PDA

View Full Version : All's well that...What the !!!

Chopstick
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Monday night I played my APA nine ball matches. I played great. I was getting out from everywhere. I drilled everyone who played me. It was going good until I left. Someone had smashed the window out of my truck and stolen my really nice portable GPS.

I called my insurance company Tuesday and they told me they didn't cover the GPS and I had a $500 deductabile on window glass and it wouldn't cost that much to fix it so they didn't cover that either. I called a glass company and they said they would send someone out Wednesday between one and five.

Three oclock Wednesday the guy hasn't shown up or called, so I called the glass company. They put me on hold for a while and came back and said they couldn't find the technician and they would call me back with an ETA.

The phone rings and I think it's the glass company. It's not. It's Johnboy and he wants to borrow my storage unit. I call the glass company back and say "hey you guys never called me back" and they put me on hold again. They came back to the phone and said the guy can be there in a couple hours. I told them to forget it. It's too late in the day and I had eight ball matches to go to.

The phone rings again, it's the glass company. They say they can have someone there in twenty minutes. I say OK but no longer that twenty minutes. I go and vacuum the glass out of the truck and come back.

There's a knock on the door. Glass man?? No, it's the apartment maintenance guy come to fix the icemaker in the refrigerator I called about last week.

Phone rings, glass man?? No, some guy wants to offer me a job.

Phone rings, it's a woman. At this point I think it's the glass company calling to tell me the guy isn't going to show. The conversation went like this.

The woman says "Is this Charles?" Now I know it's the glass company and I'm all ready to get mad.

me: "Yes, it is."
her: "This is Phoenix."
me: "Who?"
her: "Phoenix"
me: "Phoenix?? Who's Phoenix??"
her: "You know. The girl from the club. the dancer."
me: "Ohhhh. That crazy, gorgeous, red haired girl. How you doing?"

This chick is way hot. She MUST be calling me to borrow money.

her: "Well it's my birthday and I just turned 21."

At this point I am shocked stupid. It's been months since I saw this girl.

me: "Well, lemme buy you a drink."
her: "That'll be great. I'm out of town tomorrow, so let's go out this weekend. You have my number now so, give me a call on Friday."
me: "Great I'll call you then. Bye."

Phone rings again. It's the glass man. He's here to fix my window.

Somebody just shoot me. I can't keep up.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-02-2004, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>
...her: "You know. The girl from the club. the dancer."
me: "Ohhhh. That crazy, gorgeous, red haired girl. How you doing?"

This chick is way hot. She MUST be calling me to borrow money.

her: "Well it's my birthday and I just turned 21."

At this point I am shocked stupid. It's been months since I saw this girl.

me: "Well, lemme buy you a drink."
her: "That'll be great. I'm out of town tomorrow, so let's go out this weekend. You have my number now so, give me a call on Friday."... <hr /></blockquote>

Don't take your checkbook with you.

Wally &lt;~~ been there

9 Ball Girl
12-02-2004, 08:37 AM
So the girl is 21. How old are you?

BTW, funny story!

SpiderMan
12-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Hey, if he has a heart attack at least he'll die happy, and won't have to fix the truck!

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
12-02-2004, 10:26 AM
BTW, funny story!
then again, it could just be a word progression
simply remove the first letter of glass, in sequence, until you reach the end of the story

Deeman2
12-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Chopstick,

Now you see what happens to guys who beat me in the finals of a tournament. You get the girl but someone busts up your ride.

Deeman
was nownere near Florida at the time, well Alabama was close.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-02-2004, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> BTW, funny story!
then again, it could just be a word progression
simply remove the first letter of glass, in sequence, until you reach the end of the story <hr /></blockquote>ROFLMAO!!!

Chopstick
12-02-2004, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So the girl is 21. How old are you?

BTW, funny story! <hr /></blockquote>

Old enough not to admit it. I'm about six months older than this guy.

http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/spidey_80x80.jpg

Rich R.
12-03-2004, 04:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I called my insurance company Tuesday and they told me they didn't cover the GPS and I had a $500 deductabile on window glass and it wouldn't cost that much to fix it so they didn't cover that either. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know if you have all of your insurance with one company, but if you have a home owners policy or a renters policy, you may want to check to see if the loss of the GPS would be covered under that. It's worth a try. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BTW, get some rest and good luck this weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SpiderMan
12-03-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I called my insurance company Tuesday and they told me they didn't cover the GPS and I had a $500 deductabile on window glass and it wouldn't cost that much to fix it so they didn't cover that either. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know if you have all of your insurance with one company, but if you have a home owners policy or a renters policy, you may want to check to see if the loss of the GPS would be covered under that. It's worth a try. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BTW, get some rest and good luck this weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Good point - my home theft policy covers stuff taken from my car, if it would normally have been kept at home (ie not permanently-installed car accessories).

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
A $500 deductable on a vandalistic theft usually carries a no-deductable with State Farm, or it used to anyway. I'm surprised that yours is like it is.

I always take down any electronics and put them out of sight, plus I put the sun blind in the window, rain or shine, night or day, to limit anyone's peeking eyes(I also have dark tint.) You could always be a random victim but I'd wager that these crooks saw their prize through your window. Sorry for the loss, I've been there with a radar detector many years back...sid