PDA

View Full Version : What do you think ?

bobroberts
11-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I started playing again after 30 years.I bought a 9 Ft. table and after 6 months I run 5 to 6 balls almost every time I pick up my cue.Problem is I feel I should be able to run a lot more.I make some shots that amaze myself and then i miss easy ones.Any suggestions? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
11-30-2004, 11:41 AM
From what little information you have provided, I will make a stab at "what I think"

Long ago in a world of younger eyes and younger legs, I too was in the same pool shot situation.

Make 5 or 6 shots and then miss an easy one... why does this seem to happen?

I learned from a fellow player (I can't say he was a friend, or even a close aquaintence) but he was a player.

He told me I needed to be consistant with each shot. Develope a pre-shot routine and use it with each shot you take. This will help reduce the shots you have become to take for granted as being "easy".

Worked for me, now I just miss the 9 ball.

DialUp
11-30-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>...now I just miss the 9 ball.<hr /></blockquote>

Classic /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif That would make a great sig /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bob_Jewett
11-30-2004, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bobroberts:</font><hr> ... I make some shots that amaze myself and then i miss easy ones.Any suggestions? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Find someone to watch how you play. It could be that you have major, major problems with your fundamentals. Or maybe you don't -- it's impossible to tell without seeing you.