PDA

View Full Version : From the files of the Bombala Times

PQQLK9
11-30-2004, 09:59 PM
THE Billiard Tournament in Bibbenluke, for a medal presented y Mr J Whitby, is going strong, and has given this fascinating game a good fillip. A new snooker set recently put on helps to bring in much revenue.

http://bombala.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=gene ral%20news&story_id=354548&y=2004&m=12

PQQLK9
12-01-2004, 08:05 AM
I don't know what a fillip is, but I probably need one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-01-2004, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I don't know what a fillip is, but I probably need one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">me too </font color>

fil·lip ( P ) Pronunciation Key (flp)
n.
A snap or light blow made by pressing a fingertip against the thumb and suddenly releasing it.

An embellishment that excites or stimulates: “Spritely tabasco onions, just a little crunch for the top, were an added fillip” (Alison Arnett).

One that is trivial or of little importance.

<font color="blue">Nick, I have been collecting strange phrases from my British mates on the Wishbone Ash forum. Someday I will ask them to define them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<font color="red">Game show spiv

I was dead chuffed!!

motorbike prang

a blinder of a performance

a corker of a set

they played over two hours at full pelt

you sprog

we were all gobsmacked

The evening was gobsmacking.

Toodle pip fellas

a stonking version of 'Don't Come Back.'

im cool a bit knackered tho