PDA

View Full Version : KC pool cues on EBAY

cnw20
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Has anyone ever purchased or used any of these? Sounds like a good deal with their full refund policy, including shipping. Thanks.

cueball1950
12-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I have just sent you an i m. I have several of their cues and have given away a few of them at the annual ccb tournament. Personally i love the hit that they have and they stand behind their product 100%..............mike

DavidMorris
12-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Never heard of them before, but the prices are intriguing. Their most expensive is $99 (starting bid) for this Southwest-style handmade custom cue with a Moori tip (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7117179 620&rd=1) and 100% money back including shipping if not satisfied. The only thing I don't care for on this one is the wood joint. They have another cue with a 5/16x14 SS joint for $69!

I was highly skeptical, but I noticed their eBay feedback score: 99.9% positive, 1221 Positive feedback and only 1 Negative. And apparently a lot of repeat customers because only 784 of these 1221 are unique.

At those prices I'm tempted to try one just to see if this is really a genuine limited-time attempt at getting some cues in people's hands before the prices skyrocket...

DavidMorris
12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
...and speaking of cheap eBay "hand made" cues, anybody ever heard of or had experience with DaVinci cues?

Looking at this cue (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7117168 943&rd=1), the specs are impressive: 60", 72 inlays (16 Ebony wood points, 56 Ivorine inlays).

Of course my first concern was with the ZERO feedback and the repeated use of the phrase "Pool Stick" all over the place... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hard to believe someone who makes such an intricate cue "by hand" would call it such.

David <~~~~ Not really in the market for another cue ATM but always has an eye out for bargains

RUNaRAK
12-03-2004, 11:56 AM
I purchased one of their 3 cues for $95.00. I got them for my pool room to have decent house cues. They look pretty nice for the price, I do not like the hit at all but for the $$$ they are pretty good at $30=/- each.
I would not invest too much cash in one but I have only hit with three of them....

My two cents...jbk

cnw20
12-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks to all for the respones and like you David I'm tempted to try one since it seems risk-free.

Pizza Bob
12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Just one last caveat - Search the archives here on the CCB and maybe over at RSB (using Google). I know this topic has come up before and while some comments were as above - others weren't so flattering. Get the whole picture first.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

cueball1950
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Lets clear the air on KC cues. no one is claiming that they are a great cue. but for the money and warranty they have they are a nice hitting cue. Their website...www.pool-cue.com will show you the different cues that they make and their retail price. I came acroos them like everybody else on ebay and decided to try them. I was not really disappointed about them in the beginning but i still had reservations on the hit of the cue and the taper of the shaft. So i sent Jim Shao the owner an email asking him if he could send me a weight bolt for 1 of his cues. He was more than willing and since i have added the 1/2 oz weight bolt the hit has gotten more solid. If you are looking for a nice looking cue and don't want to spend alot of money then maybe KC is the way to go. I also asked Jim where the cues are made and he claims that they are made right there in California. The cue that they advertise as a southwest like cue is actually their KC5 cue. I have all 3 of their KC5 cues. They all have different forearms above the wrap. they have birdseye maple, purple heart and rosewood. And all have ebont inlays with veneers and are not a ban looking cue. this is beginning to sound to much like a comercial and that is not what i had intended to do at all. I guess all i just wanted to say is that hey are a cheap nice looking ,fair hitting cue for the money.....mike

trailboss
12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
I will stick with my new Black Boar cue but, like was said the KC is not bad for the money!