PDA

View Full Version : C.C. vs C

Karatemom
12-01-2004, 08:33 PM
A few people have asked about this already and I figured I'd let it out of the bag now. Chris has not been posting much, at all, lately because the big C has made it's way back into our lives again!

I'm not one for long stories, so in short, we see the dr tomorrow for some direction where this is going to take us and how long.

I appreciate all the support we have had in the past and lately, we need all we can get these days.

Heide ~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

woody_968
12-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the update, I was afraid that may have been the case. Please tell CC that I am thinking of him send him my best wishes.

Hang in there, your family is loved by more people than you know.

Woody

cueball1950
12-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Heide.... you got it. tell chris i am and will be praying for him to have a speedy recovery. Afterall, he has not won the Open or even more important, he has not won the world famous CCB Tournament yet. Give him my best and tell him to keep a stiff upper lift and that we are all pulling for him.............................mike

Troy
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Heide...
Thank you for the update. Tell Chris that I will keep him, you and Spike in my prayers. He CAN beat this, and will.
Words can not describe what I am feeling.

Troy...~~~

DavidMorris
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Best wishes to C.C. and all of you. I'll say a prayer or three for you guys, and you tell Chris to hang in there. He can beat this thing again!

silverbullet
12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Keeping you and Chris and Spike in prayer. Even though I have never met Chris face to face, I know his heart and how much love and friendship he has given to so many.

I am believing he can beat this and you will have more years together. Hang in there.

Laura

stickman
12-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I suspected that there was something like this happening. It wasn't like Chris to be quiet for so long. I want to send my love, and my prayers. If I can do anything else, I will. I have a picture of you, Chris, and Spike in front of the Mueller booth, and put it on the front of my computer, so I will remember to say a prayer every day. Stay strong.
Love, Jim

Steve Lipsky
12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Heidi,

I am too choked up to write much but please hang in there. Please tell Chris that Gina and I are praying for him, and we know he has the strength to beat this again.

If you can pass a message along to Chris please tell him that he means so much to me and if there's anything we can do...

There has been too much sadness on this board.

rukiddingme
12-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Heide,
Steve and I have you guys in our prayers each and every day. I know that CC is a fighter and he'll beat this just like he did before. Stay strong and if there is anything we can do to help just call.
I'm sorry we were not able to get together this past weekend but I look forward to seeing you guys around the new year.
A big hug to you CC and Spike,
ruk

Bob
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Heide ~ You know what ever you need to call. Bob and Chris have been friends for 25 yrs and what ever it takes, you know we will be there for you.

Our love and prayers always ~

Eydie

Sid_Vicious
12-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Heidi,

I have no words right now, I am beside myself, I'll gather some balance and PM you. Tell Chris I am praying for all you guys that this is minor. I love you all.

Sid

PQQLK9
12-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Heidi, all of you are in my prayers. I have been missing my buddy.

pooljunkie73
12-02-2004, 03:36 AM
I will keep you guys in my prayers. CC had the heart to beat this once, I know he has the heart to do it again.

Kent

Rich R.
12-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Heide, we wish all the best to Chris. He has beaten this before and he can do it again.

In the meantime, be sure to take the time to take care of yourself and Spike. Chris will need both of you to be strong.

eg8r
12-02-2004, 04:13 AM
Heide, your family is always in our prayers. Chris keep up the fight, we are there for you.

eg8r

Perk
12-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Keep your spirits up as your family has been strong in the past, and can continue fighting through this.

<--prayers are with you.

DickLeonard
12-02-2004, 06:11 AM
Heide my prayers and thoughts are with your family. You know Chris is a fighter, now on to round two. Love ####

Deeman2
12-02-2004, 06:26 AM
God Bless you and Chris, again. He's a fighter and we all pray for the best outcome.

Deeman

Brian in VA
12-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Heide,
Tell Chris he already put the big C to the one loss side with his last battle. Time to knock it out completely!
I'm holding all of you in my thoughts each day, sending lots of strength to Chris. Fight hard my friend. If you all need anything, please PM me.
Much Love
Brian in VA

Vagabond
12-02-2004, 07:12 AM
I will pray for him.
Vagabond

JimS
12-02-2004, 07:21 AM
That's what I was afraid of after Burlington. Damm. Praying for all of you.

9 Ball Girl
12-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Heide, please tell Chris that he is always in my prayers as well as you and Spike. He can beat the fucker again, I know he can.

SpiderMan
12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Heidi,

I'm hoping and praying that it will be OK. I carry Chris's "special gift" every day, and can't wait until we all meet again in 'Vegas.

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
12-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Dammit /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

Be strong.

Wally

Eric.
12-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Heide & Chris,

Hoping for the best outcome.

