PDA

View Full Version : Young Jimmy Caras and Chick Seabeck pic

Barbara
11-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Over at AZBilliards RailbirdJAM commented on the photos on the walls at the last Joss event at Drexeline Billiards. The room owner, Bob, and I went down to visit with Jimmy and he gave us a bunch of these huge old photos of the classic players, some of them signed. On the plane ride back, we decided that Bob should have them as he was planning on framing them and hanging them up on the walls of his room. And I bet they look fantastic, too! But I kept a couple that I was particularly fascinated with. One is a rare picture of Chick Seabeck with Jimmy. Jimmy said he was in his early 20s when this was taken. This pic doesn't do the real thing any justice because you can see a fire in Jimmy's blue eyes even though the pic's in black and white.

So with a great deal of help from SPetty on how to post a pic, enjoy! Jimmy's on the left and Chick's on the right.

Barbara

http://www.newt9ball.com/images/JimmyandChick/102_0244.JPG

JimS
11-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Thank you Barbara. Nice stuff.

Barbara
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
You're welcome Jim!! But like I said, it doesn't do justice to what I'm holding. There is a real fire in Jimmy's eyes I couldn't capture while taking the picture. And any pic of Chick Seabeck is rare.

What I should really do is go to Bob's room and take pics of the framed pics we took back home.

The story Jimmy told us was, this guy from Texas had all these great pics he had blown up to like 1 1/2' x 1 1/2' size, sent them out to the subjects photographed, had them return them autographed when possible, and then sent them to Jimmy.

I've even got a big pic of the Johnston City tourny group but Jimmy, Bob, and Harley couldn't come up with all the names between them. I'll try and post that pic, too.

It'll be two years this December 3rd that Jimmy passed.

Somewhere, up there, there's one helluva "King of the Table" tourny going on.

Barbara

JimS
12-01-2004, 06:49 AM
I know I'd love to see more....now that you are expert in uploading them to the forum /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif