PDA

View Full Version : Is the UN undoing itself?

Deeman2
12-02-2004, 06:50 AM
From even left wing media, everyone is starting to notice that Kofi and his crew are losing control even of their own vices (& sons). Could it be that we might just get out of this corrupt organization and let them move to the Haag?

I'm as much for a worthless, money spending, corrupt organization as the next infidel, but we really need to at least stop funding this crap...and the next time we start an organization like this let's limit it to a few thousand leaches, so, at least, the bribery and corruption is controlled a bit more.

Deeman

Chopstick
12-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Well, the League Of Nations didn't work out. Maybe it's time to reorg this one too. We have to continue with some kind of organization the will progress into a world government. The world has gotten too small to continue to cling to the tribal notions of my people and your people.

I am not suggesting utopia but we have to do something to get organized. I would like to see a world wide police force. Crime crosses borders and I think the police should too.

SpiderMan
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Well, the League Of Nations didn't work out. Maybe it's time to reorg this one too. We have to continue with some kind of organization the will progress into a world government. The world has gotten too small to continue to cling to the tribal notions of my people and your people.

I am not suggesting utopia but we have to do something to get organized. I would like to see a world wide police force. Crime crosses borders and I think the police should too. <hr /></blockquote>

Whose rules and standards do we adopt for this world-wide government? If they're not mine, I'm not interested. Fine if the euros want to step up and become responsible, but don't ask us to lay down our arms and honor and say "baaa".

SpiderMan

Chopstick
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

Whose rules and standards do we adopt for this world-wide government? If they're not mine, I'm not interested. Fine if the euros want to step up and become responsible, but don't ask us to lay down our arms and honor and say "baaa".

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

The only thing that I believe needs to laid down is the idea that we are seperate peoples. The world has become to interdependant for that outdated mode of thinking. In the early days of this country states thought of themselves more independantly than they do today. I can see the same kind of progression occuring on a larger scale.

In this country some issues are Federal and some are left to the states. There are issues that could be better addressed by a unified world government. The environment for example. One country does something that affects another country and they have no recourse. Oh they can complain about it but that can go on for years. With a world wide law and police force, they could just call the world cops and put an end to it.

I am not saying that a world government would ask us to give up anything. It would add to the quality of life everywhere.

Gayle in MD
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Some in the world think there already is a worldwide police force, and they call it the United States.....

15,000 more young men and women to be sent to Iraq, Bush still says...
"Things are going well, Freedom is on the march!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
Gayle in Md.

ceebee
12-02-2004, 10:18 PM
The United Nations should have become a JUNK YARD DOG, instead of a begging, crooked and impotent money sink. Our government knew and knows the trouble with the UN, but rats don't rat on other rats. The U.N. should be disbanded or cleansed by fire.

The troubles throughout the world are not the responsibility of the American taxpayer. If the UN was structured honestly, the U.N. would be a trustworthy world police force, geared to enforce justice with multi-national forces.

The USA bears the brunt of every confrontation &amp; is the hated enemy of the forces of evil and ignorance. The USA needs to get out of the police business.

If the UN was a Junk Yard Dog, there wouldn't be wars. Unjust rulers would be dealt with summarily &amp; quickly. These powerful pukes of society would be warned about corruption and abuse one time. The second time would be removal. There would be no where to hide when your execution was ordered.

The world is a big place, but it's shrinking everyday. Countries all over the world want in the nuclear business, extinction of mankind is the end result.

I have never changed a man's mind by whipping his ass... I have changed some men's thinking by offering my friendship. I might have influenced more, if I had given my efforts a second chance.

I don't believe in turning the other cheek. I believe in ridding the planet of wrong doing individuals. The U.N. could structure the law and enforce the observance of that law. World Leaders, rich people, celebrities, politicians and citizens of this world would be compelled to obey or perish.

SpiderMan
12-03-2004, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> The United Nations should have become a JUNK YARD DOG, instead of a begging, crooked and impotent money sink. Our government knew and knows the trouble with the UN, but rats don't rat on other rats. The U.N. should be disbanded or cleansed by fire.

The troubles throughout the world are not the responsibility of the American taxpayer. If the UN was structured honestly, the U.N. would be a trustworthy world police force, geared to enforce justice with multi-national forces.

The USA bears the brunt of every confrontation &amp; is the hated enemy of the forces of evil and ignorance. The USA needs to get out of the police business.

If the UN was a Junk Yard Dog, there wouldn't be wars. Unjust rulers would be dealt with summarily &amp; quickly. These powerful pukes of society would be warned about corruption and abuse one time. The second time would be removal. There would be no where to hide when your execution was ordered.

The world is a big place, but it's shrinking everyday. Countries all over the world want in the nuclear business, extinction of mankind is the end result.

I have never changed a man's mind by whipping his ass... I have changed some men's thinking by offering my friendship. I might have influenced more, if I had given my efforts a second chance.

I don't believe in turning the other cheek. I believe in ridding the planet of wrong doing individuals. The U.N. could structure the law and enforce the observance of that law. World Leaders, rich people, celebrities, politicians and citizens of this world would be compelled to obey or perish. <hr /></blockquote>

My point exactly, but you said it with so much more flair!

SpiderMan

Qtec
12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The U.N. could structure the law and enforce the observance of that law. World Leaders, rich people, celebrities, politicians and citizens of this world would be compelled to obey or perish. <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
The United States has withdrawn from a treaty to establish an International Criminal Court (ICC), provoking outrage from human rights organisations.

Unsigning the treaty will throw the United States into opposition against the most important new institution for enforcing human rights in 50 years

Kenneth Roth
Human Rights Watch
In a letter to the United Nations delivered on Monday, the US says it will not consider itself bound by the treaty - even though Bill Clinton signed up to it in 2000.

The US has vehemently opposed the setting up of the ICC, fearing its soldiers and diplomats could be brought before the court which will hear cases of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

The Washington Working Group on the ICC - an umbrella group of organisations supporting the court - said withdrawing from the treaty was a "rash action signalling to the world that America is turning its back on decades of US leadership in prosecuting war criminals since the Nuremberg trials."

US 'undermined'

Judge Richard Goldstone, the first chief prosecutor at The Hague war crimes tribunal on the former Yugoslavia, echoed these sentiments saying:

"I think it is a very backwards step. It is unprecedented which I think to an extent smacks of pettiness in the sense that it is not going to affect in any way the establishment of the international criminal court".

"The US have really isolated themselves and are putting themselves into bed with the likes of China, the Yemen and other undemocratic countries," he added.

US senior diplomat Pierre-Richard Prosper said the letter "neutralised" Mr Clinton's signature on the treaty. <hr /></blockquote>

Q

Chopstick
12-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Well said ceebee.

Q I did some reading on the ICC and the ASPA. I think that because of all the America bashing that goes on, that most Americans do not trust the International Court system. As I understand it the current administration believes that it would be used to persecute Americans for political reasons, rather than being a neutral body for fighting crime.

However, as I stated before, I do support it in principal. I do not support the UN in it's current condition.