Eric

Barbara
12-02-2004, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Heide,
Tell Chris he already put the big C to the one loss side with his last battle. Time to knock it out completely!

<font color="red">I hate these double elimination formats!!</font color>

I'm holding all of you in my thoughts each day, sending lots of strength to Chris. Fight hard my friend. If you all need anything, please PM me.
Much Love
Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto.

Barbara

Brady_Behrman
12-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Chris, My Family and I wish you the BEST of Luck! Happy Holidays!

Brady Behrman and Family

Mr Ingrate
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Heide,

Tell Chris that Joanne and I are in his corner. I know what it feels like when the cancer comes back and you're facing another battle. We wish you the best.

Stretch
12-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Heidi, we're all here for you and yours. Let our strength be with you as we beat this together. My prayers are with Chris as we wait for his return.

Love and best wishes,

William Holmes

JMD in VA
12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! I know CC is a tough nut to crack and he'll beat this thing! Keep us posted.

Rod
12-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I was afraid to ask as your post clearly states. Chris is a fighter, well your whole family is. How sad and at this time of year. Love you guys, stay strong.

Rod

Paul_Mon
12-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Take it one day at a time. The power of prayer and friendship is on your side.

Paul

cheesemouse
12-02-2004, 05:11 PM
K-mom,

Sorry to hear this news...I've got everything crossed. I hope for only the best for you and yours...Chris deserves a 'roll'...Come on Chris....

Gayle in MD
12-02-2004, 05:43 PM
So very sorry friend. Give my love to Chris, and to spike, and to you friend.

Will pm you later,
Love,
Gayle

tateuts
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Heide,

If it makes any difference, I want you to know how much I admire Chris for his ability to make us laugh and his courage in the face of this illness.

His personality just shines through the computer screen unlike anyone else, beaming with love and laughter. I have a tear in my eye. I feel like Chris is a brother and friend even though I've never met him.

I just know he'll come bouncing back here and make fun of me for crying.

Chris

Karatemom
12-02-2004, 07:58 PM
A short update:

Dr's today say things look good. It will not be cured, but it can be stopped and shrunk. He starts radiation therapy Monday and began a once a month IV treatment today which will hopefully prevent the cancer from spreading any further. He goes for a PET scan next week for more detailed stats. Spirits are a little higher today than yesterday, trying to keep things in perspective.

Everyone's wishes and prayers are so appreciated, you guys have no idea. I will never be able to thank you all enough.

Love,

Heide

Kato
12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
When I talked to Chris on Tuesday I knew it was bad. I've never heard him busted up like that. You take care of that boy Heide. I'll talk to you guys soon.

Kato

Keith Talent
12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Keep up the good fight, Chris. This place isn't the same with you on the shelf.

RedHell
12-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Heidi, please foward this to Chris,

Dude, We're deeply touched by this news. Please accept our humble support and remember that Joy and I will be sweating this match as faithfully as we sweat every match with you at the Open; with a strong belief in your capacity to win and admiration to your determination.

And for you Heidi,

We never had the chance to meet, but we think we know a great deal about you and Spike from the discussions we had with Chris. Be strong and support your man, he needs you and so does your son. Spike will look up to you on how to react, show your toughness and help them both. I strongly believe you guys have what it takes to get Chris better.

God speed !

Troy
12-02-2004, 09:12 PM
I still can not find words to describe my feelings.

You three are in my prayers each and every minute.

Troy

Angel_R
12-02-2004, 09:59 PM
A wish for a speedy recovery from the Reyes family!

NH_Steve
12-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Man I'm sorry to hear that, Chris, but we have a lot of faith in you, and that incredible family of yours!

To relate it to a One Pocket game, you might be a little behind in the count at the moment, but I know you are determined, focused and talented enough to battle back for a victory, even if your opponent needs just one and you need them all! Go get 'em, Chris!!

RUNaRAK
12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
There sure is a lot of love on this board! Nice to see all of the support that goes out in the manner of thought, prayers and other modes of support.
I have not met Chris but certianly can tell that he is the type of guy that I would like to meet. I am wishiing Chris the best and offer my prayers to you. Through prayer, all things are possible. Be strong my friend and God Bless you!

dg-in-centralpa
12-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Heide - my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

DG

Ross
12-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi Heidi,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I am thinking of Chris and you and Spike and praying and hoping for the best for all of you. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Ross

Popcorn
12-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Not much to say, just thinking about you today.

PQQLK9
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
No need to answer but just want you all to know that I'm hoping and praying and thinking about you everyday.

Leviathan
12-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Hello, Heide--I've been traveling and just found out about this. My thoughts are with with you all.

Alan