PDA

View Full Version : She said it with a straight face....

wolfdancer
11-30-2004, 01:02 PM
On MSNBC today, they had a rep from Sotheby's on, talking about the upcoming auction of baseball memorabilia. One item expected to sell for around a mil...was the bat that Babe Ruth hit his first home run with, at Yankee stadium, against the Red Sox.Trying to add further to it's value, she Said..................
........ " it's a great piece of Ash "........
Nobody raised an eyebrow....???

I'm asking every red-blooded Red Sox fan, to join with me, we'll contribute $1 each, and secure the winning bid.
Afterwards, at a mass ceremony at Fenway Park, we'll destroy this symbol of Yankee dominance, and along with our World Series victory....forever remove the "curse"

Wally_in_Cincy
11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Onassis paid a lot more than that for a piece of ash

wolfdancer
11-30-2004, 01:17 PM
He was a baseball fan???
Wally, I'm re-evaluating my opinion of you as a staunch right-win, religious, Republican, old guard, defender of America's morals....you sometimes just sound like a DOM...welcome to the club!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
11-30-2004, 01:19 PM
what's a DOM?

is that anything like a Guido?

wolfdancer
11-30-2004, 01:30 PM
dirty old man
just like UFO...stands for old, fat, and ugly

Chopstick
11-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Ya gotta pay for ash one way or another. Might as well be up front.

DOM also.

pooltchr
12-01-2004, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> dirty old man
just like UFO...stands for old, fat, and ugly <hr /></blockquote>

I believe the politically correct term is SSC...Sexy Senior Citizen! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
12-01-2004, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I'm asking every red-blooded Red Sox fan, to join with me, we'll contribute $1 each, and secure the winning bid.<hr /></blockquote>

hmmm..didnt know there were that many red sox fans out there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Actually, you go ahead and bid, hold it on credit, and I will send ya a buck later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

After all, I am a Tigers Fan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif