PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent "Bad American"

Tom_In_Cincy
05-20-2002, 09:15 PM
I've seen this before in the past but I find it adapts to Americanism again with what we all live around today... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was his response after telling the senators about his past contributions to children's charities and scholarship foundations which have totaled more than $13.7 million in the last 5 years!!
I'm a Bad American-
this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.
I don't care about appearing compassionate.
I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations. I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; I just don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is"-ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich. I help the poor.

I know wrestling is fake.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude. I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.

Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being than I do as a white male. If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American. But that's tough.

Ted Nugent

05-20-2002, 09:25 PM
I vote we re-title this thread :
Ted Nugent, My Hero.

stickman
05-20-2002, 09:41 PM
I watch his hunting show on the outdoor channel. He's very entertaining.

Rich R.
05-21-2002, 05:10 AM
I saw a TV interview with Ted a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, he said he never wrote this thing.
Rich R.

05-21-2002, 09:30 PM
I have a set of Ted Nugent autographed gun shooting glasses on my internet table right now..

Had the thrill of shooting with Ted on a gun range in Edmonton Alberta. The guy is funny, and very firm in his beliefs.

After the unloading of weaponry, he put on a killer show at the Coliseum. Even did the Great White Buffalo with head-dress and everything..

One of those days that still make me smile when I think about it..

Oh, yeah, judging by Ted's skill with guns, crossbows and the like, be happy he does not play serious pool.. He would be a formidable opponent.

Carson

Ralph S.
05-21-2002, 10:40 PM
I set up concerts part-time at a major night club here in town and have had the wonderful experience of working with "Terrible Ted" several times. Having a conversation with him is very enlightening as he is very opinionated and intelligent. I don't want to argue wether or not he wrote that piece, but I can say they sound very much like some of the things from some of the conversation I have had with the man. Believe it or not he is even an actual working sherriff's deputy to boot. I would highly recommend watching the re-run of VH-1's "Behind The Music" story of Ted Nugent. It is very accurate about the details and events of his life. And yes, if he were half as good with a pool cue as he is with his weaponery, we would all need 2 on the wire and the wild 7 with the break in a race to 7.
Ralph S.

05-21-2002, 11:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ralph S.:</font><hr> . I would highly recommend watching the re-run of VH-1's "Behind The Music" story of Ted Nugent.
Ralph S. <hr></blockquote>

Do I have sumthin for you.

http://www.ugo.com/channels/animation/heavy/
watch the Ted Nugent one.

WARNING: Not for kids or people who don't enjoy gross out humour. You have been warned.

Ralph S.
05-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Anonymous: I have played semi-professionally in the hard rock scene for about10 years from 84-94. Aside from working as a roadie also. Believe me when I tell you I have seen it all and met em all. Nothing surprises me and yes I looked at site upon your request. I expected nothing less....lol.
Ralph S.

SPetty
05-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Ted Nugent's web site disavows authorship, although they do love it:

http://www.tednugent.com/news/10042001.shtml

Rich R.
05-22-2002, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Ted Nugent's web site disavows authorship, although they do love it:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tednugent.com/news/10042001.shtml>http://www.tednugent.com/news/10042001.shtml</a>
<hr></blockquote>
Thanks for the verification SPetty. I know it reflects Ted's views very closely, but I did have a vague memory that he did not, in fact, write it. Rich R.

