to Orlando. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I should be back to California sometime around March or so, closer to San Diego. We have a plant just over the Mexican border and might be spending quite a bit of time there next year. Time will tell. The problem with my job is that I never know early enough when I will be flying, if I do know in advance it usually gets cancelled. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Hey Tom, I had a great time, and thanks for the great hospitality. The drive was not that bad, and the view is wonderful. I don't get to see the mountains and the ocean (at the same time) very often. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My play is so unpredictable, I really don't know that I would have fared any better on a more forgiving table (and I thought the Diamond Pro tables were tight /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

The only negative from the trip was getting run over by a tractor trailer. The idiot took off the front end of my rental car. I am fortunate the company will be picking up that bill. I am editing this for a little more clarification...the accident was not as bad as it sounds, the car is still drivable, it just does not have a front bumper or a right front fender.

eg8r <~~~does not mind driving a couple hours to meet a fellow CCBer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif