PDA

View Full Version : Help...Need Cue Repair

Perk
11-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Help...Need Cue Repair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a Fury Jump Break cue back at the Midwest Expo. Love it. Last night it broke on me. Actually seemed to start sliping and coming lose around the joint. I kept tighting it prior to breaking. Near the end of the night, it just wouldnt seal, nor get tight. I had a friend look at it, and it looked like shavings were coming off of it.

Well, then we started to unscrew the shaft from the butt, and the pin came right out of the shaft. I didnt do anything else. Right now I have a pin that is half way out of my shaft. What do I do?

Does Fury cover something like this? If so, who do I call to talk to? or send it to? I didnt get a receipt when I bought it at the expo.

Should i look to have someone locally repair it?

Another friend suggested I unscrew that pin totally out, put some glue or something in it, and screw it back in. I didnt want to touch it though.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas, I am pretty upset that I know have a broken/unuseable break cue for awhile.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr>

...the pin came right out of the shaft. I didnt do anything else. Right now I have a pin that is half way out of my shaft....
<hr /></blockquote>

Do you mean to say the brass insert, as opposed to the "pin"?

BTW I think poolthchr works for them

Perk
11-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes, the insert is what I was talking about. I basically is halfway coming out of the shaft. Sorry for the misuse of wording, I am not a cuemaker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
11-30-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Help...Need Cue Repair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a Fury Jump Break cue back at the Midwest Expo. Love it. Last night it broke on me. Actually seemed to start sliping and coming lose around the joint. I kept tighting it prior to breaking. Near the end of the night, it just wouldnt seal, nor get tight. I had a friend look at it, and it looked like shavings were coming off of it.

Well, then we started to unscrew the shaft from the butt, and the pin came right out of the shaft. I didnt do anything else. Right now I have a pin that is half way out of my shaft. What do I do?

Does Fury cover something like this? If so, who do I call to talk to? or send it to? I didnt get a receipt when I bought it at the expo.

Should i look to have someone locally repair it?

Another friend suggested I unscrew that pin totally out, put some glue or something in it, and screw it back in. I didnt want to touch it though.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas, I am pretty upset that I know have a broken/unuseable break cue for awhile. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sounds like you may have crossthreaded the thing putting it together, pretty hard to do with most cue joints. It is also possible you hit or damaged the end of the screw threads and that ding galled the internal threads on the shaft when you put it together. I could tell what is wring if I could see it but you may have to chase the threads on the screw and tap the internal threads then glue the assembly back together. If these terms don't sound familiar to you, take it to a pro repair person. Last thing, it could just be a piece of junk cue (never had a Fury) that came loose...</font color>

Deeman
good luck....

PQQLK9
11-30-2004, 08:53 AM
As Wally said Steve (Pooltchr) works with Fury. I suggest you PM him and I bet he will take care of it.
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it was out of stock (should be here tomorrow 12/1). I will keep an eye on the joint. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BLACKHEART
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifI've had 3 of these repairs lately. All 3 cues had quick release screws in the joint. The screw probably was cross threaded, then the glue was broken loose &amp; that's why it is sticking out of the shaft instead of the butt. Since it is cross threaded, even if you do get it out ,the threads are more than likey ruined. For the price you paid for a cheap cue, I would try to fix it yourself, because a repairman will charge more than the cue is worth. It's not Fury's fault that you cross threaded the screw &amp; they, nor any other company will stand behind it. Sorry, but next time buy a better cue &amp; stay away from quick release jointed cues...JER

Chopstick
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Call the factory. Tell them your story before you have anyone else mess with it. If it was Predator they would just give you a new one. If it was Tim Scruggs he would just tell you to get lost. That's what he told me.

Perk
11-30-2004, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEARTFor the price you paid for a cheap cue [/quote:</font><hr>

Thanks for all the advice, I will try to work with Fury to fix the issue if I can. As far as this being a cheap cue, I guess I didnt realize that it was cheap for a jump break cue. Granted its not a sledgehammer, but the prices are comparable if not higher than alot of jump breaks.

houseman
11-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Some times the way people break will break the joint loose. Do you bend the cue shaft into the cloth when you break?
I have a customer that had 3 different predator break cues break at the joint,
he breaks that way, thanks to predator they replaced every one of them.

BLACKHEART
11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifFury cues are made in Taiwan. In my opinion the fit, finish &amp; workmanship is poor. If you are comparing these cues, to other Taiwan cues for price, you are probably right. MOST of the cheap brands of cues, are all made in the same 2 factories in Taiwan. They all have the same problems. I do over 1000 repairs a year &amp; I have seen all of the brads &amp; know which ones keep coming in for repairs. These quick release jointed cues, have become a problem,UNLESS you are very carefull in putting them together...JER

pooltchr
12-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Nick,
He sent me a pm and I told him to call me at work. We will replace it, I'm sure. BTW, the container is due sometime in the next few days, so if you ordered one, it should arrive possibly late this week or early next week. Of course, if you would show up at some of my tournaments, I would have already had one in your hands!!! LOL

Oh, yea...I STILL have your CCB pins!!
Steve

pooltchr
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Jeremy,
Your cue arrived today, and this is something I haven't seen on these cues before. Regardless, I put in the order to ship you out a brand new Fury JB today. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. Sorry for the problem you encountered.
Steve

PQQLK9
12-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey Steve, I got mine today also and really like it. Nice looking cue with the leather wrap and ring work. I like the black combo phenolic ferrule /tip combo.
It breaks and jumps vely vely good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh and it even came with joint protectors.

pooltchr
12-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Cool! Did you get the Ebony with blue rings, or the cocobola with maple rings?

(STILL have your pins!)
Steve

Perk
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I would like to thank you again. It is very much appreciated, and was handled in a very timely manner. I am getting excited again, thinking I will be getting my J/B back.

&lt;--really missed it this weekend at a tourney.

PQQLK9
12-07-2004, 07:52 PM
cocobola with maple rings?(like yours) 19oz.
I got to get those pins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

trailboss
12-07-2004, 09:33 PM
I was just about to order a Scruggs cue! I have changed my mind now. I have heard of a few other Custom Cuemakers that will not stand behind their work.. Good thing its only a few of them! There are many good ones out there that will make it right! jmo