PDA

View Full Version : Did Dems Run Wrong Man?

Candyman
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
If the Democrats had chosen Edwards instead of Kerry for the ticket, they could be headed to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. The swift boat vets would not have run adds, Vietnam wouldn't have been an issue and Edwards actually has a personality. I think Edwards would have been sharp enough to make domestic issues his top priority. If he could have kept the blue states Kerry got and carried NM, IA, and OH, he would have gotten 274 EV to 254EV. I think this was very achieveable. JM2C'S

Deeman2
12-01-2004, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> If the Democrats had chosen Edwards instead of Kerry for the ticket, they could be headed to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. The swift boat vets would not have run adds, Vietnam wouldn't have been an issue and Edwards actually has a personality. I think Edwards would have been sharp enough to make domestic issues his top priority. If he could have kept the blue states Kerry got and carried NM, IA, and OH, he would have gotten 274 EV to 254EV. I think this was very achieveable. JM2C'S <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Candyman,

I have to disagree here as, although he would have made a little more formitable opponent on a couple of issues, he's a trial lawyer and I don't really think a trial lawyer, especially one who doesn't come with governor credentials could be elected. His youth would have also played against him in the debates. You don't want someone (Bush) looking fatherly toward you as Cheney did in their's. I think he's an o.k. guy but he had a hard enough time with the bulldog role. Your candidate with the best chance was probably Lieberman, but he would not have carried the far left and the anit-semetics in the Democratic Party would have little of him anyway. Hillary in 2008, that's their best shot if they lean just a little further left. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif She will play it as a moderate but the record will not support this. She voted for the war so we know she was contemplating the run later, anyway. I think she will make a much stronger candidate than Kerry did but has too much baggage to carry the day, unless the Republicans take a sharp left turn before the next election of the economy gets in a down cycle. </font color>

Deeman

nhp
12-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Wesley Clark could have easily won.

Candyman
12-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Dee, I was basing my thoughts on the fact that most of the blue states weren't voting for Kerry, but voting against Bush. I think Howdy Doody could have carried those states. Even though Edwards was a trial lawyer he had a certain appeal. His roots in SC and NC were something a lot of people could relate. He had a normal family. His wife's health problems could have generated the sympathy vote. You would hope a spouses health problems couldn't get a candidate votes, but I have seen stranger things happen. If Edwards had been the man all he would have needed would have been a couple of states.

As far as Lieberman and Clark go, Lieberman was far to conservative for the Dems. He would have won hands down, but would have never gotten the nod. Clark had a flip flop problem also and wasn't in the incrowd. Lieberman is a honorable man. I don't know why he wasn't nominated. My daddy told me years ago that some things you aren't suppose to understand. I think he was right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman2
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> Dee, I was basing my thoughts on the fact that most of the blue states weren't voting for Kerry, but voting against Bush. I think Howdy Doody could have carried those states. Even though Edwards was a trial lawyer he had a certain appeal. His roots in SC and NC were something a lot of people could relate. He had a normal family. His wife's health problems could have generated the sympathy vote. You would hope a spouses health problems couldn't get a candidate votes, but I have seen stranger things happen. If Edwards had been the man all he would have needed would have been a couple of states.

As far as Lieberman and Clark go, Lieberman was far to conservative for the Dems. He would have won hands down, but would have never gotten the nod. Clark had a flip flop problem also and wasn't in the incrowd. Lieberman is a honorable man. I don't know why he wasn't nominated. My daddy told me years ago that some things you aren't suppose to understand. I think he was right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You make many good points. You are right, it certainly would have been more difficult for Bush with him at the head of the ticket. I just don't think he would have won. But good points anyway...

Deeman </font color>

Candyman
12-01-2004, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> Dee, I was basing my thoughts on the fact that most of the blue states weren't voting for Kerry, but voting against Bush. I think Howdy Doody could have carried those states. Even though Edwards was a trial lawyer he had a certain appeal. His roots in SC and NC were something a lot of people could relate. He had a normal family. His wife's health problems could have generated the sympathy vote. You would hope a spouses health problems couldn't get a candidate votes, but I have seen stranger things happen. If Edwards had been the man all he would have needed would have been a couple of states.

As far as Lieberman and Clark go, Lieberman was far to conservative for the Dems. He would have won hands down, but would have never gotten the nod. Clark had a flip flop problem also and wasn't in the incrowd. Lieberman is a honorable man. I don't know why he wasn't nominated. My daddy told me years ago that some things you aren't suppose to understand. I think he was right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You make many good points. You are right, it certainly would have been more difficult for Bush with him at the head of the ticket. I just don't think he would have won. But good points anyway...

Deeman </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Dee. I'm just confused about their thought process. I just hope they keep on thinking the same way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif