PDA

View Full Version : Need one-pocket info.!

Stretch
12-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Quick! I need a one pocket crash course! I hooked up with Kyle a sometime poster who lives here in Halifax. He's introducing me to one pocket. I never played it before (knowone does around these parts for that matter). Great game! I didn't think i'd like it, but after i got into it for a while i found it quite fascinating. Kyle is a great guy, we hit it off and he was good enough to show me the ropes and kick my butt all over the table /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif THIS CANNOT BE!! I need websights! books! tapes! stratigy! I gotta come back with something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif St~~there goes tues nights for the winter haha~~

Tom_In_Cincy
12-03-2004, 10:50 PM
www.onepocket.org (http://www.onepocket.org)

Lots of good info and a section for beginers

PQQLK9
12-04-2004, 04:29 AM
I could not have answered better Tom.
Excellent site.

Troy
12-04-2004, 08:01 AM
YUP !!!

JimS
12-04-2004, 08:10 AM
I just discovered that site yesterday! Great spot! Fun interviews with great players too.

Hey ####. You'll remember some names being thrown about in the interviews. Should be fun for you.

Stretch
12-04-2004, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I just discovered that site yesterday! Great spot! Fun interviews with great players too.

Hey ####. You'll remember some names being thrown about in the interviews. Should be fun for you. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks guys! You came through again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Love the sight. 1P is a great change of pace for me and i only see good things comeing from adding it to my overall cue sport enjoyment. St

Rod
12-04-2004, 03:22 PM
ST, you'll adapt or keep getting your butt kicked! LOL Really OP is a test of all skills. You need to be creative to be a good player. Where one might see a decent shot another will see several options and pick the best one for the situation. Just placing balls in certain positions even if it's not near the rack area can be an advantage as the game develops.

Have fun, learn when to be agressive and when to pass but still have passive agressive play. Then there are times when you just have to save your A$$ or times when you can't. LOL

Rod