05-22-2002, 08:09 PM
i do get annoyed and upset when i see little slogans that cater to specific beliefs become a philosophy. most of the lines listed veil close-mindedness...and even worse hatred. ultimatly, Ted Nugent preeches closemindedness. he does give little sayings that sound logical to those out there with limited outlook. when seen in a more fair light all of these statements are incorrect generalizations. with the exception, maybe, of "i like the taco-bell dog". yet the implication of racial intolerance and disrespect is there. part of being respectful is respecting those with opposing viewpoints. the Ted Nugent philolosophy is based on disrespect, not some "it's ok to be a white male" stem. it is ok to be a white male.
all on this board witness serious B.S. from all ethnic groups, religions, and races. none are excempt. the white white male should not be afforded any extra...nor expect the percieved "extras" that other ethnicities recieve. if the assistance angers you then please see how absurd it is to expect a prideful sense of "white male". Nugent routinely condems and judges(his reactive quotes about the Kurt Cobain suicide are less than human, let alone humane(i am not a Nirvana fan to clarify). this is not a man to admire in any regard unless your one of the rush limbaigh types that savor regurgitated ditties. there are many people out there in our country that do need assistance. it's a shame that these people are lumped in with the "crack baby factory" stereotypes. it is logically incorrect to ever make generalized statements...unless you make specific clarifications in your statements. Mr. Nugent doesn't do this.
regardless of your beliefs, religious or otherwise..it is wrong to the core to step on other belief systems. to ascribe to a set system based on intolerance is against the american way..so ultimatly, Ted Nugent is a bad American. funny that in the name of the American Way it becomes the white American way. perhaps if you ever witness this you can better understand the frustration from thjose not white. i can relate and understand white male frustration and accept that. for note i feel that ethnic based scholorships are unfair and cause more harm than good. i believe in the constitution. i don't own a gun but i want the freedom to buy whatever gun i may want... just threw that in lest i be written off as a flaming liberal. i'm a flaming liberal by nature but when the litmus tests of gun control, welfare reform , lower taxes, and other decidedly conservative notions..i could appear reactionary. i do get to poke at other belief systems while i respect them:-) you get that oppurtunity too. goodness i typed alot..i did get angry reading this on a billiards board..
isn't this a billiards board? i do hope that political discussions are left to a differant area.
best regards,
^v^

cheesemouse
05-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Your right on the money. Ted N is just another celebrity rock star who hit bottom with drugs, booze and wild women and will do and say anything his publicist tells him just to keep his name up there. If he says enough he will contradict himself on a daily bases. When the bomb drops Ted will shoot anyone who comes on his property with his bow and arrow then he'll probably eat you.

bigalerickson
05-23-2002, 12:57 AM
Well right or wrong. His authorship true or false. I love him. Ted lives his life the way he wants to, and his terms. he is a man who knows who he is and what he stands for. not many of those left. As society, fem-nazi's, and the church, has told men that they can no longer be men. Real men. Men who are leaders, risk takers, visionaries, men who are tough. We are no longer supposed to be tough. We are just supposed to meander through life, put our 40 hours/40 years in and retire and move to Florida. We aren't supposed to take risks anymore. We are encouraged to not live on the edge where the risk is great, but so is the reward.

I encourage everyone who reads this to take a risk today. Do something you have been putting off, or don't really want to do. Maybe its quitting a crappy job. maybe its getting a job. For me its calling the girl I am absolutely in love with. Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't. But sometimes in life, its not about the outcome, but its about the process of doing.

Join me out here on the edge today. Take a risk.

MikeM
05-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Well, I tried to stay out of this one too, but I don't want to leave redwine and cheese hanging out there alone (I really love that sentence!).

Many of the statements in Tom's post, whomever wrote them, smack of bigotry. Some make no sense at all! How does not speaking English show disrepsect to our forefathers? How can you say in one sentence that you believe the constitution should not be tampered with and later say that you believe in the rights of Americans to own guns? That was granted us via an amendment to the constitution. The constitution itself allows for interpretation and change.

I agree with Redwine. People who speak in absolutes are usually either ignorant or trying to sell you something.

That being said I do agree with a few of the items; I support responsible gun ownership, (I am an avid hunter like Mr. Nugent), Dr. Seuss is a genius and I liked that stupid dog too!

MM

05-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Good Luck big Al! Just remember, today she probably doesn't, but tommorrow she might!

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Redwinebulebird.

Being "annoyed" and "upset" can motivate lots of decent people get up and do something about an issue.

Seems like there is a serious problem with our country that when there is ample sources of motivation, and still no one does anything except blame it on the "good ole boys"

I for one am tired of it all. I beleive that the next presidential election, or for that matter, all elections, should have a button or selection that reads

"NONE OF THE ABOVE"

Lets do it till we get it Correct!!

Harold Acosta
05-23-2002, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>

I've seen this before in the past but I find it adapts to Americanism again with what we all live around today... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was his response after telling the senators about his past contributions to children's charities and scholarship foundations which have totaled more than $13.7 million in the last 5 years!!
I'm a Bad American-
this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.
I don't care about appearing compassionate.
I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations. I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; I just don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is"-ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich. I help the poor.

I know wrestling is fake.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude. I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.

Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being than I do as a white male. If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American. But that's tough.

Ted Nugent

<hr></blockquote>

[b] <font color=black> AMEN!!!

Ken
05-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Ted is due to appear on CNN's Crossfire Monday at 7 pm. How appropriate for Memorial day. I hope somebody will watch because like all the pool shows that I am reminded of I will probably forget about it.
KenCT